Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I'm only here for one night, but this is my fourth time staying at the hotel. The rooms are quite dated, but comfortable. I received a two-category upgrade from a Superior Room to a two-level Suite. I checked in two hours prior to check in time and my room was ready. At check in, we received two drink vouchers and later a welcome letter was delivered, containing another two drink vouchers. All emails to the hotel have been replied to within a couple of hours (during business days).

The hotel's location is very good - within walking distance to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. It has a metro station literally outside the front doors, which gets you to the Temple of Heaven within two stops.

Rooms in the A wing have a shower-over-bath and rooms in the B wing have a standalone shower. In my past experience staying in the B Wing rooms, the rooms overlooking the road behind the hotel have poor sleep quality because the windows do a poor job of blocking out the noise of traffic. There is a hospital behind the hotel, so traffic is often jammed, and the drivers here enjoy using their horns.

Happy hour is from 6-8pm, which I will be heading over to enjoy in half an hour.

I will be providing a review of the Novotel Beijing Peace (hopefully) tonight, which had a great lounge for a Novotel (better than what we experienced at the Sofitel Harbin), and will have a review for this hotel forthcoming in the next days.
Ha, thanks for the insights,

​​​​​​are you coming from airport? How much was the taxi fare?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Ha, thanks for the insights,

​​​​​​are you coming from airport? How much was the taxi fare?
I actually caught the train down from Harbin, so it was a quick metro ride (3 stops with one interchange) from the railway station to the Novotel Peace hotel (I first stayed there and changed hotel today). It is only one metro stop from Beijing Railway Station to the Xin Qiao hotel. From Beijing South Railway Station (the main high-speed railway station), it is only six metro stops to the Xin Qiao hotel, including one transfer.

According to Baidu, a private car from the international airport to the hotel would set you back between CNY 150-200 and a taxi would be about CNY 100 or so and would take about 75-90 minutes. A Didi (Chinese Uber) from the Xin Qiao hotel to the airport is estimated at about CNY 115, so I assume the cost would be similar for the reverse.
Taking the metro (airport express line, transferring to line 2, which is directly outside the hotel doors) will take about 1 hour and cost about CNY 28, according to Baidu. Just as a warning, the metro stations in Beijing have a lot of stairs and not many escalators and even less elevators, so lugging luggage around can be a pain.
Taking the bus (Beijing West station line) will take about 2 hours and gets you to within 1.1km of the hotel, costing CNY 30, according to Baidu.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver

Mercure Sapporo as gold
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:31 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7

Mercure Sapporo as gold
It's Royce right? Not some cheapskate chocolates
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:39 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Banyan Tree Tianjin Riverside as platinum

The wine arrived only slightly chilled, so I have put it into the small wine fridge they have provided in the room.

Don't worry, a review with be forthcoming in a few days!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: QANTAS, Le Club, Bonvoy, Amplify
Mercure North Quay Brisbane, Gold member (via an Ibis Business sign up the day before I arrived). Welcome gift included a block of local chocolate, 2 drink vouchers, bottle of water and upgrade to river view room.

Hotel is pretty dated but does the job and in a good location. Working in Brisbane a lot over the next few months so planning on trying all the Accor hotels so will let you all know how I go. Both Novotel's are next!
derfliegel likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by cowism
It's Royce right? Not some cheapskate chocolates
I would guess its not Royce
angelaheyhello likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:48 am

Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore

Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
be careful with this hotel they charge your points / nights on your account ...

i’m waiting that since 2nd Genuary ... after 5 email with Accor CC isn’t done yet .... unbelievable
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Dav77

be careful with this hotel they charge your points / nights on your account ...

i’m waiting that since 2nd Genuary ... after 5 email with Accor CC isn’t done yet .... unbelievable
what's the issue? have you tried contact hotel directly?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:41 am

what's the issue? have you tried contact hotel directly?
waiting new feedback from Accor CC before ...

for what Acco CC says, the hotel can’t/don’t want/is not able to charge the stay (night only - no points since it was payed by points) on nights count, because the stay was payed by points ...
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Dav77

waiting new feedback from Accor CC before ...

for what Acco CC says, the hotel can’t/don’t want/is not able to charge the stay (night only - no points since it was payed by points) on nights count, because the stay was payed by points ...
i had 2 recent stays, sofitel kuala lumpur damansara and pullman kuala lumpur bangsar, both paid by points and only very little balance settled by cash. they credited the status night with 0 point:

Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:12 am

i had 2 recent stays, sofitel kuala lumpur damansara and pullman kuala lumpur bangsar, both paid by points and only very little balance settled by cash. they credited the status night with 0 point:

i know it needs to happen. Always had the same ...and it will happen also this time ... 😀
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore. Gold member... received an upgrade to a Harbour view room (it’s amazing) after asking and the usual free drink voucher, but no welcome gift. Should I request?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore. Gold member... received an upgrade to a Harbour view room (it’s amazing) after asking and the usual free drink voucher, but no welcome gift. Should I request?
yes, better ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.