Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just booked 5 nights at Kea Lani for early November on an excellent 40% off promo, and added an upgrade cert, plus my SO's third nights free from the Premier benefits. I believe we're in an Ocean View now. By the comments here, sounds like it should be a great experience.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
I am using free night certificates and am confirmed in room 391 an ocean view suite. I heard that the palm trees block the views. Any first hand experience? Any recommendations?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by RewardTraveler
+1 I really wouldn't get my hopes up for an Oceanfront unit.
The only times I've occupied an OceanFront Villa unit were when I actually booked an OceanView Villa unit via AMEX FHR AND having Plat status.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MLM JET
I am using free night certificates and am confirmed in room 391 an ocean view suite. I heard that the palm trees block the views. Any first hand experience? Any recommendations?
I once had an ocean view unit on the third floor a couple of years ago. Typically you can't see Molokini from the units, and if you do, it may be a slight edge.

I recommend that you make a request for a specific area and room. Phone up the hotel and typically they will walk you through each room and the characteristics. When done, place your preference on your reservation.

We will be arriving at Kea Lani for easter April 6th to 12th.. very expensive for the time of year, but we wanted to end our spring break trip there.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
They just switched me to 464 which they said is way better!!!! Still hoping for a Kilohana except the hotel is overbooked!!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MLM JET
They just switched me to 464 which they said is way better!!!! Still hoping for a Kilohana except the hotel is overbooked!!
Kea Lani had great prices before March 31st so not surprised the hotel is sold out.. I almost switched to Kea Lani, Maui to the front end of my vacation because the prices were so low, but we like to end with Kea Lani at the end of the vacation because we like to save the best location for last. Will be arriving Good Friday coming up.. but I don't think the hotel is overbooked.

You'll enjoy the fourth floor, I believe its an Ocean View category.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:41 am

Hot of the press my recent hotel report with many pictures from the Fairmont Kea Lani:

http://behindthecockpit.wordpress.co...i-maui-hawaii/
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kokinos
Hot of the press my recent hotel report with many pictures from the Fairmont Kea Lani:

http://behindthecockpit.wordpress.co...i-maui-hawaii/
Neat blog and some great photos of Hawaii!^
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
I decided to use a suite upgrade certificate for get a partial ocean view for September. Does anyone have any pics of what the partial ocean view gets you?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Have an upcoming stay and using a suite upgrade certificate to a partial ocean suite. Any recommendations on suite number or area? We'll be traveling with a 10 month old. Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Daily Getaways deal for May 8th: 6 nights for $1750 (or $1575 with AMEX) incl breakfast.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...f-37bd6267539d

A great deal at $292 (or $262.50) per night. T&Cs state no blackouts and no expiry.
Too bad they don't sell them in smaller quantities, I would def go for 3 nights....anybody wanna go splits...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I was just going to post about this. Can anywhere shed some light on the ovation certs and how they work? Are there blackouts? Are they a lower class room (like the Fairmont room only)

Can one use SUITE UPGRADE certificates with them as a Platinum?

Seems a pretty good deal, six nights, 1750, or less with AMEX and NO EXPIRATION seems a pretty good deal.

We've already booked for end of May, six nights using a suite upgrade came out to 2000$ all in with taxes, but no breakie.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I was just going to post about this. Can anywhere shed some light on the ovation certs and how they work? Are there blackouts? Are they a lower class room (like the Fairmont room only)

Can one use SUITE UPGRADE certificates with them as a Platinum?

Seems a pretty good deal, six nights, 1750, or less with AMEX and NO EXPIRATION seems a pretty good deal.

We've already booked for end of May, six nights using a suite upgrade came out to 2000$ all in with taxes, but no breakie.
1) You can use the ovation cert as long as the lowest Fairmont room category is still bookable on the Fairmont website (or to be more precise: "a Fairmont rooms needs to be available" which usually corresponds with the BAR availability, however in some rare instances the hotel may withhold availability to the website, so it doesn´t hurt to call in)
2) no capacity controls
3) not sure about black-out dates; if any I´m pretty sure they´d be idintical with the dates listed on the Limited Access page (e.g. Christmas etc,)
4) Ovation certs book into the Fairmont room category (there are some special ovation certs which book into higher room/suite categories, but not relevant for the Kea Lani)
5) Yes, you can definitely apply a suite upgrade cert (should get you a partial ocean view suite or ocean view suite)
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:03 pm

I am thinking about trying to purchase the ovation certs, but don't want to do so only to find that my hoped for days aren't available.

If I book a 7-night stay in the cheapest category now, and then am able to type quickly enough to purchase the certificates, can I have six of them applied to the existing reservation, or must the space be available irrespective of my reservation when I actually have the certs in hand?

Actually -- in thinking about it, this is really two questions. The first is, can you use fewer ovation certs than your reservation is for? For example, can you use 3 for a 6-night stay and pay for 3 nights. Second question is whether, if I book now with a Fairmont room available, I can convert some of the nights over to ovation if I win the certs.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by lkar
Second question is whether, if I book now with a Fairmont room available, I can convert some of the nights over to ovation if I win the certs.
I'm curious about this too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.