Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by VanquishShadow
is there any requirement to fly on Aegean metal to qualify for Blue or Gold? If I just fly entirely on *A flights but not Aegean, will I still qualify?
No there is no A3 flight requirement. So yes, you will qualify.

Last edited by duvin; Mar 19, 2012 at 1:01 am Reason: Enhanced
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It depends on the fare class. The Aegean website gives a bunch of tables of earnings on various *A carriers by fare class.
Many thanks. Found this and I guess I will be working with it from now
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Is all the action on this thread because people are rethinking their loyalty to CO/UA and want to get *G status some other way then flying CO/UA?

Thats what brought me over here to take a look.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:49 pm

that's my reason too

current 2P... I will lose my 2P for 2013 but if I can indeed get *G thru A3 I get better checked bags than with 2P... only drawbacks are having my miles accruing to different programs (don't know how good Aegean's redemption is) and not being eligible for UDU (which are probably next to impossible post-merger)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by VanquishShadow
is there any requirement to fly on Aegean metal to qualify for Blue or Gold? If I just fly entirely on *A flights but not Aegean, will I still qualify?
No and yes.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noticed that the LH table was recently updated on 15 March.

No mention of P class there but interesting to see Z still considered full fare business given today's announcements.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Newbie question on codeshare and miles

Hi,
Just to be sure, if booked on a codeshare flight with *A carriers, on which table are based the calculations for points conversion?
example: I'm booked in J on an LX flight operated by SQ (so LX flight on my etix). Will A3 use the SQ table to know how many miles to put in my account?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hugolover

No mention of P class there but interesting to see Z still considered full fare business given today's announcements.
Indeed - I hadn't heard about these M&M changes until seeing your post, but after a quick look in the M&M forum I see what you mean now! Here's hoping Z still keeps crediting to these levels with A3 - I'm booked on LX in October and would like to still get 200% earning! (although even with 125% I'd just scrape A3*G, but would be nice to be certain!)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hugolover

Interesting table. Looking at UA, Booking Class K only earns 50%. Although on the UAL.COM webpage that class shows 100% qualifying miles.

I am with AP and have current Elite status. I have a flight coming up in May with UA (Booking Class K). YYZ-SFO-NRT-BKK (Yes, it's a long way but this will supposedly get me over 20,000 status miles plus my 50% Elite bonus and it was a good price.)

I have been thinking of switching numbers, as I joined A3 today, and this should get me Gold status (if I am reading the posts here correctly) but if the table is correct and I only get 50% (10,000 miles) with UA. Don't think I want to do this.

<sigh>

Does anyone have experience on UA with A3 FFP number?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To find the miles you will earn in the A3 program, you need to look at the tables on the A3 website. Whether UA gives more or fewer miles to participants in the UA FF program is irrelevant to A3.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Hi,
Just to be sure, if booked on a codeshare flight with *A carriers, on which table are based the calculations for points conversion?
example: I'm booked in J on an LX flight operated by SQ (so LX flight on my etix). Will A3 use the SQ table to know how many miles to put in my account?
The SQ table. Note that the fare code you've got on your e-ticket may be mapped to another fare code of the operating carrier.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To find the miles you will earn in the A3 program, you need to look at the tables on the A3 website. Whether UA gives more or fewer miles to participants in the UA FF program is irrelevant to A3.
Thanks for the info. I was afraid of this. According to the table, the UA flight class has only a 50% accural. So I would be out of luck on getting Gold with the one flight. (Now, maybe, if I plan a mileage run.....)
Old Mar 24, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: A3*G, AB*S. TK*G, AB, Hyatt Platinum
Smile Getting most out of A3 Mileage Accruals

I would like to point out that if you fly mainly discount economy on US * carriers, (UA & US) and you are with A3 Miles&More, it's better to credit short-haul UA and long-haul US flights to your account since many UA discount economy booking classes offer only 50% accruals, with 500 min, and US booking classes are 100% accruals, with no min. However, long-haul UA Business (200%)/First (300%) are MUCH better than US Business (150%)/First (150%)
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mimimin
I would like to point out that if you fly mainly discount economy on US * carriers, (UA & US) and you are with A3 Miles&More, it's better to credit short-haul UA and long-haul US flights to your account since many UA discount economy booking classes offer only 50% accruals, with 500 min, and US booking classes are 100% accruals, with no min. However, long-haul UA Business (200%)/First (300%) are MUCH better than US Business (150%)/First (150%)
Good summary.
This has been, more or less, how I have been playing it too.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
So I was just looking at some of these bargain business class fares from DFW-PVG on UA, and they book into P class. I don't see P on Aegean's United chart. Surely it can't be that these fares earn no miles at all, could it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.