Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Just providing an update to my earlier post. This is for the Singapore Swissôtel The Stamford as a gold member. I ended up asking for the welcome gift and got a little jar of hard candies. In the end, I was upgraded to a harbour view room which offers some of the best views of Singapore, especially at night. Also received the welcome drink voucher which can be used on the 70th floor bar, but never used it.

ContinentalVoyager7 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I’ve just checked into the Swissôtel The Stamford in Singapore and received a box of chocolates as a welcome gift, plus 4 welcome drink vouchers. I’m traveling with my 2 kids and was asked if we wanted a king (with rollaway bed) or 2 twins. I asked which is the better room and she said the king. So went with that. So don’t think we got a room upgrade but possibly because of our bedding situation.

They wont let kids into the lounge for cocktails - so looks like they will survive on their iPads while we enjoy cocktails!! (I hate this anti child policy at more and more hotels. They say it’s because they are serving alcohol in the Louge, but they are allowed into the restaurants where they serve alcohol)
tris06 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Unless it is the law in Singapore, I would just say today to the lounge staff or the manager that in that case the hotel will be given a 1 star rating or even expect a call from Accor about this policy. Completely unacceptable. We must resist and punish hotels that do this, to not encourage other hotels to do the same. Parents should and can take responsibility for their children. As you said there is no difference compared to a restuarant apart from the fact the hotel can put up with children in the restuarant to earn more money by selling drinks and food. Allowing children into the lounge has no obvious monetary benefit for the hotel.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tris06
Unless it is the law in Singapore, I would just say today to the lounge staff or the manager that in that case the hotel will be given a 1 star rating or even expect a call from Accor about this policy. Completely unacceptable. We must resist and punish hotels that do this, to not encourage other hotels to do the same. Parents should and can take responsibility for their children. As you said there is no difference compared to a restuarant apart from the fact the hotel can put up with children in the restuarant to earn more money by selling drinks and food. Allowing children into the lounge has no obvious monetary benefit for the hotel.
Accorhotels is fully aware of this police - if not, they wouldn't post it on their own website: https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/u...index.en.shtml

Though under the Swissotel Stamford it says this: During day - No limitation for children After 17:00pm - 12 years and older
tris06 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:46 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Just providing an update to my earlier post. This is for the Singapore Swissôtel The Stamford as a gold member. I ended up asking for the welcome gift and got a little jar of hard candies. In the end, I was upgraded to a harbour view room which offers some of the best views of Singapore, especially at night. Also received the welcome drink voucher which can be used on the 70th floor bar, but never used it.

Haha, same as me. I had to call them up and all I got was that and some cookies. Not to mention, no letter or nothing..... NIL
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: Alfursan Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus , LCAH Gold
As Gold

Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni , upgrade deluxe (2nd category ) room to suites . Welcome drink voucher . Late check out . And welcome chocolate and 3 pcs dodol ( indonesian sticky dessert)

Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

M Gallery Phoneix Yogyakarta

Mercure City Center Bandung

The Phonenix Mgallery Yogyakarta , upgrade superior to deluxe pool view , welcome fruit amenities plate . Welcome card sign by the GM .

Mercure city center Bandung , upgrade superior to privilige room with minibar free ( 1 coke + 1 sprite + 1 Minute Maid pulpy orange + chocolate snacks ) . Welcome plate chocolate praline and biscuits .
Dav77 likes this.

Last edited by montreuxgarcon; Apr 21, 2019 at 4:17 am
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Sofitel Macau

Don't really know this brand of wine I assume it is okay.

French cakes, chocolates and a bottle of dry white wine (requested it instead of the usual red they give).
Checked in yesterday.
Staying for 3 nights.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade

Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
Good and tasty, although a bit small IMO.

Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Haha, same as me. I had to call them up and all I got was that and some cookies. Not to mention, no letter or nothing..... NIL
I wonder what I did to get the journal book as my gift earlier in the month?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC SE
Fairmont Royal Orchid, Hawaii
Welcome Gift: None

Had stayed at this hotel prior to the transition to Accor, and the hotel had provided a welcome amenity for Fairmont Platinum members. Post-Accor, no more welcome gifts. Asked hotel about it and was told that welcome drinks replaced welcome gifts. When I’d noted that both were listed as separate Platinum benefits, they advised that the welcome gift varied by hotel, and was no longer provided to Platinum members at the Orchid. Not a huge deal as it’s a beautiful property, but unfortunate to see the loyalty experience continue to degrade post-Accor.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:28 pm

Swissotel Stamford Singapore
Welcome Gift: 6 pieces of macarons with welcome message.

Booked a stay at Swissotel Executive Harbour King last week. Had the option to upgrade to Crest suite but declined as I was informed that was facing the city area. I thought I will prefer the harbour view better. I Hope I didn't regret this decision. Nonetheless, had a nice box of macarons.

Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:39 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Banyan Tree Shanghai on the Bund as platinum

Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: All Diamond
Mercure Central Sydney
Booked 2 rooms both received 2 glasses of champers along with strawberries and chocolate presented to the rooms on the day of choice
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Mgallery Palazzo Caracciolo Napoli

plat welcome gift

Booked superior room, received double upgrade at Junior Suite, on 2 floors, really nice room

i’ve had (for the second time) small discussion about beverage list ...really poor champagne option (considering also they are “French” ...and considering type of hotel )

last time there was only 1 bottle of Mumm in the hotel (bar + restaurant)

this time they have 2 bottles of Moët and 1 Veuve ...

nothing better.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dav77
Mgallery Palazzo Caracciolo Napoli

plat welcome gift

Booked superior room, received double upgrade at Junior Suite, on 2 floors, really nice room

i’ve had (for the second time) small discussion about beverage list ...really poor champagne option (considering also they are “French” ...and considering type of hotel )

last time there was only 1 bottle of Mumm in the hotel (bar + restaurant)

this time they have 2 bottles of Moët and 1 Veuve ...

nothing better.
Is the chair stained (on the 2nd picture) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.