Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Very interesting thread, and I got the catering link from here. Quick question. Four of us are traveling CDG ATH JTR. two of us are in business and 2 in Economy. Questions are:

1. As we have one ticket that shows for those in business CDG ATH as 2 X 32 kg bags, will the same apply to ATH JTR even though it has been ticketed as economy class? The PNR is the same.

2. Can J class passengers bring one guest to the lounge?
1. Yes.

2. No. Not sure if you get lounge access in ATH, as your departing flight is in Y-cl...
Old May 24, 2016, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
1. Yes.

2. No. Not sure if you get lounge access in ATH, as your departing flight is in Y-cl...
And even if onward flight is in business, business class passengers can only go in themselves, no guests. Only gold members can guest.
But remember that Aegean Silver members have 2 coupons for lounges which allow you to bring a guest on each.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Thanks. That's what I thought.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: Miles and More
hi guys,
New on Aegean, but already earned 10k miles, but have not yet used any miles and I saw, that 'Spend your miles for flights on Aegean and Olympic Air, or reach hundreds of worldwide destinations, with our Star Alliance partners.'
So If i have 70-100k miles I can spend them on any Star Alliance partners?
As I know, even Miles and more does not offer award tickets for ALL Star Alliance partners.

Also if it is true, is there any calculators, where can I see how much have I to pay extra for international flights from EU to USA/ASIA?
Will i get also tier miles for Award flights or not?

Thanks
Old May 29, 2016, 4:46 am

Hi and welcome to FT and A3.

Originally Posted by newmemberhere
hi guys,
New on Aegean, but already earned 10k miles, but have not yet used any miles and I saw, that 'Spend your miles for flights on Aegean and Olympic Air, or reach hundreds of worldwide destinations, with our Star Alliance partners.'
So If i have 70-100k miles I can spend them on any Star Alliance partners?
As I know, even Miles and more does not offer award tickets for ALL Star Alliance partners.
I'm not sure what you mean about Miles and More, but yes you can redeem for flights on all Star Alliance partners (assuming award inventory is available). The availability is generally the same for all Star Alliance programs, with the occasional exception of their own FFP members, which is why I'm not sure what you mean with your M&M comment.

Also if it is true, is there any calculators, where can I see how much have I to pay extra for international flights from EU to USA/ASIA?
Will i get also tier miles for Award flights or not?
You will definitely not get any miles for award flights, I'm afraid. But wouldn't that be nice?
Old May 29, 2016, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by witlesspax
Hi and welcome to FT and A3.

I'm not sure what you mean about Miles and More, but yes you can redeem for flights on all Star Alliance partners (assuming award inventory is available). The availability is generally the same for all Star Alliance programs, with the occasional exception of their own FFP members, which is why I'm not sure what you mean with your M&M comment.

You will definitely not get any miles for award flights, I'm afraid. But wouldn't that be nice?
thank you for an answer.
I mean, if you log in in M&M program and tried to book something, you can not choose TAP or SAS planes, anyway you have not them even in an option.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:03 am

I understand that I do not get any award miles for Award Flight, however I thought may be they give you status miles for a flight.

But anyway if through an Aegean you can redeem you miles on any partners line, for me it would be perfect, because this way I can use my miles anywhere and on any continental.
Are there any calculators, where I can find how many taxes are they gonna take for a flight?
Old May 29, 2016, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by newmemberhere
I understand that I do not get any award miles for Award Flight, however I thought may be they give you status miles for a flight.

But anyway if through an Aegean you can redeem you miles on any partners line, for me it would be perfect, because this way I can use my miles anywhere and on any continental.
Are there any calculators, where I can find how many taxes are they gonna take for a flight?
No status miles either, which makes sense as you didn't pay for the flight. I have no experience redeeming with M&M, but you can play around with the A3 interface and see if you can see the missing TAP and SAS flights that you think you should see.

