Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Difficulty entering M&B membership number with partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difficulty entering M&B membership number with partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
just to share my experience.

SQ flight took 2-3 Greece working days to post
TG flight took 3-5 Greece working days to post

6 return sector with SQ and 1 with TG for the past 6 months

Hope the above answer OP questions.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by jsfr
I thought that, but it is defintely "A3" space "3xxxxxxxx".

I guess a mileage claim is relatively inevitable...
I had the A3-3XXX issue too. Like I mentioned earlier it happened on 3 of 4 boarding passes. On the outbound, the CO pass had it correct but the UA one didn't and they were unable to change it. None of the miles have posted.

On inbound, same error. In both cases I changed it retroactively(once online, once through CSA at ORD). Both worked - miles posted within 96 hours (as is the trend). Going to put in clad for outbound today. Oddly enough, it's CO who ve failed to communicate, despite getting the number right.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
A3 number not accepted on LX

Bad start to my Aegean career - Swiss couldn't put my A3 number onto my booking on an OS ticket (LX metal) ZRH-VIE on Saturday. Tried on the check-in app (no A3 listed), then via online check-in, then at the check-in machine at the airport, then at the check-in desk and finally at the airport ticket counter. The humans involved told me I'd have to file a retroclaim. A3 site won't accept the retroclaim yet as their server says 2 days must first elapse.

Hoping my next leg will be smoother, VIE-FRA on OS on Wednesday morning.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
In my experience can never get A3 number into LX bookings. Always have to retroclaim. Never a problem getting the credit to the account but it does take a month or so
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
TK app also doesnt accept A3 number...
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:58 am

Thumbs down A3 - difficult to deal with

I think star alliance should know how difficult dealing with A3 is. TG and LX don't accept miles. A3 NEVER RESPONDS to retro requests - I have processed 5 since January. They don't respond to emails either.

Anyone have an idea of how to put pressure on them? They are not good.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:51 am

I've put my A3 number onto LX flights with no issue and had *G show on my boarding passes.

However I haven't received any miles from those flights...I'm waiting on 2 flights from February and 2 flights from March. Both in a mileage earning class.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:52 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hegira
I think star alliance should know how difficult dealing with A3 is. TG and LX don't accept miles. A3 NEVER RESPONDS to retro requests - I have processed 5 since January. They don't respond to emails either.
Well, YMMV but the only time I've submitted a retro-claim the miles appeared in my account within the timeframe indicated on the A3 website. As a Lifetime Plat, you know how difficult it is to get a straight answer out of Flying Blue so A3 surely can't be more difficult, can they?

From the greater experience of others on this forum, a phone call to check on the status of your retro-claim seems to be the way to go. In my experience, Greek people are normally extremely helpful and welcoming, and I'm sure a polite enquiry will get you a long way.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Gianrico (the Swiss Lurker on FT) was able to help me out with getting my A3 number into an LX booking manually. We then realised though that the 'Captain Kirk' chairs in LX business were only available to *G customers so he put my BD*G in to get seat selection and said to change it at check-in - will definitely be doing that but sounds like as a backup I'll need to get them to just wipe all reference to BD from the booking if they can't add A3 manually.

Out of interest though, EFATO - did you specifically tell them to use A3 as the code or did you just say "Aegean Airlines"? When speaking to them on the phone it was only when I said A3 that they seemed to be able to find it on their system...
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Out of interest though, EFATO - did you specifically tell them to use A3 as the code or did you just say "Aegean Airlines"? When speaking to them on the phone it was only when I said A3 that they seemed to be able to find it on their system...
yup - had it written on a piece of paper with A3 prefixed. They were able to pull up the airline but when they entered the number they got an invalid message. Same on the check-in kiosk. Referenced the signup email to check the number was correct of course.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ah, OK - that's annoying! I'm not travelling until October so fingers-crossed the system might be working properly by then! (although I'm a bit worried in case A3 change their *G requirement by then too, but hopefully not!)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by GavB
In my experience can never get A3 number into LX bookings. Always have to retroclaim. Never a problem getting the credit to the account but it does take a month or so
My experience is they accept the A3 number (and showing status later) when you do the booking on swiss.com and giving them the number right during the booking process. Any time later, it won't work till you're hitting up their counters on flight day. So it's either now, or flight day
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:24 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not tried LX but SQ and TG have no problem accepting A3 as a carrier and the FFP number during OLCI. Flights posted withing 3-5 days for both airlines. even though I only have a Blue (*S) card from A3 at the moment the SQ BP showed A3*G correctly and I was even allowed to access the lounge in CGK with BP only. (I had LH*G & BD*G as a backup, but not needed in this case)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by hegira
I think star alliance should know how difficult dealing with A3 is. TG and LX don't accept miles.
Simply not true. I flew LX yesterday and they had no problem with my M&B number
A3 NEVER RESPONDS to retro requests - I have processed 5 since January. They don't respond to emails either.
With one exception, they always fixed my "problems", once several months later, but still they did.

Anyone have an idea of how to put pressure on them?
If you find a way to put "pressure" on a FF programme, let us all know!
They are not good.
De gustibus et coloribus no disputandum est. But have you thought of the possibility that there may be a reason behind the difficulties with the number input that should be due to the "other" airlines?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Gianrico (the Swiss Lurker on FT) was able to help me out with getting my A3 number into an LX booking manually. We then realised though that the 'Captain Kirk' chairs in LX business were only available to *G customers so he put my BD*G in to get seat selection and said to change it at check-in - will definitely be doing that but sounds like as a backup I'll need to get them to just wipe all reference to BD from the booking if they can't add A3 manually.

I simply don't understand why Aegean Airlines is to be blamed if a given airline's agents don't understand the name but only the code, or if the airline's system does not recognize the status on a partner's program, or if one has to have good connections to another airline to do things that with most other *A partners are simple routine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.