Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean Airlines Miles & Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and more Senator, Matmid Silver, AAdvantage GLD, Starwood
I just signed up because I read that you can get star alliance silver with 3000and gold with 16000!
Does that make sense?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:41 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by yyzzrh
I just signed up because I read that you can get star alliance silver with 3000and gold with 16000!
Does that make sense?
For passengers it definitely makes sense - the lowest qualification criteria EVER!

I am not sure if it makes sense for *A as soon my grandma, her neighbor and their postman and milkman will soon all be *A Golds
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and more Senator, Matmid Silver, AAdvantage GLD, Starwood
I've requested milage credit for C Class on SWISS, on my Aegean account but was so far ignored.
What should i do?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It is still unclear for me if the minimal earnings (Ie 500 miles for flying Swiss) are per segment (So minimum of 4 * 500 miles for a AMS-ZRH-ATh-ZRH-AMS itinerary)...or if they are per roundtrip.

Especially when doing many short flights within europe, this might or might not make the program valuable at ~40 segments...

Can somebody enlighten me?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:47 am

Minimal earnings are "theoretical". A list of booking fares that earn zero miles/points is always to be found at the bottom of each partner airline. As for the non-theoretical question, my experience so far says that miles are per segment, thus, in your example you would get a minimum of 2000 miles.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks KLous!

I am seriously starting to consider switching from Skyteam to *A and fly with LH and A3 to Athens. Maybe you have noticed (Do you fly KL?) that KLM has updated the flight times for the AMS-ATH route starting 27/3/11. The morning flight now leaves at noon from AMS; which is too late if you wanna travel down to the south of Greece that same day.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks KLous!

I am seriously starting to consider switching from Skyteam to *A and fly with LH and A3 to Athens. Maybe you have noticed (Do you fly KL?) that KLM has updated the flight times for the AMS-ATH route starting 27/3/11. The morning flight now leaves at noon from AMS; which is too late if you wanna travel down to the south of Greece that same day.
Well, I quit Skyteam (FB) having been PE for 7 years when they changed their rules, and went into heavy *A usage due to A3 joining them; I now only burn my FB miles as a SE! I do have a better (larger) choice now, though, and *A-gold (with A3) is really smart: I was told at the lounges in both SFO and HNL last month that they had never seen the A3 card: they were amazed that there was no validity date on it!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: SK Gold, IHG Gold, Carlson Club Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Well, I quit Skyteam (FB) having been PE for 7 years when they changed their rules, and went into heavy *A usage due to A3 joining them; I now only burn my FB miles as a SE! I do have a better (larger) choice now, though, and *A-gold (with A3) is really smart: I was told at the lounges in both SFO and HNL last month that they had never seen the A3 card: they were amazed that there was no validity date on it!
KLouis, how long did it take for you to get the card once you have reached Gold?

Do you get any tags for your bags as you get on TG Gold for example?
I just got *G on A3 after a CPH-FRA-BOM-MUC-CPH with LH in C... and a CPH-BKK-HKT-BKK-CPH in Y.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Skrabban
KLouis, how long did it take for you to get the card once you have reached Gold?
I don't remember exactly, but it certainly was several weeks.
Do you get any tags for your bags as you get on TG Gold for example?
I just got *G on A3 after a CPH-FRA-BOM-MUC-CPH with LH in C... and a CPH-BKK-HKT-BKK-CPH in Y.
Didn't get any back then but got one (1) after A3 joined *A and a new card was issued.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:01 am

Are there really no minimum miles on Miles&Bonus flying on USAirways (would give 91 miles from LGA-PHL)?

Btw: Where can I check the booking class of a blue1 flight (that I have not booked yet)?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by impii
Are there really no minimum miles on Miles&Bonus flying on USAirways (would give 91 miles from LGA-PHL)?

Btw: Where can I check the booking class of a blue1 flight (that I have not booked yet)?
Indeed, there are no minimum miles for US Airways regardless of booking class.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:11 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Dumb question. If I flew msp-ord in F on United would I get just 1500 miles or would I get 4500 miles (1500 x 300%)?

Also do United miles post right away?

Thanks,
Delta747
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Delta747
Dumb question. If I flew msp-ord in F on United would I get just 1500 miles or would I get 4500 miles (1500 x 300%)?

Also do United miles post right away?

Thanks,
Delta747
Considering MSP-ORD is less than 500 miles, you would just get the minimum 1500 miles. Based on experience (LH, LX, US) it takes approx 72 hours for miles to post to A3.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
I guess the easy qualification *G status with their FFP costed them quite a bit, with lounge access entries costing ~US$50 per pax.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
I guess the easy qualification *G status with their FFP costed them quite a bit, with lounge access entries costing ~US$50 per pax.
I'm not completely sure about that; consider that lounge entry fee is different for partner/member airlines and there are discounts applied to smaller members or newcomers. 50USD seems really too high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.