Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Miles - what else to do?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Total surprise this morning a DUS DUB flight from July 18 appeared on my account (the one on June 10 didn't and was manually added through the missing flights form 4 weeks later), lets see if Avios appears tomorrow

DUS never worked even in GC days, so clearly something is going on.

I did check in online so the real test is does this work at the check in desk also, but if like the posters above outstations are now working it fixes an issue going back to before AC
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:18 am

I had my MUC - DUB leg post automatically after 1 week also. Strangely though the Avios did not post for that flight or for a subsequent DUB - MUC leg. TPs appeared last Thursday and today still no Avios. Usually post in 24 hours, max 48.

Update: Just received Avios this afternoon.

Last edited by mccartje; Jul 30, 2018 at 8:43 am
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Amazingly the Avios from 5 flights taken between Jan and April 2018 have all posted on 30/07. Tier points for all flights had already been applied. Happy days
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:23 am

Yeah they certainly seem to be on top of things now, flights posting somewhat predictably after 4 odd days (ok by comparison to other programs where it's within 24/48 hours it's not great but at least the flights are posting automatically now so I'll take that!). Also the back dating of awarding old flights is happening plus the website updates with better info all points towards EI pulling their socks up a bit with Aerclub.

Probably a stretch to suggest it's to get in line with a oneworld connect announcement in the next year but one can hope.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
I'm actually flabbergasted at Aer Lingus support, I know there's horror stories in this thread alone, but I guess it was more of a 'until it happens to me' type of scenario. On my own AerClub account it's been fine, missed two out of about 40 flights over the first year, missing flights form solved it almost overnight. On my Father's account, I've been chasing the same 125 points from a US J return leg since April, outbound posted on his and my Mother's account, return only posted on hers. Messaged EI on twitter today, explaining the pertinent details and that I've submitted missing flights five times in the live four months, their first response 'Have you tried submitting missing flights form?', when reminded that was the first thing I said they replied 'We have submitted the missing flights form for you, please wait 48 hours'. Actually unbelievable.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:40 pm

They do seem to be on top of it in recent months for out station auto credits. Not one has failed to post for me in recent months.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: Aerclub, United
Originally Posted by alancostello
I'm actually flabbergasted at Aer Lingus support, I know there's horror stories in this thread alone, but I guess it was more of a 'until it happens to me' type of scenario. On my own AerClub account it's been fine, missed two out of about 40 flights over the first year, missing flights form solved it almost overnight. On my Father's account, I've been chasing the same 125 points from a US J return leg since April, outbound posted on his and my Mother's account, return only posted on hers. Messaged EI on twitter today, explaining the pertinent details and that I've submitted missing flights five times in the live four months, their first response 'Have you tried submitting missing flights form?', when reminded that was the first thing I said they replied 'We have submitted the missing flights form for you, please wait 48 hours'. Actually unbelievable.
I agree that its better, but its far from right. Other half is missing flights from June (UK) and 2 weeks ago (TA) - missing flights done etc etc. My own TA trip this week has not appeared yet - bit early for the return, but the outbound was Monday. My last TA in June had to be put in via the missing flights form, they didn't auto post after 2 weeks. I am still missing a business UA trip from Jan 17, and other half is missing BA TA trips from mid last year, though one other one posted about 6 weeks ago. I am yet to come across anyone that has had a United or Cathay trip receive Avios.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by mx5ire
I agree that its better, but its far from right. Other half is missing flights from June (UK) and 2 weeks ago (TA) - missing flights done etc etc. My own TA trip this week has not appeared yet - bit early for the return, but the outbound was Monday. My last TA in June had to be put in via the missing flights form, they didn't auto post after 2 weeks. I am still missing a business UA trip from Jan 17, and other half is missing BA TA trips from mid last year, though one other one posted about 6 weeks ago. I am yet to come across anyone that has had a United or Cathay trip receive Avios.
My summer flights have all been posting in good time but United is a bit of a joke at this stage. They said Avios would be awarded in the next phase of the roll out but that was well over a year ago. I've a First Class United flight, taken specifically to earn Avios, from over a year ago. Have submitted a couple of times. Nothing. Other than that it's going well for me lately.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:21 am

Strange thought they had the TA flights sorted for a long time, I never had any issues for normal operations. TA on Monday not posting yet is not so strange, can take up to a week at times, though usually 4/5 days for me (which as I said is not a great posting time but as long as it posts). One thing does seem for sure is the awarding of partner flights is still a mess so I guess some work to be done there. As a side note for the BA flights, why would you try put that to EI knowing the issues, surely just use a BAEC account and transfer the avios.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aerclub, United
Originally Posted by mccartje
Strange thought they had the TA flights sorted for a long time, I never had any issues for normal operations. TA on Monday not posting yet is not so strange, can take up to a week at times, though usually 4/5 days for me (which as I said is not a great posting time but as long as it posts). One thing does seem for sure is the awarding of partner flights is still a mess so I guess some work to be done there. As a side note for the BA flights, why would you try put that to EI knowing the issues, surely just use a BAEC account and transfer the avios.
Hard lesson learned the hard way ! We now credit BA type flights via a BA account and will just combine the avios - at the time (Apr & May 17) we mistakenly assumed that the 'next update' of AerClub would resolve the issues. Or so we were told...
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:23 pm

Hard lesson learned the hard way ! We now credit BA type flights via a BA account and will just combine the avios - at the time (Apr & May 17) we mistakenly assumed that the 'next update' of AerClub would resolve the issues. Or so we were told...
Ah I see, certainly not an unreasonable assumption at the time. I think we've all fallen foul to assuming something would be sorted by aerclub in reasonable time only to be disappointed.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I never got despite numerous conversations, emails, IM......
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Flew DUS DUB on Monday, tier credits arrived today
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Flew UA EWR-Bos June 17 and put my EI avios number on the booking. Avios posted yesterday. First avios from a UA flight that I am aware of. All 151 of them!
JAXBA likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Just saw my 4 UA flights from May 2017 have posted! Yay!

Waiting on 2 more from a month ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.