Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:59 am

DUB from ATH, depart from the non-schengen side right ?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
DUB is not in Schengen (thanks, UK!) so yes.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
DUB is not in Schengen (thanks, UK!) so yes.
Thank you
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
As I said, once your status is changed to Silver, everything resets. A new year starts and you'll start with zero status miles.
I stand corrected. You don't start the run to Gold with zero but with your status miles minus what was used to get you to Silver (12 or 24k).
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by IBstudent
DUB from ATH, depart from the non-schengen side right ?
Lucky the British have saved the Irish from being dragged into the mess of Schengen so no difference and free to roam air side between T1-T2 which is a god send sometimes. ^
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: A3 silver IHG Gold Hilton Silver
At which airline I get 100% miles in economy

Hello all,

I've been a while watching airlines where i can get 100% miles in economy A3.

To begin in economy that are SAS, Etiopian airlines, Air China.

But there are still other airlines, in which you can get 100% miles in economy?

Thx Kim
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:05 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by kimmenten
I've been a while watching airlines where i can get 100% miles in economy A3.

To begin in economy that are SAS, Etiopian airlines, Air China.

But there are still other airlines, in which you can get 100% miles in economy?
I am not sure what you are asking. Is it: which airlines can you fly to get 100% miles when crediting to A3?

Then the answer is here: http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu.../all-airlines/

This is updated frequently so it is best to refer to the website. Currently, only flying SAS economy gives you 100% miles in A3. Airlines like Ethiopian and Thai give either 100% or 0%.

Or: are you asking which frequent flyer programs give you 100% miles when you fly A3 economy? Then you will have to check each airline's website.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Would an intra-region award redemption thru another region be possible when there are no other flight options?
e.g. Africa-Europe-Africa?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
Would an intra-region award redemption thru another region be possible when there are no other flight options?
e.g. Africa-Europe-Africa?
Radio Erivan: Yes, but it will cost accordingly!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by KLouis
Radio Erivan
LOL
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Quick question... If a segment has A3 code share flight number and it is on other metal (e.g. TK) does that count as "A3 segments" for qualification?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Quick question... If a segment has A3 code share flight number and it is on other metal (e.g. TK) does that count as "A3 segments" for qualification?
Nope. Only A3 and OA metal counts.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
No although if it was the other way around it would count. ie: TK flight number operated by A3.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Is it the same with all Star Alliance airlines, that what matters is the metal flown, not the flight number booking code?

(As far as I know all oneworld FFPs work the other way.)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
Is it the same with all Star Alliance airlines, that what matters is the metal flown, not the flight number booking code?
For our purposes here, yes.

There a few odd ones out, like the VIE-CDG codeshare between OS and AF where, for the purposes of the M&M program, the marketing carrier counts. And you have the situation with tightly integrated carriers who's flights count as if flown by their exclusive marketing partner (for example those marketed as United Express and Air Canada Express).

Last edited by sokolov; Apr 24, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.