Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:20 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, 24 + 12 months for a basic member. For a Blue or Gold, it will be 36 + 12 months. So months 25-36 are the locked period for a basic, and months 37-48 is the locked period for Blue/Gold.
So an account (and all points) will get deleted after 36 resp 48 months of inactivity.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by intuition
Yes, 24 + 12 months for a basic member. For a Blue or Gold, it will be 36 + 12 months. So months 25-36 are the locked period for a basic, and months 37-48 is the locked period for Blue/Gold.
So an account (and all points) will get deleted after 36 resp 48 months of inactivity.
No, the account will be deleted after 36 months if there has been no activity during the first 24 months and this was not corrected by a retrocredit by the end of month 36.

Are you sure there's an exception and an additional 12 months for elite accounts? I didn't read it that way. Has there been a change?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
T&C chapter 1, point 10
If a Blue or Gold Member has not flown for at least once within a period of thirty six (36) months from the date of his/her last registered and Account-validated flight, then his/her Card and Account will be automatically inactivated and cannot be used for any purpose (mileage accrual or redemption) for a period of 12 months. During this period the Member may retroactively claim a flight he/she had made within the previous year so that to have his/her Card and Account reactivated. Otherwise, as soon as the 12-month period expires, the Card and the Account will be irrevocably canceled.
So they cannot put the account into inactive state until the 36 months have passed. The wording is "then" indicates the following 12 months are the locked period IMO.

It might have been changed recently, I don't remember it to have been this clearly stated before.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by intuition
T&C chapter 1, point 10

So they cannot put the account into inactive state until the 36 months have passed. The wording is "then" indicates the following 12 months are the locked period IMO.

It might have been changed recently, I don't remember it to have been this clearly stated before.
Yeah, this is different from what I remember, but I probably looked closely at the rules last August and gave them a more cursory glance around December.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: UA, DL, A3
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Status does only upgrade every few days.
Will status be updated when flight miles are credited?

My recent flight was credited and tier mile > 20,000, but my status is still Blue. Do I need to wait a few days until they upgrade my status?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by sakura

My recent flight was credited and tier mile > 20,000, but my status is still Blue. Do I need to wait a few days until they upgrade my status?
Yes, exactly. Usually it should show "Card Upgrade" in your account.

I just checked when it happened for me, once was 3 days after the flight got credited (Gold), the other time it was 2 days after (Blue) - so expect it to take a few days..
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
I am not yet a member...but I am thinking about it. I noticed Aegean does not allow any miles to be earned for P class on United (First Class). It seems like it could be a bit of an oversight, as deep discount fares do indeed earn. Someone mentioned that they emailed US Airways, because it wasn't on their chart, and US Air fixed and added it to their earn chart (as apparently this used to be an award class).

Last edited by erasmus99; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:08 am
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by sakura

A3 seems to run sweeps to upgrade status, not do it continuously as miles post. Be patient. It will happen soon.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: UA, DL, A3
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A3 seems to run sweeps to upgrade status, not do it continuously as miles post. Be patient. It will happen soon.
Thanks. I got it.
My status just changed to Gold!
As you pointed out, A3 seems to upgrade status on periodic basis, not on-demand when miles are credited.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus *G- BAEC Silver: VAFC Silver:
Obtaining *G

Hi,
Is this a correct assumption, if I was to use Swiss LHR>ZRH>HKG>ZRH>LHR in J as follows

LHR>ZRH - J CLASS = 1000 Oct 12

ZRH>HKG - J CLASS = 11534 Oct 12

HKG>ZRH - J CLASS = 11534 NOV 12

ZRH>LHR - J CLASS = 1000 NOV 12

Would this qualify for *G with Aegean, what is the success rate when it comes to posting miles and tier with Aegean.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, lost BMI *G
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lfccjc1
Thanks in advance for any feedback, lost BMI *G
Do you mean you failed to requalify for it or are you referring to the *A benefits now having disappeared? If it's just the latter then A3 are offering a status match for BD*G members...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:58 pm

Oh really, I didn't know!! I have Diamond Club G but prefer *A to oneworld I was just looking at which FF programme I could use in place of DC.

How would I go about getting a status match with Aegean, I presume by contacting them of course but do you know of any link

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Oh really, I didn't know!! I have Diamond Club G but prefer *A to oneworld I was just looking at which FF programme I could use in place of DC.

How would I go about getting a status match with Aegean, I presume by contacting them of course but do you know of any link

Thanks
See the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...s-matches.html thread - just sign up for a Miles & Bonus account then send a screenshot/PDF of your bmi account showing Gold status to [email protected] along with your M&B number - some have sent a scan of their card too. They seem to be processing them quickly now so let us know how you get on .
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:07 pm

Thanks I'll try it and let you know
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:27 am

...what is the success rate when it comes to posting miles and tier with Aegean...
As for the LX miles, I've never had any problems, although posting may take a while. I've had cases of 2 days and some of 10. Right now I'm waiting for two flights to post that I took last weekend. By M&B number was on the BCs, as they are on today's and tomorrow's flights with LX, so I don't expect any problems, other than waiting for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.