Community
Wiki Posts
Search

News for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:44 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
In light of the importance of the announcement, a large number of posts discussing A3's move to charging for advance seat reservations have been broken out into a dedicated thread.

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Please continue to contribute there. Thanks.

/mod
headingwest likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:04 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Is this new?

Dedicated call center line To enjoy priority and high quality assistance, you may call the dedicated Gold members’ line, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A qualified call center representative, will be at your disposal to assist you with your enquiries. Login to your account and you will have access to the phone number listed under the ‘’My Gold Benefits!” section.
Anybody been able to find the number?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Is this new?

Anybody been able to find the number?
Yes. On your Miles&Bonus account page (the one that shows how many miles you have) it's listed in the 'My Gold Benefits' box.

This was the one good thing that was announced recently! I did notice that on the general 'contact us' page, the telephone numbers no longer have operating hours. Does this mean that all offices are now taking calls 24/7?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yes. On your Miles&Bonus account page (the one that shows how many miles you have) it's listed in the 'My Gold Benefits' box.

This was the one good thing that was announced recently! I did notice that on the general 'contact us' page, the telephone numbers no longer have operating hours. Does this mean that all offices are now taking calls 24/7?
Nice, but I have never needed to wait when making a call anyways.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ErnstH
Me neither. Although it does seem that all numbers are now answered 24/7.

I wonder if the 'dedicated' line for Gold members really is any different to the general numbers. It is a welcome development. ^
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

Thanks, I was clicking the "See all benefits" link and couldn't find the number. Turns out it was right in front of me all that time!

Originally Posted by ErnstH
Wait for the moment you are caught in an ATC strike, or other major disruption in ATH. It will take a VERY long time to get through to the callcenter, if you are able to at all. Having a number that offers priority would be extremely useful in such cases.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:37 pm

Me neither. Although it does seem that all numbers are now answered 24/7.

I wonder if the 'dedicated' line for Gold members really is any different to the general numbers. It is a welcome development. ^

From what I gather all agents are cross skilled to deal with normal and Gold line calls. If there were 5 calls holding for example and 2 Golds the Golds would drop through first. Agent skill settings can be adjusted depending on demand.
headingwest likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:25 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I called the Gold line this morning, to apply two upgrades coupons to two segment of a 4 segment itineray.
Waiting time: less than 10 seconds after going through the menu (English or Greek) and the warning.
Competent agent and business done in less than 5 minutes (1 segment upgraded, 1 waitlisted).
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Lots of Greek press reports last few days stating Aegean will soon be announcing the purchase of either 50 Boeing 737Max or A320s.

English summary here:

Aegean Air Prepares $5.5 Billion Jet Deal; Rules Out Long Haul Flights in Immediate Future - The Pappas Post
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by dcmike
Lots of Greek press reports last few days stating Aegean will soon be announcing the purchase of either 50 Boeing 737Max or A320s.

English summary here:

Aegean Air Prepares $5.5 Billion Jet Deal; Rules Out Long Haul Flights in Immediate Future - The Pappas Post
"There has been speculation that Aegean could begin the popular New York to Athens route which numerous airlines already run, particularly in the high traffic summer months. But Gerogiannis confirmed that there are no immediate prospect of Aegean entering the long-haul market on routes once served by Olympic, though that’s something that may be considered going into next decade."

Imagine long-haul on A3 Not sure if it would scale as we would want it to (or if it will ever happen), but one can hope...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by blackball
"There has been speculation that Aegean could begin the popular New York to Athens route which numerous airlines already run, particularly in the high traffic summer months. But Gerogiannis confirmed that there are no immediate prospect of Aegean entering the long-haul market on routes once served by Olympic, though that’s something that may be considered going into next decade."

Imagine long-haul on A3 Not sure if it would scale as we would want it to (or if it will ever happen), but one can hope...
Not the Longhaul thing again... Wont happen. If it does happen then you can say goodbye to M&B and A3 because the losses would collapse the airline. Seems management are aware of this too hence the ''no immediate prospect'' comment that they have consistently made. I wish journalists and excited ex pats would stop asking about something that is a pipedream and belongs to the past.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:08 am

A few years ago, when people in A3 were discussing the far far possibilities for longhaul, it was (undersereved) Asia market was 1st target and not the saturated US/NYC area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.