Community
Wiki Posts
Search

News for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
It looks like it's replacing a Q400 for the whole summer. Starts 25th March. The Q400 fleet were REALLY busy this past summer so I guess they decided one could be better used elsewhere. They could do two short domestic flights in the same time.

For me, I'd still take one of the TK flights on A330 or 777 in a proper reclining business seat. The A3 and TK business class fares are identical. The Aegean A319 is NOT nice. The first row is OK (but still more cramped than the A320 fleet) but rows 2 onward have a 'charter' pitch - even tighter than the seats at the back of the A320. If C class is expanded to more than one row I would be VERY unhappy with that. And who'd really pay 275 Euro for half an hour sat in that? A slightly nicer sandwich a glass of wine for an extra 215 Euro (61 vs 276 most days)
Having flown this route last week I would take the OA Q400 over the A3 A319 anyday. The short hop was comfortable and with less passengers not the usual scrum.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:17 pm

The Greece-LCA flights (ATH-LCA, HER-LCA, SKG-LCA, RHO-LCA) have switched to OA-code (OA operated flight, like all domestic ones).
It seems that LCA-TLV (i believe the only international flight from LCA) is still operating as A3.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
The Greece-LCA flights (ATH-LCA, HER-LCA, SKG-LCA, RHO-LCA) have switched to OA-code (OA operated flight, like all domestic ones).
It seems that LCA-TLV (i believe the only international flight from LCA) is still operating as A3.
Seriously now, but how is A3 benefiting from switching to OA codes? Is it tax related?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: A3*G, BAEC Gold
I fly TXL-ATH-LCA very often and those connections look messed up, however the arriving in LCA after midnight option seems to be gone.

Either way, the flights still seem to be operated by A3*. I'm having trouble figuring out the whole point of this. Does anybody have more information about this?

*Even though the booking engine displays "operated by Olympic Air".
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Seriously now, but how is A3 benefiting from switching to OA codes? Is it tax related?
It could be a contractual obligation as part of the merger/absorbing of Olympic Air.
Or, it’s financially beneficial to switch to OA operated flights.
Or, brand alignment (A3 International brand, OA domestic brand).
Or, the aircraft utilization/ optimization of the two fleets.
We can speculate about it, but A3 doesn’t have the obligation to explain to us (unless you are a share holder of course).
Just accept the situation and work with it, or don’t fly them! Cheers!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:24 pm

Well, the idea is that A3 is trying to avoid the $6 charged per segment, per passenger for flights issued by a GDS like Amadeus. All travel agents are required to use the separate OA platform for issuing the tickets. One could say that we are moving to a "low-cost" environment which might be necessary for A3 to compete on the ATH-LCA route (which this summer is going to have too many loco competitors: (Blue Air up to 3 daily, Cobalt up to 2 daily, TUS Airways 2 daily, Cyprus 4 weekly).

I am mostly worried about when the new ancillary charges will pop-up. There are rumours about seat charges
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I am mostly worried about when the new ancillary charges will pop-up. There are rumours about seat charges
On all A3/OA flight?

The wide open seat map at OLCI at T-48 is imho one of the nicer "less known" advantages of A3 compared to other airlines. I always set a reminder on my phone and never had any problem grabbing my preferred seat (security row if no hurry to disembark, as far up front as possible if time is more important). It would be a shame if that would disappear, even if only for a number of flights..
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Advance seat assignment is only available for Gold/business, doubt they would make that a paid option in its current form. What they could do of course is make it a paid option for everybody else..
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:30 pm

The first thing they are already(?) trying as ancillary revenue, is selling gold track in Athens airport. I see the following in my booking: In my case it is included due to Gold status) but I am not sure how it appears to other pax. and if indeed you can buy it. Maybe someone with non-gold status can tell us?

Last edited by jerry_greece; Jan 25, 2018 at 10:40 am
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Platinium Elite, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Andem
I fly TXL-ATH-LCA very often and those connections look messed up, however the arriving in LCA after midnight option seems to be gone.

Either way, the flights still seem to be operated by A3*. I'm having trouble figuring out the whole point of this. Does anybody have more information about this?

*Even though the booking engine displays "operated by Olympic Air".
Actually I can see those arrivals as long as Feb, and still Operated by Aegean Airlines
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:13 am

The change is effective with the Summer 18 schedule (i.e. end of March).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:38 am

Greek carrier Aegean grew passenger traffic by 6 percent in 2017 | Business | ekathimerini.com

Greece’s largest carrier Aegean Airlines said on Monday it flew 6 percent more passengers last year, mostly on international flights, hitting a record 13.2 million passengers.

Aegean, a member of the Star Alliance airline group, improved its load factor to 83.2 percent last year from 77.4 percent in 2016, riding on a strong tourism year.

The carrier is adding 11 new routes this year, including Basel in Switzerland, Malaga in Spain and Palermo, Turin and Bologna in Italy.

Aegean plans to renew its fleet of mostly Airbus (AIR.PA) narrow body jets and is currently evaluating the new generation Airbus A320neo family and Boeing’s.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:29 am

The first thing they are already(?) trying as ancillary revenue, is selling gold track in Athens airport. I see the following in my booking: In my case it is included due to Gold status) but I am not sure how it appears to other pax. and if indeed you can buy it. Maybe someone with non-gold status can tell us?
I have a booking for myself (*G) and a non-*G friend, under my name it says the same as in your screenshot, under my friends name it says 'No Security Fast Track selected' (with no further option to buy fast track access).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by KL714
I have a booking for myself (*G) and a non-*G friend, under my name it says the same as in your screenshot, under my friends name it says 'No Security Fast Track selected' (with no further option to buy fast track access).
Thanks, then, they are still "preparing" the option.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:59 pm

I just checked again, I can now see an 'Add Security Fast Track' option but when clicking it takes me to a blank page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.