Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:28 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Yes SKG needs a re-clear of security for a connection DOM--> INT or INT--> DOM.
I also had to re-clear security at a DOM-->Schengen connection at ATH last time I did this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Yes SKG needs a re-clear of security for a connection DOM--> INT or INT--> DOM.
I also had to re-clear security at a DOM-->Schengen connection at ATH last time I did this.
SKG: DOM (Schengen) -> DOM (Schengen) as well.
ATH: Unless one deplanes at one of the low-numbered gates, there's no security for DOM (Schengen) -> DOM (Schengen).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:31 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Thanks for the answers. Happy New Year to everyone!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:44 am

Could anyone advise how quickly Miles are usually re-credited to frequent flyer accounts after a miles redemption flight is cancelled via the call centre?

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:09 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Advance Seat Assignments

Hello! I will be taking my first flight on Aegean next month and can't figure out how to purchase a seat assignment in advance. My ticket was purchased through United and I have connecting flights from the EU to and from Athens on A3. I have tried A3's website and although my flights show, I can't find the option to purchase a seat assignment. Maybe I'm overlooking something or maybe I can't purchase a seat on line since I didn't purchase the ticket from A3.

Pat
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Hello! I will be taking my first flight on Aegean next month and can't figure out how to purchase a seat assignment in advance. My ticket was purchased through United and I have connecting flights from the EU to and from Athens on A3. I have tried A3's website and although my flights show, I can't find the option to purchase a seat assignment. Maybe I'm overlooking something or maybe I can't purchase a seat on line since I didn't purchase the ticket from A3.

Pat
It should be shown below the passenger details column. My guess is that if it's not there, you correctly assumed because it's not on A3 stock. Perhaps you could call up and find out. Let us know how you get on!

Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:50 am

Quick and easy question: Do I understand correctly that a A3*G gets a free checked bag also on a Go Light fare? Looking at AMS-ATH-RHO.

Thank you!

Last edited by malmostoso; Jan 20, 2019 at 1:16 am
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Quick and easy question: Do I understand correctly that a A3*G gets a free checked bag also on a Go Light fare? Looking at AMS-ATH-RHO.

Thank you!
Absolutely, positively: Yes!
malmostoso likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:21 am

Has A3/OA stopped flying to PVK? I can't find a post in this forum but also I can't find flights (end of may).

Thank you again
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:48 am

This year they'll fly ATH-PVK from 13 June till 12 October only. Sky Express flies there via CFU (not daily, though) but for a price of about 350 € (return).
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
This year they'll fly ATH-PVK from 13 June till 12 October only.
Thank you, very seasonal then.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:36 pm

Does the the Aegean lounge in ATH serve TK business passengers
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:29 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Yes ?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:25 am

Do economy tickets upgraded to business using a gold voucher count towards status (or even earn miles)?
The 1 (of 4) flights I upgraded on an itinerary hasn't tracked in my account, and my manual miles claim got rejected "95-Your request has been rejected.".
thanks
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:46 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Yes they do count towards status and earn miles.
Send an email to CS, they will correct it.
tazxxx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.