Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:17 am

Can you credit miles for a voucher-upgraded A3 segment to a *A programme other than M+B? I used one of my A3 upgrade vouchers on a segment booked in S and was able to add my Avianca Lifemiles # during OLCI before the upgrade had cleared, and my AV # subsequently remained on the upgraded boarding pass as well; however the miles did not post on my AV account. I guess I'm just wondering whether miles for the underlying fare class (S) can be credited to M+B only, or to other *A programmes as well.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Is it possible to book a mixed cabin *A award through A3? I’m looking to redeem LH F, but my connections ex-FRA are in C. Website will only show C for any awards with onward connections via FRA but can see F when searching awards terminating in FRA, can this be done over the phone?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by ALGU
Is it possible to book a mixed cabin *A award through A3? I’m looking to redeem LH F, but my connections ex-FRA are in C. Website will only show C for any awards with onward connections via FRA but can see F when searching awards terminating in FRA, can this be done over the phone?
Will require separate awards. Found answer in separate thread here.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Sometimes connection like that can be booked online.
Via the phone should generally work as well.

Either way, the amount of miles needed will be determined as if you had booked two separate award trips.
That why it's generally not ideal to book such combinations.
If it makes sense for you, you might want to book it separately.
The only problem with that wouldbe that you cannot get access to the FCL and FCT right before you connecting flights which are in C.
For FCL/FCT access (other than right before the flight in F) all flights need to eb on a single ticket.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
International to Domestic connecting procedure

I’m arriving ATH Sunday from AA International flight @ noon . I was able to change my Aegean Flex ticket to depart ATH at 17:15 to Santorini.

I have looked for airport map that is not blurred to no avail so I am unfamiliar with the layout of the airport.

i know I have to exit Passport/customs and will have carryon bag from International flight. That bag however will be 10 kg and not 8 as required but with a Flex I can check it.

Could someone be so kind as to outline the connecting process for me ie. check-in desks , distances etc. or link a map that is readable. Also will I need to get to the satellite terminal and how?

Thank you all for your kind responses.

Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:48 pm

You can download a map of ATH as PDF here:
http://www.athensflights.gr/index_maps.htm
Just click on the images.

If I understand you correctly, it's gonna be fairly simple.
Leave the Non-Schengen part of the airport, go to check-in to drop off your bag, enter the Schengen side of the airport and wait for your flight.

And last but not least, have a great time in Greece!

Distances are generally short (relatively speaking).
Since you've got a lot of time there shouldn't be any need to rush.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:24 pm

From the southermost A gate (non-Schengen) to the northermost B gate (Schengen) it's ~800 metres. Adding a few metres in order to get to the CI desks and back, the worst case scenario would be a little less than 1000 metres walking, i.e. a total of 15 minutes (maximum). Add to that time for immigration, CI and security...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:27 pm

Why don't I have a way to start a new discussion / thread?

I've looked and probably overlooked a place to start a new discussion in one of the forums. I am brand new to this here, but I'm not brand new to contributing to online forums.

Can someone please embarrass me by showing how simple it is for me to start a new discussion? I'm just not seeing it. Thank you!

jb
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by JBAIR
I've looked and probably overlooked a place to start a new discussion in one of the forums. I am brand new to this here, but I'm not brand new to contributing to online forums.

Can someone please embarrass me by showing how simple it is for me to start a new discussion? I'm just not seeing it. Thank you!

jb
There are some limitations on new members and what they can do. I thought maybe there was a block on creating new threads for some time, but it seems not. See here:

New Member Posting Restriction [URL - link - image]

I have a "New Thread" button at the top left, just above the list of threads. Do you not have that?

Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: AA, onePass
Originally Posted by KLouis
From the southermost A gate (non-Schengen) to the northermost B gate (Schengen) it's ~800 metres. Adding a few metres in order to get to the CI desks and back, the worst case scenario would be a little less than 1000 metres walking, i.e. a total of 15 minutes (maximum). Add to that time for immigration, CI and security...
Thank you both KLouis and Chiller3333...that sounds very simple☺️
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi All - apologies if this seems really simplistic, but just want to make sure I have understood this correctly (and I know I have misunderstood how Aegean works in the past): To get to Gold I first need to earn Silver at 12,000 miles and 2 Aegean flights. Then I need to earn another 24,000 and 4 Aegean flights. If I want to do it all in one go - straight to Gold, that I need to do 36,000 and 6 flights or 36,000 and 4 flights?

