Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre

No upgrade. They would not let me access the lounge either by saying I booked the room with special rate (??). I said fine since I do not really care about the lounge anyway. Though, upon settling in my room, I got a call saying I would not get breakfast as well (??) and if I would like breakfast for a fee. I am fine with no lounge, but I have to fight for my precious breakfast so I could not help but said I am a platinum member and I believe I am entitled to get breakfast free of charge, in which she replied that she would talk to her manager. In the end I got my breakfast and lounge access, but the whole experience was not very pleasant.

Welcome amenity. I tried one of the longan and it was off...

Pullman Bali Legian Beach

Booked 2 bedroom suite, ended up with 1 bedroom suite with a connection to a deluxe. Got an upgrade to a ground floor room with pool in front and near the restaurant, which was quite nice and convenient, but quite noisy since kids pool was there too. Staff there were all very helpful and attentive with a smile. The hotel was not great, small pool (infinity pool was a joke) and old rooms (a lot of things were also not working), but I was very happy with the staff there. They were truly the hotel's saviors.

Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Juntima

No upgrade. They would not let me access the lounge either by saying I booked the room with special rate (??). I said fine since I do not really care about the lounge anyway. Though, upon settling in my room, I got a call saying I would not get breakfast as well (??) and if I would like breakfast for a fee. I am fine with no lounge, but I have to fight for my precious breakfast so I could not help but said I am a platinum member and I believe I am entitled to get breakfast free of charge, in which she replied that she would talk to her manager. In the end I got my breakfast and lounge access, but the whole experience was not very pleasant.
This is concerning.

What rate and where did you book through?
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
This is concerning.

What rate and where did you book through?
Booked directly on Accor website with an Asia Pacific Sale rate at around $65 / night
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA

Welcome amenity. I tried one of the longan and it was off...
i understand that "staff and family rate" and some corporate contract are not eligible for status night which also means no benefit. now i am curious to know what rate and from where you book that.

there is 1 more thing worth mentioning here, 2 years ago i was told the "apartment" room got different treatment, platinum wont get room upgrade and lounge access. But my friend who stayed there last year said the recognition was the same like staying hotel room.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i understand that "staff and family rate" and some corporate contract are not eligible for status night which also means no benefit. now i am curious to know what rate and from where you book that.

there is 1 more thing worth mentioning here, 2 years ago i was told the "apartment" room got different treatment, platinum wont get room upgrade and lounge access. But my friend who stayed there last year said the recognition was the same like staying hotel room.
I am no Accor staff nor on a corporate contract. I am just an ordinary happy tourist
The room was booked directly on Accor website with an Asia Pacific Sale rate. I had done some research before booking and known of the apartment part of the hotel, that there was seperated lounge and breakfast area to the hotel part, which were a bit worse than the hotel ones, so I made sure I booked the hotel part, even though the hotel room was much smaller than the apartment (from what I heard).

​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
I am no Accor staff nor on a corporate contract. I am just an ordinary happy tourist
The room was booked directly on Accor website with an Asia Pacific Sale rate. I had done some research before booking and known of the apartment part of the hotel, that there was seperated lounge and breakfast area to the hotel part, which were a bit worse than the hotel ones, so I made sure I booked the hotel part, even though the hotel room was much smaller than the apartment (from what I heard).

​​​​
Then that must be their mistake.
I had several stays booked at MYR 199 (translate to USD 48) at this Pullman, all benefits well recognized.

As long as the booking was made on official channel,
you should get status recognition.
no matter price high or low,

1 more question, were you check in at club lounge or hotel lobby?
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Then that must be their mistake.
I had several stays booked at MYR 199 (translate to USD 48) at this Pullman, all benefits well recognized.

As long as the booking was made on official channel,
you should get status recognition.
no matter price high or low,

1 more question, were you check in at club lounge or hotel lobby?
I booked 2 basic rooms (one with breakfast) for 3 nights came to a total of MYR 1,615 (divide by 3 then 2 = MYR 269 roughly $65 / room / night?). This was an Asia Pacific Sale rate.

I went to check in at the lobby, and the lady there had someone worked the elevator to send me up the forth floor for checking in. There, the lady at the club lounge told me I would not have lounge access because my room was a special rate. I thought of arguing since I was quite certain that benefits for platinum would be given regardless the room rate. But then I thought if the hotel would not even let me access the lounge, the other room where my family stay had no chance of being allowed too (some hotels extend lounge benefit to my second room, which I really appreciate their generosity) and there was no use going to the lounge alone without my family, so I didn't argue for the lounge.

