Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by DocStrangelove
Just tried , and unfortunately it's true...A3 is make it more difficult to retain staus by flying in paid biz class, this sudden new "business basic" really makes me angry!
Several people complain in the "new ATH lounge" about the easy way to achieve status, which leads to overcrowded lounges, now here comes a post complaining about Aegean making it difficult to retain that easily attained status. Conclusion: very difficult to satisfy everybody.

PS Added after reading about the thread on the new rules for status retention: I should change the last sentence of what I wrote previously to "impossible to satisfy eberybody"
DocStrangelove likes this.

Last edited by KLouis; Feb 1, 2023 at 7:51 pm
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by MixalisK.
Today I found out that TK doesn't show availability in Aegean website for award tickets, since last October. On the Phone Aegean agent told me that there is no availability with TK for February and March which is unusual.
Does anyone know why this happens?
I recently flew ATH-IST-KUL in C class with TK. I wanted to book it as an award but had the same problem - no online availability. I contacted them by social media (can't remember which one) and they said to book by phone and even the 20 Euro fee would be waved. In the end I saw that the taxes would be over 300 Euro so I just paid for the ticket and saved my miles. Their C prices start at around 1200 Euro anyway. At least that's requalification sorted for another year and I saved 73k miles including what I earned.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: LH FTL - A3 Gold -AFKL Gold - HH Gold - IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KLouis
Several people complain in the "new ATH lounge" about the easy way to achieve status, which leads to overcrowded lounges, now here comes a post complaining about Aegean making it difficult to retain that easily attained status. Conclusion: very difficult to satisfy everybody.

PS Added after reading about the thread on the new rules for status retention: I should change the last sentence of what I wrote previously to "impossible to satisfy eberybody"
Even if I’m the one complaining, I must agree with you, impossible to satisfy everybody 😂😂
And, I must say, my complain was for the unusual shift to more money for retain status overnight, but , coming from LH FFP, A3 still is paradise ! 😊
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:06 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
I booked a business class ticket from Doha-Athens-Santorini on Qatar Airways' website. The Athens-Santorini leg is on Aegean. How can I select a seat for that flight?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I recently flew ATH-IST-KUL in C class with TK. I wanted to book it as an award but had the same problem - no online availability. I contacted them by social media (can't remember which one) and they said to book by phone and even the 20 Euro fee would be waved. In the end I saw that the taxes would be over 300 Euro so I just paid for the ticket and saved my miles. Their C prices start at around 1200 Euro anyway. At least that's requalification sorted for another year and I saved 73k miles including what I earned.
TK answers to my mail instantly. It seems that there is no availability at all at Aegean site neither by phone.
I used to fly BC by paying 380 € taxes. Now I see alternative ATH-FRA-SiN-KUL. more flights, more expensive in miles and taxes 800€ plus very few open dates.
Saudia had great deals 850€ roundtrip but I see no flights outbound ATH. TK was a great connection chain from Europe to East Asia and the only extended carrier in the Star Alliance.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Chasing *G on A3 from scratch. I'd be planning my second flight on A3 metal on a Sunday which would bump me to Silver status. Any experience on how long it would take for the A3 flight to credit?

Would it be safe to book subsequent travel on the Wednesday in order for it to start counting towards Gold, or is that too risky?

TIA
My experience was, if the flight is in the morning, miles will be credited on next day at about 9 a.m. if in the afternoon, the day after tomorrow. On the next day after the miles were credit, the status will be changed, time about 3 or 4 a.m. You will also get an e email. All greek time...
RafKa and futuramadramallama like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Anyone have experiences with how long SK flights have been taking to credit? I'm aware some partner-crediting is on a weekly schedule, whereas some are surprisingly instant. And yet others have no rhyme or reason.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Anyone have experiences with how long SK flights have been taking to credit? I'm aware some partner-crediting is on a weekly schedule, whereas some are surprisingly instant. And yet others have no rhyme or reason.
last time it took max 2 days to get credited
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Chasing *G on A3 from scratch. I'd be planning my second flight on A3 metal on a Sunday which would bump me to Silver status. Any experience on how long it would take for the A3 flight to credit?

Would it be safe to book subsequent travel on the Wednesday in order for it to start counting towards Gold, or is that too risky?

TIA.
As far as I'm aware, leftover mileage from gaining Silver should still count towards Gold qualification, so it should not matter if the first flight doesn't post right away. Somebody else might comment if this is still the case as it's been a while since I did it and is obviously something most people only do once, so it might have changed.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:07 am

You are right. The leftover mileage still count, but the number of flights doesn't rollover.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Jaegersss
You are right. The leftover mileage still count, but the number of flights doesn't rollover.
Ah, fair enough. I didn't think of that.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:14 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I am looking flights between JTR and FCO in July one way for 4 people in Y. I got the following quotes for each person:

a) A3-A3 JTR-ATH-FCO €240 (best connection 40 mins) or €196 (7:05 layover at ATH), book at A3 website
b) A3-AZ JTR-ATH-FCO €159 (ok connection 2:50 at ATH), book at ITA Airways

if I book on option B, and show my SQ Gold card, do I still get *G benefits? Can I still earn SQ miles?

is A3 so much better than AZ that I should pay the extra * 4 people? Also how often does A3 have sales on their fares?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:57 am

Question: will I earn miles on M+B with a Edelweiss flight, purchased on swiss.com?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 4:34 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Does it have a regular Swiss flight number (eg LXxxx or LX1xxx)? In that case I'd expect yes. If the flight number is radically different (e.g. LX 8xxx) I'd expect no, as it is likely a codeshare or charter.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:16 am

I booked a ticket on Aegean through United using miles. How can I find out whether it's an Economy Lite or Economy Flex fare, to figure out my baggage allowance? The booking class shows as (X), but that's not listed in their chart of fare codes.

I booked a mixed cabin Business award through United, if that matters. The first leg is economy on Aegean metal, so it would suck a little if I lose out on all business perks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.