If I flew TK on a return ticket that would earn me 38,482 miles and then after that I flew say an LHR-ATH-LCA-ATH-LHR flight for 4 sectors (adding an extra 2 if necessary) would that get me gold? Or would I need to fly 12,000 miles first with 2 sectors on Aegean and then earn another 24,000 and the extra required sectors?

Does that make sense? Any clarification appreciated.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:16 am

You need to get silver before getting gold.
And however you get to silver first counts.

What I mean to say is, if you collect more than 24k miles before flying on A3/OA twice, 24k miles will count towards silver and only the access will get you towards gold.

So (generally), the following things can get you to gold:
1. Silver (12k + 2 segments) and then gold (24k + 4 segments)
2. Silver (24k) and then gold (24k + 4 segments)
3. Silver (12k + 2 segments) and then gold (48k)
4. Silver (24k) and then gold (48k)

But Silver MUST be completed first.

Applied to your case, if you fly 38k miles on TK before ever flying on A3/OA, only 14k miles will count towards gold.
No matter how many times you'll fly A3/OA after that, the first 24k will get you to silver. Period.

An alternative would be, flying 2 segments on A3/OA, then flying the 38k on TK.
Then 12k (actually less since the A3/OA flights will also earn sth but for simplicity...) of the TK flights plus the 2 segments on A3/OA will get you silver.
The remaining 26k will then count towards gold, requiring you to either fly another 22k miles or 4 segments on A3/OA.

Segments flown before being upgraded to gold do not carry over if I recall correctly.

Hope this helps.
wijibintheair and giorginho like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
You need to get silver before getting gold.
And however you get to silver first counts.

What I mean to say is, if you collect more than 24k miles before flying on A3/OA twice, 24k miles will count towards silver and only the access will get you towards gold.

So (generally), the following things can get you to gold:
1. Silver (12k + 2 segments) and then gold (24k + 4 segments)
2. Silver (24k) and then gold (24k + 4 segments)
3. Silver (12k + 2 segments) and then gold (48k)
4. Silver (24k) and then gold (48k)

But Silver MUST be completed first.

Applied to your case, if you fly 38k miles on TK before ever flying on A3/OA, only 14k miles will count towards gold.
No matter how many times you'll fly A3/OA after that, the first 24k will get you to silver. Period.

An alternative would be, flying 2 segments on A3/OA, then flying the 38k on TK.
Then 12k (actually less since the A3/OA flights will also earn sth but for simplicity...) of the TK flights plus the 2 segments on A3/OA will get you silver.
The remaining 26k will then count towards gold, requiring you to either fly another 22k miles or 4 segments on A3/OA.

Segments flown before being upgraded to gold do not carry over if I recall correctly.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much - that does make sense - much appreciated.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
If I flew TK on a return ticket that would earn me 38,482 miles and then after that I flew say an LHR-ATH-LCA-ATH-LHR flight for 4 sectors (adding an extra 2 if necessary) would that get me gold? Or would I need to fly 12,000 miles first with 2 sectors on Aegean and then earn another 24,000 and the extra required sectors?
With 0 flights on A3, you need 24,000 Star Alliance miles to get to silver. So, when you have acquired 24,000 miles on TK, you're upgraded to silver. The counter is then reset to 0, except that the miles earned above 24,000 are rolled over, so if you e.g. have 25,300 miles, there's 1,300 miles which are rolled over for gold qualification.

You will then need 24,000 miles including 4 A3 flights to get to gold, so the suggested itinerary would not be enough.

It's better if you start with 2 segments on A3, and then add some 10-12,000 TK miles on top of that (depending on how many miles you get from the 2 A3 sectors), to get to silver. Then 4 A3 segments, and then another 20-24,000 TK miles.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
With 0 flights on A3, you need 24,000 Star Alliance miles to get to silver. So, when you have acquired 24,000 miles on TK, you're upgraded to silver. The counter is then reset to 0, except that the miles earned above 24,000 are rolled over, so if you e.g. have 25,300 miles, there's 1,300 miles which are rolled over for gold qualification.

You will then need 24,000 miles including 4 A3 flights to get to gold, so the suggested itinerary would not be enough.

It's better if you start with 2 segments on A3, and then add some 10-12,000 TK miles on top of that (depending on how many miles you get from the 2 A3 sectors), to get to silver. Then 4 A3 segments, and then another 20-24,000 TK miles.
\

If I understand it correctly - the first thing I need to do is fly 2 sectors on A3, then I can fly the TK flight for 38,000 and then fly 4 more sectors on A3 and I should be Gold (assuming all in the correct year)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.