Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mrredskin
finally got the chance to book all 4 free nights here between our two accounts. booked into Mountain and, just like you, she tried "upgrading" me into a Garden room. Will call again in the next few days.
I wouldn't wait. The POV Suites may be gone by the time you call back. I'd write down the name of each person you talk to in case you get the same one.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: British Airways
<deleting out of date information>

Last edited by pancakex; Jan 17, 2022 at 11:28 pm Reason: <deleting out of date information>
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by philemer
I wouldn't wait. The POV Suites may be gone by the time you call back. I'd write down the name of each person you talk to in case you get the same one.
0-2 on trying to get the POV suites. This agent said the same - Mountain upgrade books into Garden. Will try again tomorrow, I guess! trip isn't 'til June, BTW.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mrredskin
0-2 on trying to get the POV suites. This agent said the same - Mountain upgrade books into Garden. Will try again tomorrow, I guess! trip isn't 'til June, BTW.
They really need to work on corporate training. Geesh! You'll eventually get the right person.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Originally Posted by philemer
Hey, this a Kea Lani thread. Actually, we will be on the B.I. the week before we arrive at the Kea Lani so, even though we aren't staying at the Orchid, we might stop by and use some of our $25 dining certs. I've always wanted to try Brown's Beach House. Just hand the paper certs to the waiter? Yum, yum.
I'm pretty sure the T's and C's say to give them to the waiter (and to tell him/her you'll be using them as soon as you're seated). Taking the thread further away from the Kea Lani, though, we actually forgot our certs when we were at the Princess last month. As an afterthought, as I was at the front desk checking out, I asked the clerk if she would apply our certs to the part of the bill we had from dinner at Bourbon Steakhouse. And she just looked up my FPC account, applied the certs, and handed me a reduced bill. Not sure if you can count on that, but it was pretty cool. And that took a heck of a lot less time than watching the waitstaff not even know what the certificate was when we handed one to them at the Fairmont in Santa Monica. That was a couple of months into the Visa program...hopefully they've worked out the kinks by now...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by pancakex
Anyone know how far in advance it's recommended you book the outrigger canoe trip here? I'll be visiting at the end of February and would love to do this!^
I just left. Booked it the week before I arrived, 50% of the spots were still open.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by MtlFire
I just left. Booked it the week before I arrived, 50% of the spots were still open.
Depends on the time of year. We went in June and it was booked solid for weeks.
Never hurts to send an email to the concierge asking to make the reservation for your date.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Cruban
Depends on the time of year. We went in June and it was booked solid for weeks.
Never hurts to send an email to the concierge asking to make the reservation for your date.
I've never booked before arriving at the hotel and have never had trouble getting a spot on numerous trips to the hotel. In any event, if you for some reason can't get a reservation, just go down in the morning and there's a good chance you'll get on anyhow. They have a high no-show rate. Just mention to Chris ("Ula Ula"), the guy with the red hair that runs the program, that you are waiting to get on and he'll likely find you a spot.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Authentic Local Food Experience At Ko

Recently back from a week at Kea Lani. One of the first places I've stayed at that everyone knew exactly what the various Fairmont certs were and how to use them.

I used the Authentic Local Food Experience at Ko, the server knew exactly what I was talking about and explained it was a surf & turf plate. Maui Rib Eye and choice from two catches of the day.

I'll let the picture speak for itself, it was amazing (click for a larger image):

Two pieces of fish, and a nice piece of steak. The steak alone on the menu was $46, so this plate was easily worth at least that.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My husband is going to a conference here in January and I've decided to tag along. He's Marriott Plat with Hilton as his backup (Gold) chain. He's a 100-125 night a year in biz travel room guy, with no plans to stay at a Fairmont again. Staying on the conference rate of 249/night. Is there any particular reason to sign up for the Fairmont program for our stay?

I'm planning on doing the canoe trip, at least once, and doing a lot of swimming( I do some fairly long ocean swims so this is the perfect opportunity to get some miles in) while he's slaving away at meetings during the day. I'm not covered by his company insurance on the rental car, so I'm pretty much marooned at the hotel during the day, except for the shuttle. I think there will be enough to keep me occupied for 3 days, though?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Free internet with the loyalty club signup. Might be included anyway in the conference rate.

Pretty nice rate, by the way.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
Free internet with the loyalty club signup. Might be included anyway in the conference rate.

Pretty nice rate, by the way.
+1

Free internet is the main benefit of signing up for FPC, he may also be able to earn some 500 airline miles depending on the exact T&C of the rate.

And indeed, $249/night is an excellent deal!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

His company is paying the room, his flight and car and will cover internet, of course I'm sure they wouldn't complain about it being free. I figured that was a good rate for Jan 6-9 which is when we'll be there. Didn't think about signing up and getting airline miles though, think I'll do that. I expect we won't get a great room/view, but they all sound pretty nice. He gets breakfast and an evening reception every night, I'm on my own. I may run to the mall in the morning to get my breakfast, it's about a mile along the beach path then cut thru the Marriott (where we have stayed a couple of times).
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
His company is paying the room, his flight and car and will cover internet, of course I'm sure they wouldn't complain about it being free. I figured that was a good rate for Jan 6-9 which is when we'll be there. Didn't think about signing up and getting airline miles though, think I'll do that. I expect we won't get a great room/view, but they all sound pretty nice. He gets breakfast and an evening reception every night, I'm on my own. I may run to the mall in the morning to get my breakfast, it's about a mile along the beach path then cut thru the Marriott (where we have stayed a couple of times).
The suites are pretty much all the same (very nice and spacious layout) except for the view which could can be anything from bushes/the parking lot to a view of the ocean from the top floor.

If you donīt want to have a full-size breakfast in the restaurant, I can also highly recommend Caffe Ciao Deli located on the lower level which has a great and reasonably priced selection of food.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
finally got upgraded to POV suite. took some other means to accomplish this, but glad I was able to get the upgrade that we deserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.