Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Difficulty entering M&B membership number with partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, SK *S, BA

Just recently switched to A3 after being SK *G for many years. However flying both SK and LX the last two days neither of these *A partners could enter my A3 frequent flyer number using the printed out card from the A3 website. The system denied it.

I've tried both the online checkin and having agents trying it in Zurich.

Anyone have similar experiences and know what to do? I've contacted A3 by email but still haven't received any reply.

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by Bootz
I've tried both the online checkin and having agents trying it in Zurich.
I haven't been able to enter it at the LX online checkin (most recently tried mid-February), but it was successfully entered from the printed out card twice by the agents at the baggage drop desk at ZRH.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I very recently had to tell the LX agent at the C checkin in ZRH what's the Shortcut of Aegean (A3) to enter my number into the system.

They're probably the most unknown airline in *A...
Oh, yes that's normal.

It is completely expected to have to tell the agent that Aegean is A3.
That's a given.
I usually have to do it on every trip I take.
Expecting an agent to know that Aegean is A3 is asking more than their job description

However, once A3 is inputed properly into the reservation, the miles get invariably credited on the carriers which I listed.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:45 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Does anyone still have problems booking or checking-in on other *A airlines using A3 M&B number?

I see here and there that a lot of airlines or check-in desks that don't even know A3 was part of *A. But since it's been a while now that they joined, I figured all their systems have been updated accordingly?

Any recent stories to share?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Does anyone still have problems booking or checking-in on other *A airlines using A3 M&B number?

I see here and there that a lot of airlines or check-in desks that don't even know A3 was part of *A. But since it's been a while now that they joined, I figured all their systems have been updated accordingly?

Any recent stories to share?
I recently flew Bmi, LH and Turkish. The first two allowed me to input my M&B number, TK didn't. Miles from TK, though, showed up after 3 days (), LH-miles after about 10 days while I'm still waiting for the Bmi ones to register. Go figure...
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Checked in with AC at LGA last week.

Me: Let me give you my Aegean number for miles credit.
Air Canada Ticket Agent: What's Aegean?
Me: A Greek airline.
TA: Oh, we give miles on AC, UA, us, co, lh and a few others.
Me: Aegean is one of the few others.
TA: Sir, I've never heard of them.
Me: Let me give you my number and let's see if it takes. [I read the number from my Blackberry.]
TA: [Unnatural pause.]
Me: The IATA code is A3.
TA: Thanks. Lets see if it takes.
TA: Wow. It even thinks you're an elite.

I took my boarding pass and was on my way.

Similar challenges checking in for a CA flight (departing PEK), but I attribute that first to language, though I suspect if that ticket agent understood me, he would have also disputed their *A participation.

I will have the A3 gold card after one more *A flight and will start actually carrying the card for easy lounge access.

I kind of look forward to the funny reactions to trying to get my points credited to A3 now.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Anybody encoutering problems with mileage credit at check-in with A3 Miles&Bonus should just take a United Airlines Ticket Pouch with him/her and show them, that A3 is a Star Alliance member and partner of UAL :-)

<Picture>

By the way, on the UAL internet site, its even possible to add the A3 FQTV number to your booking!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by KLouis
In 8 out of 8 TK flights I had no problems getting credit within a few days. I checked-in in ATH and ORD...
My A3 membership number was rejected by TKs system as 'invalid'. Not sure if it meant the newly created A3 member data hadn't yet been replicated to other *A partners or what the issue was. TK were surprised too.

Will now do retro mileage claims and hope it doesn't take several months. A few weeks will be fine though.

Thanks ...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 7:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by demue
My A3 membership number was rejected by TKs system as 'invalid'. Not sure if it meant the newly created A3 member data hadn't yet been replicated to other *A partners or what the issue was. TK were surprised too.

Will now do retro mileage claims and hope it doesn't take several months. A few weeks will be fine though.

Thanks ...
I had a similar experience just a few days ago. The very strange thing is that web check in lists Aegean A3 as one of the accepted FF programs, and the check in also accepts the number. But it is not printed on the boarding pass, and the TK check in operators at the airport could not add the A3 number either.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
brussels airlines not accepting A3 number

Hi all, wondering if anyone else had experienced the below.

I'm a newly qualified a3 *g so my card hasn't arrived yet. On a flight MAN-BRU this morning the brussels airlines checkin system flatly refused to accept my m&B ff number saying that it was "not accepted on this carrier". The flight was booked throug bmi by my office and the bmi system had no problems taking the number. The nice lady at the lounge let me in based on my account printout but i now forsee immense fun and games to get the mileage credited.

Anyone else experienced similar ?

Jake
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jacksong
Hi all, wondering if anyone else had experienced the below.

I'm a newly qualified a3 *g so my card hasn't arrived yet. On a flight MAN-BRU this morning the brussels airlines checkin system flatly refused to accept my m&B ff number saying that it was "not accepted on this carrier". The flight was booked throug bmi by my office and the bmi system had no problems taking the number. The nice lady at the lounge let me in based on my account printout but i now forsee immense fun and games to get the mileage credited.

Anyone else experienced similar ?

Jake
Yes. This happened to me once. The error went away a couple days later...

Flight credited, no problem.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:41 am

A3 blue card with CA, TG, OZ, TK

show my A3 blue card (*S) at the counter
none of them can deal with this card, but once I told them the code of Aegean is A3, the process is smooth and all my boarding passes have A3*S printed.

Now I am waiting for my gold card. I turned to Gold 9th Jan, based in Europe.
Let's see how long it will take for Greeks
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
I have had to give the A3 code to NZ, SQ and OS recently.

I guess maybe *A needs to organise member carriers to better brief their staff on newer members of the alliance. Alternatively, how about prefixing the numbers on all the cards with the two-character airline code, since it appears to need to be typed in along with the membership number.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by Jacksong
On a flight MAN-BRU this morning the brussels airlines checkin system flatly refused to accept my m&B ff number saying that it was "not accepted on this carrier".
I have experienced this numerous times, most recently in December when flying LX as a UA codeshare. I was not able to enter my A3 number at OLCI, neither at the counter for the LX flights. The problem was not that I or the airport staff did not know the "A3" code. For UA legs operated by UA on the same ticket, A3*G appeared on the boarding passes. The miles from the LX flights credited automatically which I found strange.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:30 am

Entering my A3 number always worked. Sometimes (alright, MOST times) I had to tell them A3, to do so, but then it mostly worked. Only a few (apparently rather "smart") agents couldn't do so, then I simply did retrocredit, which always worked.

Lounge access, on the other hand, is much more difficult. I hit A3 *G early this month, had couple flights, with the lounge ladies in ZRH letting me in twice, and the dragons in FRA+MUC with their typical german friendliness (or better said, the contrary off) simply telling me to get lost.. had to grab my FTL card to at least be able to access the C lounges there, as apparently in Germany it's "No Real card, no access" - no matter if you've a statement which clearly shows that you should have access. At least I'm hitting SEN now too, hopefully that card arrives quicker..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.