Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:46 am

Does any one have an idea of late check out times offered to Platinum members? Fairmont Orchid offered 7pm check out on my visit last year. I was wondering if Kea Lani would offer similar, or are are they generally firm with 2pm times?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I’ve always been offered as late as I want, but that was before the Accor merger so who knows. Last year they gave me 9pm when I had an 11pm flight. Could be because I’ve been going there for 15+ years though.
I’ll be there tomorrow so will try to remember to ask for you what they are generally offering these days.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by ac/elite
I’ve always been offered as late as I want, but that was before the Accor merger so who knows. Last year they gave me 9pm when I had an 11pm flight. Could be because I’ve been going there for 15+ years though.
I’ll be there tomorrow so will try to remember to ask for you what they are generally offering these days.
I've stayed at the Kea Lani a few times myself but never needed to ask for late check out. So if you remember to ask, that would be great, thank you. Enjoy your stay!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ceescai
I've stayed at the Kea Lani a few times myself but never needed to ask for late check out. So if you remember to ask, that would be great, thank you. Enjoy your stay!
I asked for you this afternoon when I checked in. The way late checkouts are handles has indeed changed here. The basic change, I was told, is that they can no longer guarantee late checkout. It comes down to making the request on the last day and if the room isn’t booked or the incoming guest will be arriving late, they’ll be happy to do it. She said that there has been no change to the time they will give you if the room is available. So, if the room is available, they’ll be happy to still give 5pm or even later for those with late flights. The difference is that the room is less likely to be available. In the past, when they would guarantee a late checkout, they would not assign that room to an incoming guest whenever possible. Now, that isn’t taken into consideration when assigning rooms.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:21 pm

That's very good to know and now I have an idea of what I could expect for when I request. Thanks for taking the time to ask!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:58 am

Considering this property or the Andaz for a honeymoon trip next September on an FHR rate. Any experience here booking with an FHR rate? Should I expect an upgrade? Anything else? Hard to gauge considering they are all suites, but would prefer oceanview for honeymoon.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Did you end up taking your trip dblue@? I have the same question as you for a December 2020 trip - Andaz vs. Fairmont using Amex FHR.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Has anyone stayed here with the new Covid regulations? Just curious what is closed and what protocols are in place. Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
Has anyone stayed here with the new Covid regulations? Just curious what is closed and what protocols are in place. Thanks
Only 2nd hand experience, but:

- several restaurants are open; focus on outdoor dining
- expanded room delivery & take-out options (Ko take-out lunch option)
- excellent cleaning / safety protocols in place
- masks must be worn in all indoor public places
SeeTheLights likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Only 2nd hand experience, but:

- several restaurants are open; focus on outdoor dining
- expanded room delivery & take-out options (Ko take-out lunch option)
- excellent cleaning / safety protocols in place
- masks must be worn in all indoor public places
Any recent updates? We have reservations for July, but my wife has qualms about going because she's not convinced it will be up to traditional levels of fun.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by greg99
Any recent updates? We have reservations for July, but my wife has qualms about going because she's not convinced it will be up to traditional levels of fun.
I am currently on property for a few more hours should you have any specific questions. I'll report back with some of the basics after I experience the breakfast and some of the other resort amenities.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by roadman3313
I am currently on property for a few more hours should you have any specific questions. I'll report back with some of the basics after I experience the breakfast and some of the other resort amenities.
Thanks - is everything open on hotel premises?

Any experience with cabana rentals at the main (non-adult exclusive) pool?

Enjoy!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.