But then the lady, guessing the same lady from the club lounge, called me in room to say I wouldn't have breakfast and if I want to add breakfast with a fee, this started to irritate me so I couldn't help but said I am platinum, in which she replied she need to talk to her manager. After dinner I came back to work out about my breakfast, since my card didn't work for 4th floor, I talked to the lady at the lobby who confirmed I have my breakfast and lounge access, and she updated my card so I could access the forth floor. I didn't go to the lounge during my stay, though happy with breakfast
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:55 am

Very sorry to hear about your experience. Others here know this hotel much better than me although I was there just a week ago. I can only guess that you had the misfortune to originally meet a new and undertrained Club Lounge staff member or possibly even a trainee. I did not receive a Platinum Amenity and Welcome note at that hotel last week and mentioned that fact in the Accor Survey. A couple of months ago I was initially told at a Luxury brand hotel in another country that I was not entitled to breakfast despite being Platinum although I did quickly receive it when I questioned the staff involved. Seems to be some inconsistency in some places. All I can say about KL is that for the last year or so there has been a lot of jumping around with staff moving to new hotels and different chains and needing time to learn the rules of the new chain. And some hotels have trainees handling check ins alone although not necessarily this hotel. I think you were very unlucky. An unpleasant experience dealing with something which should have been very simple. I hope you received an Accor Survey from the hotel. Hopefully the staff member involved now understands the rules which will benefit future guests thanks to your persistence.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Apr 20, 2019 at 3:13 pm
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Very sorry to hear about your experience. Others here know this hotel much better than me although I was there just a week ago. I can only guess that you had the misfortune to originally meet a new and undertrained Club Lounge staff member or possibly even a trainee. I did not receive a Platinum Amenity and Welcome note at that hotel last week and mentioned that fact in the Accor Survey. A couple of months ago I was initially told at a Luxury brand hotel in another country that I was not entitled to breakfast despite being Platinum although I did quickly receive it when I questioned the staff involved. Seems to be some inconsistency in some places. All I can say about KL is that for the last year or so at least there has been a lot of jumping around with staff moving to new hotels and different chains and needing time to learn the rules of the new chain. And some hotels have trainees handling check ins alone although not necessarily this hotel. I think you were very unlucky. An unpleasant experience dealing with something which should have been very simple. I hope you received an Accor Survey from the hotel. Hopefully the staff member involved now understands the rules which will benefit future guests thanks to your persistence.
Yes it was just a hiccup, this thing happens

I guess she must be new too, though I do not understand why they put a trainee in the club lounge (cause it's less chaotic so she could work at a slower pace?), and shouldn't platinum benefits part of the training if she was to position at the club lounge? The lady at the lobby seemed to have a very well understanding of this and why not she work at the lounge? Also, where from she got the information that lounge access and breakfast wouldn't be given to a platinum if room is a special rate (since she got the confident to inform me that at check-in and called me later on to inform about no breakfast too)?

Despite the hiccup, I am still happy with the stay, can't argue when the room rate was quite low for the location and all
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: All Diamond
MERCURE DUNEDIN
PLATINUM

D
iddly squat. Not even a lift to 2nd floor lol. Even tried this morning to charge me for breakfast.
I’m a Platinum member.
Do you have your card sir ?
Yes and proceeded to give her Accor Plus Platinum card.
That means you can have 50% off sir.
Platinum is free though I say
5 mins later can you please sign this ?
But that’s for $48 why would I sign for that ?
So we can charge Accor the fee.
Ok if need be but never known this to happen anywhere before.
Another 2 breakfasts to go so should be interesting
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

...checked in yeastarday at noon. At today nothing, just the towel rabbit left from housekeeping this morning

To be honest, yestarday evening I was at Club Millesime and i’ve been told by one of employees they have to deliver the welcome gift in my room, but my wife was sleeping, so I told him to leave it tomorrow...

they have probably forgot, not a big issue.

We have received upgrade from Luxury room to corner Prestige Suite, high floor (29th)

suite is spacious and comfortable, even if small details (some stains on the carpet / sofa)

club millesime is small but nice, but not so special food offer ( light snacks, even at evening).

No self service beverages, you have to ask for everything

no chanpagne, even if there are 2 Laurent Perrier showcases...

red / white wines (decent quality) - cocktails etc.

this morning the breakfast was nothing special also. Menu for eggs / hot dishes- not so fresh croissants and nothing self service.

View from Club is nice

Considering the rate (less than 100€ night - payed by points) it’s a very nice hotel, over all.

nice bar at 36th (last one) floor. Welcome drinks can be used even for cocktails and spirits

Last edited by Dav77; Apr 21, 2019 at 11:05 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sycokid
MERCURE DUNEDIN
PLATINUM

D
iddly squat. Not even a lift to 2nd floor lol. Even tried this morning to charge me for breakfast.
I’m a Platinum member.
Do you have your card sir ?
Yes and proceeded to give her Accor Plus Platinum card.
That means you can have 50% off sir.
Platinum is free though I say
5 mins later can you please sign this ?
But that’s for $48 why would I sign for that ?
So we can charge Accor the fee.
Ok if need be but never known this to happen anywhere before.
Another 2 breakfasts to go so should be interesting
I have stayed here last year as Silver. Found it to be acceptable so long as price was right and they were quite generous with the free drink vouchers compared to some other places I stayed at. Please note as of 1 May 2019 this property is leaving the Accor chain. I was going to stay again this year but once they informed me of this I decided to go somewhere else.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:59 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Rixos Premium Bodrum

Handed over at check in. Before you ask what this is, it is apparently a cover for a suitcase.... No other amenity, nor welcome letter, or for that matter any other Le Club perks.
ContinentalVoyager7 and Dav77 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold

Handed over at check in. Before you ask what this is, it is apparently a cover for a suitcase.... No other amenity, nor welcome letter, or for that matter any other Le Club perks.
you could exchange it with a glass of champagne with Flavio Briatore at Billionaire Club 😁
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Dav77

you could exchange it with a glass of champagne with Flavio Briatore at Billionaire Club 😁
I hope I have a little more class than that kind of trash.
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.