Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I have NOT gotten the official email announcing the status extension, even though I can already see it on my account profile.
Old May 20, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I receive the official email today.
I guess they send them in batches.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
A welcome step by Accor although:

Points Expiration: To provide you ample time to redeem points, the expiration of Rewards points will be paused through December 15, 2020.

Is ambiguous and would benefit form clarification. What have Accor actually "paused"? On basis I haven't stayed in an Accor property now since late February my points would normally expire February 2021(assuming I can't make a safe hotel stay meanwhile).

Does pause simply mean points which would otherwise expire over the next few months will now not expire until 15th December (in which case my current points expiry date doesn't change)?

Or does it mean the 12 month point validity is now paused from date of this email and will go off pause on 15th December? So in my case the 12 months validity is now paused so the approx 9 months validity window remaining restarts on 15th December and will therefore run to September 2021? I hope this interpretation is correct.

Or does "Paused" in this instance have a different meaning?
I have received the email this morning.
In French, it says
  • Expiration de vos points : pour vous donner suffisamment de temps pour utiliser vos points Rewards, leur expiration sera suspendue jusqu'au 15 décembre 2020.
I understand it as no point will expire this year until 15/12/20. So in your case, your points expire in 2021, there is no change for their expiry date.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 3:09 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have received the email this morning.
In French, it says
  • Expiration de vos points : pour vous donner suffisamment de temps pour utiliser vos points Rewards, leur expiration sera suspendue jusqu'au 15 décembre 2020.
I understand it as no point will expire this year until 15/12/20. So in your case, your points expire in 2021, there is no change for their expiry date.
Thank you Goldorak for the clarification, just a shame the points expiry part of the latest Accor email isn't as generous as the status dispensations.

Hopefully the pandemic situation will have improved before December to allow hotel stays to be a realistic option again or further concessions will be made by Accor later in the year if the global position hasn't improved significantly. Upcoming reservations in my Accor account is blank for the first time for many years and don't see myself wanting to book or stay in any hotel before the autumn at the earliest.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:07 am

Novotel Oasis Cairns refusing to make changes to my booking in June despite global Accor policy stating otherwise.
Unfortunately it was the one time I booked via a third party so am between a rock and a hard place. I have tried to contact the hotel a few times but not even the courtesy of a response. Even stated that I was happy to pay anything additional on arrival but even that didnt result in a response.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:38 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by hillwalker2004
Novotel Oasis Cairns refusing to make changes to my booking in June despite global Accor policy stating otherwise.
Unfortunately it was the one time I booked via a third party so am between a rock and a hard place. I have tried to contact the hotel a few times but not even the courtesy of a response. Even stated that I was happy to pay anything additional on arrival but even that didnt result in a response.
Spoiler

Pretty disappointing that is the case, given the information on their website. Are you contacting the travel agent to arrange the cancellation on your behalf? Because the hotel needs the third party to contact them to cancel.

If the hotel is giving both you and the third party the run around, you could try contacting, in order:
  • The hotel's general manager (Scott Grant) @ [email protected] - though I have also read that Monique Harmer is Cluster General Manager for Novotel Cairns Oasis and Pullman Cairns International, so I'm not really sure?
  • The Area General Manager North Queensland, who I believe is Stefan Kracke (from my 5 mins searching on Google), GM at Peppers Beach Club and Spa Palm Cove @ [email protected] - Mr Kracke was area manager for Mantra properties prior to the acquisition, so I am not sure if he is area manager for Mantra properties, or all Accor properties in North Queensland, though if he is not, he could point you in the right direction
  • As a last resort, Accor Chief Operating Officer Pacific, Simon McGrath @ [email protected]
Old May 21, 2020, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
Thank you Goldorak for the clarification, just a shame the points expiry part of the latest Accor email isn't as generous as the status dispensations.
you know, it may change again in the coming months depending on how the pandemic situation is improving and how it gets easier or not to travel (borders reopening).

Originally Posted by cwl
Hopefully the pandemic situation will have improved before December to allow hotel stays to be a realistic option again or further concessions will be made by Accor later in the year if the global position hasn't improved significantly. Upcoming reservations in my Accor account is blank for the first time for many years and don't see myself wanting to book or stay in any hotel before the autumn at the earliest.
My upcoming reservations section of the app/site was also totally empty after numerous cancellations of all my stays between march and June (never happened to me too at least for the last 10 years). But...I have just made my 1st new booking in June I have never been so happy to book a flight and a hotel .
starflyergold and tris06 like this.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Spoiler

Pretty disappointing that is the case, given the information on their website. Are you contacting the travel agent to arrange the cancellation on your behalf? Because the hotel needs the third party to contact them to cancel.

