Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Can Fairmont gift cards be used at Ko or Nicks?
T&C specifically states that Nicks is excluded. You can ask for an exception at front desk before dining. We've been granted this exception in years past.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:17 pm

Very impressed with stay

Here's a review of my stay I put on tripadvisor.
I really felt the service was outstanding and personal for such a big hotel.
Definitely do the outrigger canoe as everyone mentions, I saw sea turtles, manta rays, and some fish. They let you hop out of the canoe to snorkel.
If I had more time would have done a bike ride to Larousse bay and a snorkeling trip to molokini.

From the moment I pulled up to the hotel I simply didn't want to leave. View and beach were beautiful, service was outstanding. All of the employees made it a point to remember my name which was really nice. I wanted to buy two items I saw on the way to Hana but didn't buy, and the concierge told me exactly where to go. Beach is magnificent, they give you umbrella and chair for free, don't charge you like other resorts. Ate at Nicks fish market which was really good, and then went to Ko for happy hour the next day, get their sushi.

The rooms were HUGE and the bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was quite comfy! It is an all suite hotel, I cant imagine having as nice of a room at other hotels. The breakfast buffet was good but came to $41 after tip and tax, the room has a small fridge so you could stop in Kihei at the Safeway or Foodland grocery stores and eat your breakfast on the lanai in your room.

The only very minor complaints were they didn't deliver the newspaper I requested but a phone call quickly fixed this. Also the self parking spaces are really small, hopefully when they repaint the lot they will make them bigger.

This hotel was very impressive both in terms of service and views, I was so relaxed when I was there, can't wait to go back! Definitely felt some aloha from this pleasant stay!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:12 pm

Did anyone buy the daily getaway deal last week for this hotel and the orchid?

I was ready to buy the 6 nights for $1820 since we have a wedding to attend in maui next year and was refreshing like crazy but the 15 packages sold out within a second.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by kokinos
Did anyone buy the daily getaway deal last week for this hotel and the orchid?

I was ready to buy the 6 nights for $1820 since we have a wedding to attend in maui next year and was refreshing like crazy but the 15 packages sold out within a second.
Me too. I had it timed to the second using time.gov Something does not add up with this promo.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
I could swear this property was the Four Seasons in the 90's. Anyone know for sure? I have a 5 night stay (not a bad but not a fantastic use of the Chase 2 night free cards). The thing about fairmont, their Cust. Service is in Canada. They allow you to take awards and , say u sea free 2 night cert. , combine it with a suite upgrade and pay for nights 3/4 and allow you to use (if yiou can believe it) pay for 2 nights get 3rd free. So 5 nights for the price of 2. I hope it's the Four Seasons.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
The Four Seasons is next door
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN
I see the Spa is being renovated. Does anyone have a link to the renderings?

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is proud to announce the addition of Willow Stream Spa in 2013. Joining 16 award-winning spas within Fairmont Hotels and Resorts worldwide, the luxurious new Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani will be inspired by the unique ingredients, traditions and calming energy only found on Maui. In addition to the existing three outdoor spa cabanas, the new spa will double in size, encompassing over 9,000 square feet of retail space, manicure and pedicure stations, treatment rooms with state-of-the-art treatment tables, experience showers, including the Pālolo (Mud) Bar.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Nice to hear that Kea Lani is adding a Willowstream. We've had treatments here over the years and the spa was pretty basic, but allowed for spa access to elite members even after officially taken off of be benefits list for premier and platinum. Hopefully its a minor Reno and the construction non intrusive.

There was a good haircut place neighbouring the spa for years. I wonder if the Fairmont took that out and doubled the size?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
I notice the shark attack where the german tourist lost part of her arm yesterday happened at the beach next door to Kea Lani.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am targeting this property in 2014...
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:28 am
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I am targeting this property in 2014...
I'm targeting this property this afternoon for a 4 pm checkin. Will be good to be back. Not sure about the Shark part though. That sounds crazy and right out of the movies. Will have to read up on the German tourist story.

Btw 14 drownings in Kauai so far this year. Not sure the statistics for maui. One has to be aware!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
German tourist loses arm in shark attack off Maui

Originally Posted by MtlFire
I notice the shark attack where the german tourist lost part of her arm yesterday happened at the beach next door to Kea Lani.
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...rk_attack.html
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:41 am
Suspended

Checked in and talking to the bell man rumor has it that the German tourist has now passed away based on a (one) source.

I hope this is not true..
Old Aug 18, 2013, 5:21 pm
Suspended

About half an hour ago, my wife observed Miss Teen USA and Miss Hawaii USA undergoing a photo shoot in the lobby. Pretty exciting.

Also Ko has won the Regional Restaurant of the Year Award. The restaurant is in its new building and structure. In ten years, I've never dined at Ko's, so will either dine there or Nick's Fishmarket with the FHR $100 dining credit in the next night or so. Has anyone used their Dessert for Two certificate at Ko's or Nick's Fishmarket? How was the choices of desserts?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
About half an hour ago, my wife observed Miss Teen USA and Miss Hawaii USA undergoing a photo shoot in the lobby. Pretty exciting.
Miss Texas was going on in the same hotel last year in LA during the FTU event. It was very exciting indeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.