Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double status points for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
I am in the US, have not received this email. Anyone upthread in the US?

Nevermind, just got my email...

Last edited by tex1721; Dec 22, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I received the email too. This is great news. A very smart decision from Accor . Thank you
leoo, SkyteamEP and hotel_user like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I received it too, but apparently unlike most respondents here I was extremely disappointed.
I guess it will be time to look for a new hotel program once travel finally resumes again
Accor has its share of problems but I'm not sure what's the criticism here.
You should be disappointed with the Australian government because travel has resumed (sort of) for most of us. It's not Accor that's keeping you a prisoner in your own country.
I'm just glad not many countries decided to implement the draconian restrictions you have to endure.

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I read the subject and thought, oh, that's nice. I can always used some extra free reward points! The double status points, unfortunately, will be useless to me, as the carry-forward of points earned last in July already give me the 26,000 needed for Diamond next year. Nice gesture though. They must really be getting desperate to retain customers! Too bad it's not double reward points.
I feel the same. I won't take advantage because I've pretty much already qualified Platinum (my goal) for 2022, due to the rollover nights, but it's a nice gesture nevertheless.
I'd also prefer reward points but I'm glad Accor is trying something.
BinSabai and Maelstrom like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Email received - registered in USA. Very happy with this promotion, which will probably allow me to maintain Gold status.
tex1721 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
with this promotion there will be legions of new Platinum members...and then they will reduce the benefits for Platinums like no lounge access etc.???
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:24 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by leoo
I'm just glad not many countries decided to implement the draconian restrictions you have to endure.
Im glad they did, whilst I have not had the freedom to travel overseas I have been able to travel domestically, with close to 400 hotels in Oz for Accor there are plenty of options.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I received it too, but apparently unlike most respondents here I was extremely disappointed.
Had been so excited to qualify for Platinum at the start of the year and planned a big year of travel both for work (mostly domestic) and pleasure (more international).
But since Australia's borders are closed, both internationally and domestically, I haven't stayed in an Accor since February and no idea when that will change.
So looks like I will lose the Platinum status without ever having had the opportunity to enjoy the benefits. Currently the only options are staycations within my own city which would be limited, and have less appeal as at least some Accor properties have been being used as quarantine hotels which would be safest to stay away from.
I guess it will be time to look for a new hotel program once travel finally resumes again
I'm intrigued. Which hotel program would have had a better outcome?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Awesome news. I had been wondering how I could maintain Diamond status, that I have yet to fully enjoy, with this travel restriction, but this makes it possible now. Thanks Accor.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As a member based in Turkey, I haven't received the e-mail.
But 15 nights or €1400 spending for ALL Gold status makes sense.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:21 am
R2

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As a member based in Turkey, I haven't received the e-mail.
But 15 nights or 1400 spending for ALL Gold status makes sense.
It's reassuring the learn I'm not the only not having received the email. I'm based in Asia.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:45 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by R2
It's reassuring the learn I'm not the only not having received the email. I'm based in Asia.
I also have not received the email, but that could be because I am Accor Plus? Maybe they will send different correspondence. Based in AUS.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
I would expect it to be across all the usual points-earning brands.

I suspect the difference arises from where the marketing emails are sent - Anglophone nations are seemingly marketed out of the US (by, of all people, Adobe Systems!), it is possible that emails received by members on the European mainland etc. originate elsewhere and have a slightly different brand list, but since the text doesn't explicitly reference "selected brands" I would presume that the phrase "Any Status Nights and Status Points you earn during eligible stays will be automatically doubled" (my emphasis) to mean exactly that.
I know, it was a silly idea. But with Accor you can never be sure...
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I also have not received the email, but that could be because I am Accor Plus? Maybe they will send different correspondence. Based in AUS.
The Accor Plus version different wording but I received it yesterday.

Old Dec 23, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
I received e-mail yesterday in the morning. Based in Europe. Spending 1400€ for Gold is nonsense, buying Ibis Business for 90€ makes sense if the Gold is what someone needs before 15 nights, preferably stayed anyway not as a mattress run. That adds 6€ per night up to Gold 2021 qualification level. I will qualify to Platinum level in January according to roll-overs and double nights promo but zero excitement. Honestly, I do not care about status in ALL program. Does not matter, am I Silver, Gold or Platinum, probably because I have not stayed in Sofitel, Swissotel, Raffles or Fairmont.
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by Jaenks; Dec 24, 2020 at 6:24 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 23, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Got mine few days ago.

I guess I can reach Diamond for 2021

It seems like most major hotel chains reduce their elite qualification for 2021 except Bonvoy.
(As usual Bonvoy will be the last one to make the changes )
supatight80 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.