Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Is A3 using OA flight numbers to deny *A benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is A3 using OA flight numbers to deny *A benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by East_and_West
As a rule of thumb:
-Greek domestic flights on OA (A3) - no benefits for non-A3*Gs
-Intra-European/international domestic flights on A3 (OA) - *G benefits for non-A3*Gs
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, as I have a situation that falls outside of your rule of thumb.

I am flying a domestic flight operated by Aegean (RHO - ATH) connecting to an international flight operated by Olympic (ATH - ADB). Will I get lounge access in ATH as a UA Star Gold?

From reading the forum I believe I am definitely entitled to enhanced baggage benefits and airport priority services due to arrangements between UA and A3.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:02 am

As I wrote in another thread your flight has an A3 operating flight number (regardless of the actual aircraft to fly on), meaning that you will get the usual *A benefits, regardless of the agreement between UA/A3.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:22 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
As I wrote in another thread your flight has an A3 operating flight number (regardless of the actual aircraft to fly on), meaning that you will get the usual *A benefits, regardless of the agreement between UA/A3.
This still seems to be a bit unclear (at least to me): Have a ATH-KLX (domestic) booking on flight A3 234, operated by Olympic. The flight does not have a OA flight number. In my booking, the A3 website states that I have one free bag as *G. But at the top of the booking, there is also a notice “Free baggage allowance benefit for Star Alliance Gold Members is valid only for segments operated by Aegean”. Which is it now?

And what about the other *G benefits (lounge, fast lane specifically)?
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by baggage tag
This still seems to be a bit unclear (at least to me): Have a ATH-KLX (domestic) booking on flight A3 234, operated by Olympic. The flight does not have a OA flight number. In my booking, the A3 website states that I have one free bag as *G. But at the top of the booking, there is also a notice “Free baggage allowance benefit for Star Alliance Gold Members is valid only for segments operated by Aegean”. Which is it now?

Think of it as Eurowings is to Lufthansa. If you are not an LH *G, you get nothing.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by baggage tag

Think of it as Thai Smile is to Thai Airways. If you are not an TG *G, you get nothing.
Think of it as UNI Air is to EVA Air. If you are not an BR *G, you get nothing.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Harper50505
Think of it as Eurowings is to Lufthansa. If you are not an LH *G, you get nothing.
There are LH flights operated by EW that do not bear an EW flight number and where all normal *G benefits are granted, i.e. EW is operating a wet lease for LH. This seems to be a similar situation with my ATH-KLX flight. Hence my question.

For the time being, I will assume that I will receive nothing and revert back here after the flight. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:56 pm

Based on my logic (which Animawings seems to be conflicting):

ATH-KLX seems to be operated with an A3 prime number (A3234), so I would expect that all perks should be applied, regardless if the aircraft operating is OA ATR or A3 320.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:09 pm

Lounge ATH

G'day, and sorry if I ask something which has been discussed/answered before. We booked a flight from Athens to Paros with Aegean and it will be operated by OA. I am *Gold (KrisFlyer), so I assume that no lounge access for us. What about the Lufthansa lounge? Will they deny us access because it is an OA flight number? Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by Swaussie
G'day, and sorry if I ask something which has been discussed/answered before. We booked a flight from Athens to Paros with Aegean and it will be operated by OA. I am *Gold (KrisFlyer), so I assume that no lounge access for us. What about the Lufthansa lounge? Will they deny us access because it is an OA flight number? Thanks a lot.
If you are referring to OA074, u will not be allow to access LH lounge in ATH that's include *Gold from Aegean Airline

(Olympic Air will invite *Gold from Aegean Airline to Aegean lounge)
Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:30 pm

Thanks a lot, Yauee!
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Based on my logic (which Animawings seems to be conflicting):

ATH-KLX seems to be operated with an A3 prime number (A3234), so I would expect that all perks should be applied, regardless if the aircraft operating is OA ATR or A3 320.
We took this flight yesterday and you were spot on. Full *G benefits (luggage, lounge…) were granted for this flight, which while operated by OA, did not have an OA flight number. Operations were under an A3 flight number according to Flightradar24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.