Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by Neboxod
Morning everyone, nice to meet you all , looking to get Gold on Aegean

(I stole this requirement list from the Air Canada forum )

Departure Airport: Anywhere in UK, Ireland, can position elsewhere too.
Miles Needed (SQM): enough to qualify for gold - currently 0
Segments Needed (SQS): enough to qualify for gold
Dollars Needed (SQD): GBP? Unsure what to put here
Maximum Budget: £3k
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Aegean + codeshares, whatever the required combination to qualify
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Starting from scratch.

Please let me know if you need more info!

TIA

NX
1) Fly LHR/MAN-ATH-CDG in A3 with cheap OTA booking (€114) in Y (<1000 miles + 2 segments)
2) Fly CDG-YUL-PUJ-YUL-CDG in AC (€1200) in C (+/- 22000 miles - silver qualification)
3) Fly CDG-ATH in A3 (€220) in C (+/- 2873 miles)
5) Go home: Fly ATH-DUB/MAN/LHR in A3 (€200) in C (4453 miles)
6) Fly to Greece afterwards in RT DUB-ATH A3 in C (€460) (8906 miles)
Gold.
Neboxod likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
1) Fly LHR/MAN-ATH-CDG in A3 with cheap OTA booking (€114) in Y (<1000 miles + 2 segments)
2) Fly CDG-YUL-PUJ-YUL-CDG in AC (€1200) in C (+/- 22000 miles - silver qualification)
Gold.
You beauty!

Thank you
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Morning everyone, nice to meet you all , looking to get Gold on Aegean

(I stole this requirement list from the Air Canada forum )

Departure Airport: Anywhere in UK, Ireland, can position elsewhere too.
Miles Needed (SQM): enough to qualify for gold - currently 0
Segments Needed (SQS): enough to qualify for gold
Dollars Needed (SQD): GBP? Unsure what to put here
Maximum Budget: £3k
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Aegean + codeshares, whatever the required combination to qualify
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Starting from scratch.

Please let me know if you need more info!

TIA

NX
Alternatively you could buy a 10 x LHR-ATH pass and a 10 x ATH - Balkans pass - all in, including taxes for around €1,700.00 (based on 30 day in advance booking) - if travelled before 31st May 2023 you should qualify for reduced tier point requirements so if my understanding is correct you could qualify as follows:

To get to Silver:
LHR - ATH - SOF - ATH - OTP - ATH - LHR

Then to get to gold you have 6 sectors between Athens and Tirana/Belgrade/Sofia/Bucharest and 8 sectors between LHR - ATH to fly which would comfortably get you to gold if you don't mind doing a few mileage runs between London and Athens. The advantage to me in this is that the price is fixed and you are not searching for dates with specific fares.

I THINK the above is accurate but some of the more experienced A3ers may spot something wrong with my calculations.
Neboxod likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Alternatively you could buy a 10 x LHR-ATH pass and a 10 x ATH - Balkans pass - all in, including taxes for around €1,700.00 (based on 30 day in advance booking) - if travelled before 31st May 2023 you should qualify for reduced tier point requirements so if my understanding is correct you could qualify as follows:

To get to Silver:
LHR - ATH - SOF - ATH - OTP - ATH - LHR

Then to get to gold you have 6 sectors between Athens and Tirana/Belgrade/Sofia/Bucharest and 8 sectors between LHR - ATH to fly which would comfortably get you to gold if you don't mind doing a few mileage runs between London and Athens. The advantage to me in this is that the price is fixed and you are not searching for dates with specific fares.

I THINK the above is accurate but some of the more experienced A3ers may spot something wrong with my calculations.
This is also fabulous - thank you!

NX
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Gold.
At the risk of sounding dim

What does the "OTA" stand for in "OTA booking" please?

TIA!
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
What does the "OTA" stand for
Online Travel Agency such Booking Holdings, Expedia, or their multitude of subsidiary brands.
Neboxod likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Online Travel Agency such Booking Holdings, Expedia, or their multitude of subsidiary brands.
Thank you for clearing that up - that's what I thought after googling, but I just wasn't sure.

How would I add my FF number to a booking like Booking.com, Expedia etc? I thought I had to book direct with Aegean to add my FF number (although it seems A3 doesn't appear to have a multicity function on their site (??)).
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You can also do it on an OTA and certainly at check-in.
Neboxod likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
You can also do it on an OTA and certainly at check-in.
Thank you
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog View Post
Gold.

unusualtravelblog hi - I was looking at your examples however I don't see the price that you see for section (2) - where did you find this price please and what dates are you searching under?

TIA again

NX
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog View Post
Gold.

unusualtravelblog hi - I was looking at your examples however I don't see the price that you see for section (2) - where did you find this price please and what dates are you searching under?

TIA again

NX
Looks like it is drying up. Price €1.1K can be found on return with Austrian, but All AC metal is possible if you're willing to pay €1280 for it.
Eg: 15feb-22feb
Neboxod likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Miles expiration date, where to find it ?

Logged in my account on the website, and cannot find my miles expiration date, anyone has a clue ? Thank you 😊
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Logged in my account on the website, and cannot find my miles expiration date, anyone has a clue ? Thank you 😊
the reason is that aegean award miles do not expire .)
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by Tragedie_v_JZD
the reason is that aegean award miles do not expire .)
Ok thank you, i used to have an expiration date 2 or 3 years ago, that's why I was surprised.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Ok thank you, i used to have an expiration date 2 or 3 years ago, that's why I was surprised.
I dont remember expire date, at least the last 5 years.
giorginho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.