As for calculators, it will depend on the airline and route that you are considering, there is a thread or two on here that explains the details, or you can get a sample at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...periences.html

ITA Matrix will also give you a tax breakdown which should generally be what applies to your flight, with the exception of YQ which is not always charged. Unfortunately, A3 seems to be pretty inconsistent with what they think you should be charged (e.g., people sometimes get charged sales taxes on the full price).
Old May 29, 2016, 8:41 am

Hey! newbie here. I hope somebody could help me sort some of my doubts.

I am based in europe so I am trying to score the a3 gold in a sort of a single rtw flight, well not the the real rtw ticket that you might think but actually a combo of seatburning flights that will take me literally rtw.

flight itinerary is fco-ist-lax-pek and return through CA and TK.

my doubts are as follows :

on CA website, during the process of reservation you got a bunch of fare basis codes like V, U, T, L sort of in just a single fare, i have understood that sometimes an airline would drop like WVHY3L and that means i would consider just the first letter which is W on this example, but on CA's website, the codes are separated with "," and that i don't know about. Going on with the reservation though, on the flight summary, it actually says along with class, another fare basis code on "( )" which i'm not sure if to consider as the definite one, a flight book for a cousin a few years back that was supposed to have a mileage credit of 100% on a3 was given 0 miles, even after sending a3 relative documents and proofs, so i just don't know if to trust what CA shows. This doubt is further supported with what i noticed, supposedly CA's "L" fares would credit 100% on a3, but is it normal that on CA itself and on the rest of Star alliance that same "L" fare is considered the lowest and would actually credit the least.. I would be more confident if a3 listed it along with a 25% o 0% mileage credit but 100%...err.

TK legs has more or less the same problem and doubts, i'm basically trying to book on their website directly and the lowest fares gives 0-25% mileage credit ( i'm yet to discover how to search of flexi fares on TK's site).. but the real problem i have on this is, when trying to book on third party (travel2be for instance), the same exact flight with actually a cheaper fare is coded with a 100% mileage credit on a3..should i trust this? is this even possible? I was actually expecting the contrary.

sorry for this newbie post and i hope it actually made sense. this is just to avoid flying for 60k miles for nothing..

cheers!
Old May 29, 2016, 9:05 am

Dear All.....I am 1302 Miles short of my Aegean Award...is there any Idea floating around on how to get these missinge Miles cheap and easy?
Old May 29, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Dear All.....I am 1302 Miles short of my Aegean Award...is there any Idea floating around on how to get these missinge Miles cheap and easy?
Now, here's an idea that often doesn't occur to many FTers: what about flying A3?
Old May 29, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by bovag
Hey! newbie here. I hope somebody could help me sort some of my doubts...[very long skip, snip...]
Hi, and welcome to FT and the A3 forum!

Having followed for many years discussions concerning this kind of problems in FT, the only thing that I could suggest, is to contact a good TA who would be in position to interpret all the airline gibberish and help you. This may cost a little more at the end if you book through him, but better this than the long frustration attached to often unsuccessful retro-claims. At any rate, this is what I was doing myself at the time when I was usually flying ST and had to deal with exactly the same problem for several years...
Old May 29, 2016, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
If you are a silver or gold member, you could in theory open 2 more accounts in random names, and join them to your together account, which would give you 1,000 miles from each member from the sign-up bonus.
However, you may risk closure...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...t-audit-3.html
Old May 30, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Tier miles or award miles?

You can buy up to 2000 tier miles from A3 if you are Gold, 1000 miles if you are Silver. Its 25 Euros per block of 500 miles.

You can buy up to 50000 award miles at 25 Euros per 1000 miles, regardless of your membership tier.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: A3
Hey guys,

Recently on my DEN->MUC flight I was upgraded to Premium Economy (E) class from my U class ticket.

Question to you is, will I get my miles for flying E or still from flying U? I checked on Amadeus and on that PNR it still says that the flight was U class.

Just wondering how it works in practice.

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.