FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty entering M&B membership number with partner airlines
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:01 am
KLouis

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Gianrico (the Swiss Lurker on FT) was able to help me out with getting my A3 number into an LX booking manually. We then realised though that the 'Captain Kirk' chairs in LX business were only available to *G customers so he put my BD*G in to get seat selection and said to change it at check-in - will definitely be doing that but sounds like as a backup I'll need to get them to just wipe all reference to BD from the booking if they can't add A3 manually.

Out of interest though, EFATO - did you specifically tell them to use A3 as the code or did you just say "Aegean Airlines"? When speaking to them on the phone it was only when I said A3 that they seemed to be able to find it on their system...
I simply don't understand why Aegean Airlines is to be blamed if a given airline's agents don't understand the name but only the code, or if the airline's system does not recognize the status on a partner's program, or if one has to have good connections to another airline to do things that with most other *A partners are simple routine.