Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: Skywards - Silver, *Alliance - Gold | GC - Diamond
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Not sure *A would be THE best choice for you, considering you're almost G with SkyWards and fly (I assume) most of your longest trips between MEL and KUL? EK seems to be a nice choice since it flies direct.
Yes, it is most the preferred provider.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:25 am

Now that I think of it, by flying mostly in C, don't you get lounge accesses anyway?
Not other than Emirates.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Well, in your part of the world, the benefit M&B *G ... lounge access is then "invaluable".
Quite!

Cheers ツ
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:06 am

Miles & Bonus is, indeed, purely an option simply to be an adjunct to our Elite Skyways and be useful for Lounge access when we are in a reciprocating airport.

@ intuition:
Originally Posted by intuition
Well, in your part of the world, the benefit of M&B *G would be if you fly NZ, especially extensively domestic NZ in "grab a seat" and alike. Then lounge access is then "invaluable".
If you just do the MEL-AKL-... as your first jump out, and especially if you do it in C, then *G would not be of great benefit to you.
How odd: that you seem to believe that we, who reside antipodeanally, need to take your advice...

Cheers ツ
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Now that I think of it, by flying mostly in C, don't you get lounge accesses anyway?
Yes, but sometimes the lounges are different. For example, any LH C ticket gets you into their business class lounges (perhaps not partner lounges), but not into their better SEN lounges, which you can enter as a *Gold when flying *A. OTOH, in SIN, the SQ business class lounge is better than the *A *Gold lounges at that airport. Note also that USA domestic flights in FC do not give lounge access (with a few exceptions for certain special transcontinental flights), but a *Gold card NOT FROM UA or US does.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe3079
Miles & Bonus is, indeed, purely an option simply to be an adjunct to our Elite Skyways and be useful for Lounge access when we are in a reciprocating airport.

@ intuition:

How odd: that you seem to believe that we, who reside antipodeanally, need to take your advice...

Cheers ツ
Note that the *Gold A3 card will only give you lounge access when you are flying a *A carrier.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:12 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Note that the *Gold A3 card will only give you lounge access when you are flying a *A carrier.
^

That's why, all in all, I don't think it's a good option for you... However, those 20K are so easily achievable that, once you reach your Gold status on EK, it never hurts to have another Gold level with another alliance.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Flew 4600 miles last month on UA/US, put in the wrong FF (for UA redemption) number so I didn't get miles. Contacted them (UA) but haven't had the miles applied...so if they dont...maybe I could get the miles credited to A3 and instant Blue status? I could get another 15k miles in and be set for at least 3 years of *A service...correct?

I don't know if that's how it works or not, but im going to contact US Airways and ask if I can get the mileage credited to A3.

EDIT: On Aegean's site, I just entered my flight info for retro-active credit. Hopefully there's not an issue since there was FF number printed on my boarding passes, albeit it was incorrectly entered (I put UAxxxxx and not UJxxxxx) (thought it was UA, and it made sense)

Last edited by BThumme; May 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm
Old May 4, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by BThumme
I don't know if that's how it works or not, but im going to contact US Airways and ask if I can get the mileage credited to A3.

EDIT: On Aegean's site, I just entered my flight info for retro-active credit. Hopefully there's not an issue since there was FF number printed on my boarding passes, albeit it was incorrectly entered (I put UAxxxxx and not UJxxxxx) (thought it was UA, and it made sense)
I never heard the situation when FFP owner accepts retro-credit if there is another FFP number printed on boarding passes. For the retro-credit either A3 number shall be printed on BP or nothing.
AX
Old May 4, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Indeed it's complicated and I doubt it will work. But his chance is if UJ doesn't exist at all so he can claim the agent that typed it did a mistake.
Old May 5, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: Bionic Program and all other
Can it be done in one shot?

Hi. I was wondering if I register and then fly for 1 round trip 20K miles would i automatically get Gold???
Old May 5, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bionicrunner
Hi. I was wondering if I register and then fly for 1 round trip 20K miles would i automatically get Gold???
19,000 in fact : when you enroll, you get 1,000 free miles. So yes, it's easily done in one r/t.
Old May 5, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: Bionic Program and all other
Originally Posted by Richelieu
19,000 in fact : when you enroll, you get 1,000 free miles. So yes, it's easily done in one r/t.
Thanks. I am going to SIN from NYC and its about 20K miles round trip so I figured why not.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
Originally Posted by bionicrunner
Thanks. I am going to SIN from NYC and its about 20K miles round trip so I figured why not.
Hi.......What airline are you flying that gives you 100% miles ?

Thanks

soarer
Old May 9, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA
Adding some notes on crediting US flights to A3:

- Based on April and May 2012 travel, it takes about 4 days for US to post to A3
- US Airways operated by Republic (US Express) will still post as US. Only actual mileage posts, in line with published earning table. (Yes, I know UA is better for short-haul on A3...)

Just had miles post today, so waiting 24 hr for A3 to turn over and award *S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.