If the hotel is giving both you and the third party the run around, you could try contacting, in order:
  • The hotel's general manager (Scott Grant) @ [email protected] - though I have also read that Monique Harmer is Cluster General Manager for Novotel Cairns Oasis and Pullman Cairns International, so I'm not really sure?
  • The Area General Manager North Queensland, who I believe is Stefan Kracke (from my 5 mins searching on Google), GM at Peppers Beach Club and Spa Palm Cove @ [email protected] - Mr Kracke was area manager for Mantra properties prior to the acquisition, so I am not sure if he is area manager for Mantra properties, or all Accor properties in North Queensland, though if he is not, he could point you in the right direction
  • As a last resort, Accor Chief Operating Officer Pacific, Simon McGrath @ [email protected]
Thanks. I might have been a touch premature and unfair on the hotel. I did contact the hotel directly a couple of times over the last month using a generic email but didn't get a response. The agent wrote to me this morning stating that they had been in contact with the hotel and that they were enforcing the non-refundable conditions so nothing could be done.

As it happened I found the GM's email and contacted him earlier and in fairness I got a quick response. They have no objection in moving the booking, so although nothing is yet confirmed it looks like I'm a lot closer to a resolution than I was earlier. I am now beginning to wonder whether in fact the agent did ever contact the hotel but who knows.

I'll endeavour to report back one way or another.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:43 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by hillwalker2004
Thanks. I might have been a touch premature and unfair on the hotel. I did contact the hotel directly a couple of times over the last month using a generic email but didn't get a response. The agent wrote to me this morning stating that they had been in contact with the hotel and that they were enforcing the non-refundable conditions so nothing could be done.

As it happened I found the GM's email and contacted him earlier and in fairness I got a quick response. They have no objection in moving the booking, so although nothing is yet confirmed it looks like I'm a lot closer to a resolution than I was earlier. I am now beginning to wonder whether in fact the agent did ever contact the hotel but who knows.
That's a good point actually - third party OTA's have been known to do this. After all, if you cancel the booking, they lose their commission. Good luck with it!
Old May 23, 2020, 12:54 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So I have suite night upgrades expiring dec 2020 but am not a platinum. I guess that means they are not extending them?
Old May 23, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Cancelled Non Refundable Booking

Originally Posted by EcotoneHR
Please do! I am supposed to go there in July so I'd like to know what I can expect when the time comes to cancel the booking.
Sofitel Bali,

After 3 emails this week I finally had a reply..first two were ignored.

I then sent a separate email to the hotel via a different email/name address, asking about a room for the same dates, reply was within 12 hours offering a discounted rate.

So for my third email, using the information that they are attending to emails, I finally received a reply as below.RED is my add ons.

Dear Mr Engtravel

We do apologize for not replying you at the soonest

Hope this email finds you well

We have note based on below correspondent that you will unable to come, and therefore to avoid any non-arrival charge we will cancel your current booking accordingly (I stated due to travel restrictions, were they really going to charge me for a no show?). You will receive the cancelation confirmation automatically from our system.

Meanwhile, as you book our special rate with non-refundable conditions, based on Accor Global Policy, we are only able to convert your total deposit, total of cash IDR, to be hotel credit that can be used for your future booking up until 31 March 2022.

We also have inform ALL member team to returned back your burn of BURN##removed.........IDR....= points to your membership account…most of the booking was with points.

You may contact us anytime in the future once you have the fix date, by replying this email. Additional information, that the availability and the rates of the new stay will be depend on the best rate available in time of booking

Mr Engtravel, again we are sorry, for not attending your email at the soonest and creating inconvenience, we hope the information is sufficient and we look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

It looks possibly that the points will be refunded back to my account and receive a credit voucher for the cash element..

But please note: the mention of a potential no show charge, just in case others have bookings and considering not showing..

If the points are returned then more than happy with this.
EcotoneHR likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by sxc
So I have suite night upgrades expiring dec 2020 but am not a platinum. I guess that means they are not extending them?
how did you get them if you are not Platinum or Diamond ?
Old May 23, 2020, 6:22 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
But please note: the mention of a potential no show charge, just in case others have bookings and considering not showing.
I see no issue with a no-show fee. If the guest has not contacted the hotel to inform them of their requirement to change or cancel the booking, it is reasonable for them to assume the guest will be staying, and to charge a no-show fee accordingly.

Of course, the hotel needs to be able to be contacted, which has been an issue with many of the hotels over this period. Going three weeks without a reply contact from the hotel is unacceptable - even if the hotel is closed, the generic reservations email should be getting monitored.
Old May 23, 2020, 9:17 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Goldorak
how did you get them if you are not Platinum or Diamond ?
I was platinum to the year ending 2019, and now gold. I don’t know why I got them - some quirk of the ALL transition I think.
Old May 23, 2020, 5:58 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by sxc
I was platinum to the year ending 2019, and now gold. I don’t know why I got them - some quirk of the ALL transition I think.
You can see Amy's reply regarding the introduction of SNU's (click on the blue arrow next to her username and you can view the full post):

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
With the launch of ALL this year, all Platinum members without exception were granted some Suite Night Upgrades regardless of their annual activity, in recognition of their current status.

The members who won’t qualify to maintain their Platinum status in 2020 will nonetheless still be able to use their Suite Night Upgrade until the end of their validity period. But, on the other hand, the Suite Night Upgrade will not enable a Gold member to enjoy any other exclusive benefits of the Platinum status, such as the free lounge access for instance (except if this benefit is included in the rate booked)
jiunsoh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.