Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
If I understand it correctly - the first thing I need to do is fly 2 sectors on A3, then I can fly the TK flight for 38,000 and then fly 4 more sectors on A3 and I should be Gold (assuming all in the correct year)?
Exactly!
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Back again........apologies for all these questions. How do the years work with A3? I joined in March 2018, and I earned around 7,000 miles in April of the same year. So I assumed that my earning year would either be 12 months from the date of joining, or 12 months from the date of earning first miles. However, seeing my account it says to reach silver I have to earn 12,000 miles and 2 flights by 23/08/2020 - so does that mean that my qualifying year (as I have had no activity for more than a year) would start from whatever day I then earn my next mile? So for instance if I flew on 20 September 2019 that I would then have until 20 September 2020 to reach Silver? And then...lets say I collect my first mile on 20 September 2019 and reach silver on 15 January 2020, do I then have until the 20 September 2020 to reach gold (get 24,000 + 4 flights) or do I have until 15 January 2021 to earn the 24,000 and 4 flights?

Once again apologies for all these probably simple questions - I am so used to BAEC where it is all based around 1 set date every year.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:14 am

For the first qualification the year is rolling, i.e. you become silver if you met the qualification criteria in the previous 12 months.

​​​​​​Once you have status (silver), you have one year from the day you got to silver to requalify for silver and/or get to gold. sooThe Asday you get to gold then serves as the start of your requalification year. As you are gold and keep requalifying, everything is set in stone, i.e. the clock will always start ticking on the same day.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
For the first qualification the year is rolling, i.e. you become silver if you met the qualification criteria in the previous 12 months.

​​​​​​Once you have status (silver), you have one year from the day you got to silver to requalify for silver and/or get to gold. sooThe Asday you get to gold then serves as the start of your requalification year. As you are gold and keep requalifying, everything is set in stone, i.e. the clock will always start ticking on the same day.
Thank you so much for all your help - it is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: A3*G LH*G
Having a growing stockpile of the upgrade vouchers I decided to use them on my next A3 flight. Upon contacting the call line, I discovered that I booked not-upgradeable class tickets. So I have the option of upgrading the booking class first (for a moderate fee) and only then applying for a voucher seat upgrades. Is it possible to check upfront whether there are seat upgrades available on a given flight? Will the call center know that? (And be honest to me?) Otherwise the whole exercise does not have much sense, only cost.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by MichalB
Having a growing stockpile of the upgrade vouchers I decided to use them on my next A3 flight. Upon contacting the call line, I discovered that I booked not-upgradeable class tickets. So I have the option of upgrading the booking class first (for a moderate fee) and only then applying for a voucher seat upgrades. Is it possible to check upfront whether there are seat upgrades available on a given flight? Will the call center know that? (And be honest to me?) Otherwise the whole exercise does not have much sense, only cost.
Yes, they should be able to tell you that and I don't think they'd lie (although some agents are better than others so you might be best calling twice to avoid 'mistakes'). Alternatively you can check on line for redemption tickets on your dates. If a business class redemption is available on your flight then the upgrade SHOULD also be available, but I'm not 100% certain it actually works like that now, since the introduction of biddable paid upgrades. You're probably best calling.
MichalB likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:56 am

Yes, they can tell you.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Thanks!
Wasn't able to find that one. Since I'll be on MHJ-FRA seems like back then the odds of getting it credited were slim.
I'll wait and see. Worst case the miles will be credited to M&M. Added the segments since they made the flight considerably cheaper and not for the miles anyways.
The miles for the train ride just credited to my account. Took them 6 days and thus much longer than for the two flights that I took on the same day.

Interestingly (or not), it shows up as MHG-FRA instead of MHJ. But that's probably just what A3 uses as code for all of Mannheim I guess.

Anyway, I'm happy I got the additional 950 miles for this short 39 mile "flight"
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:00 am

MHJ is an airport in the Misraq Gashamo district in Ethiopia. If there were trains there (there is no train station in the district), this would have yielded thousands of miles. Although, with LH nobody knows (think P fares)
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:52 am

I know. But MHJ is also (technically) the IATA Code of Mannheim Main Station.
On the boardingpass it also says MHJ, that's why I pointed that out

Funny enough, when opening the bid upgrade for the booking, it says Misrak Gashamo.

Point remains, ExpressRail does give miles in M+B
fransknorge likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
United accrual question: I am a A3 Gold working on renewal. I've had a couple of UA domestic flights in class T and S both credit to my A3 with 100% Award and Tier Miles. The chart value says it should be 50%. Happy to see this, but is this happening to others? Do I worry about retraction (I really doubt it)?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:45 pm

I've never read anybody reporting here that such a mishap has happened to him/her, but that is by no means proof that your miles are safe. Only time will show...
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:14 am

The fact that UA flights in low booking classes are credited at 100% was mentioned earlier.
So far nobody who was that fortunate reported that any adjustments were made later so you should be fine
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The Aegean metal requirement, is it 2 for Silver, and then an additional 2 for Gold? Or 2 + 4?

Do you have to qualify for Silver before the additional metal requirement for Gold is counted, or can it be done all at once?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:12 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It is 2 and 4. Once you reached Silver all counter resets to 0, including the chronometer. You must qualify for Silver before starting to qualify for Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.