Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double status points for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Double status points for 2021

I just received an email about this. On top of the previously announced rollover of nights and status points from 2nd half of 2020, status points and nights will be double for eligible stays in whole 2021. Interestingly some newly joined brands such as movenpick or 25hours aren't mentioned

Last edited by patrickw; Dec 22, 2020 at 4:20 am
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
My wife got an email about this but I haven't yet. (I've done over 30 Accor nights this year, she's done zero.) Is this targeted or does Accor just send emails slowly?
​​​​
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
This is fantastic news! I'll finally have a chance to become Platinum!
Koby and BinSabai like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
I got the email as well.
I was back to classic member :-)

Hopefully other programs will do the same.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
My wife got an email about this but I haven't yet. (I've done over 30 Accor nights this year, she's done zero.) Is this targeted or does Accor just send emails slowly?
​​​​
Aha! I have now received it too. I assume this is for everyone then, excellent!
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:30 am

Very generous, especially as status points and night collected since July are also being rolled over into 2021.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:32 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Is this targeted or does Accor just send emails slowly?​​​​
It doesn't appear to be targetted or restricted in any way. I just got the email and came here to see if it was being discussed -- and see that patrickw obviously got the mail more than 90 minutes ago.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by patrickw
I just received an email about this. On top of the previously announced rollover of nights and status points from 2nd half of 2020, status and reward points will be double for eligible stays in whole 2021.
I didn't see any mention on reward points, only status points and nights.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aapee
I didn't see any mention on reward points, only status points and nights.
You are right! Somehow I read status points and nights as status and reward points
I've updated the post, thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Accord ALL Diamond
I've received the same, but different hotel chains. ( Europe based, moved from Silver to Platinum this year, achieved platinum last week).

I can't share the Screenshot, since I need 5 posts first, they are very similar, but I have movenpick instead of mama shelter; Swissotel instead of Mantis.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
I received it too, but apparently unlike most respondents here I was extremely disappointed.
Had been so excited to qualify for Platinum at the start of the year and planned a big year of travel both for work (mostly domestic) and pleasure (more international).
But since Australia's borders are closed, both internationally and domestically, I haven't stayed in an Accor since February and no idea when that will change.
So looks like I will lose the Platinum status without ever having had the opportunity to enjoy the benefits. Currently the only options are staycations within my own city which would be limited, and have less appeal as at least some Accor properties have been being used as quarantine hotels which would be safest to stay away from.
I guess it will be time to look for a new hotel program once travel finally resumes again
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by DutchFlyer80
but I have movenpick instead of mama shelter; Swissotel instead of Mantis.
I wonder why this is... Is it possible that we can't stay wherever we want in order to have the points and nights doubled, but only in those hotels they've chosen for us? Is it possible that they would make it so complicated? Who cares whether I stay in an Ibis or a 25hours hotel? If anything, 25hours is more expensive and brings them more money. Very weird.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I read the subject and thought, oh, that's nice. I can always used some extra free reward points! The double status points, unfortunately, will be useless to me, as the carry-forward of points earned last in July already give me the 26,000 needed for Diamond next year. Nice gesture though. They must really be getting desperate to retain customers! Too bad it's not double reward points.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I received it too, but apparently unlike most respondents here I was extremely disappointed.
Had been so excited to qualify for Platinum at the start of the year [...] So looks like I will lose the Platinum status without ever having had the opportunity to enjoy the benefits.
Status has been extended to end of December 2021 to anybody who qualified for status at the beginning of 2020 so you should hopefully be able to use your status at some point next year.
Ismilee likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EcotoneHR
I wonder why this is... Is it possible that we can't stay wherever we want in order to have the points and nights doubled, but only in those hotels they've chosen for us? Is it possible that they would make it so complicated? Who cares whether I stay in an Ibis or a 25hours hotel? If anything, 25hours is more expensive and brings them more money. Very weird.
I would expect it to be across all the usual points-earning brands.

I suspect the difference arises from where the marketing emails are sent - Anglophone nations are seemingly marketed out of the US (by, of all people, Adobe Systems!), it is possible that emails received by members on the European mainland etc. originate elsewhere and have a slightly different brand list, but since the text doesn't explicitly reference "selected brands" I would presume that the phrase "Any Status Nights and Status Points you earn during eligible stays will be automatically doubled" (my emphasis) to mean exactly that.
BinSabai, fifty_two and EcotoneHR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.