FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double status points for 2021
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:41 pm
leoo

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I received it too, but apparently unlike most respondents here I was extremely disappointed.
I guess it will be time to look for a new hotel program once travel finally resumes again
Accor has its share of problems but I'm not sure what's the criticism here.
You should be disappointed with the Australian government because travel has resumed (sort of) for most of us. It's not Accor that's keeping you a prisoner in your own country.
I'm just glad not many countries decided to implement the draconian restrictions you have to endure.

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I read the subject and thought, oh, that's nice. I can always used some extra free reward points! The double status points, unfortunately, will be useless to me, as the carry-forward of points earned last in July already give me the 26,000 needed for Diamond next year. Nice gesture though. They must really be getting desperate to retain customers! Too bad it's not double reward points.
I feel the same. I won't take advantage because I've pretty much already qualified Platinum (my goal) for 2022, due to the rollover nights, but it's a nice gesture nevertheless.
I'd also prefer reward points but I'm glad Accor is trying something.