Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:04 am

I cancelled a non refundable stay in Hong Kong for March through the app (I was claiming on insurance) and to my surprise, the hotel emailed asking if I would like to have a refund.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:37 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Sofitel Singapore City Centre refuses to allow refunds on any reservations.... shameful. I understand the reservation was non-refundable but it's a bit nonsensical with the epidemic to be completely inflexible.
Thats pretty poor
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:01 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
The main thing is that Accor's coronavirus policy, from what I have seen, is only for hotels in the Greater China region or for travelers from China travelling abroad, as per its Weibo account announcements, the latest of which is:

https://www.weibo.com/2709616973/IrI...e&type=comment
雅高集团关于新型冠状病毒肺炎的退改保障政策:

即日起至2020年2月29日,对于已预付或已担保预订了雅高大中华区酒店的客人,若希望取消或更改行程, 可直接联系酒店,雅高酒店将协助更改预订推迟入住时间或取消并全额退款。从中国出发前往他国旅行的客人,可 直接联系雅高酒店取消并全额退款或修改订单。雅高将密切关注事态的发展并作出相关的响应。

[Google Translate] Accor Group's protection policy for new Coronavirus pneumonia: From now until February 29, 2020, for guests who have prepaid or guaranteed reservations for Accor Greater China hotels, if they wish to cancel or change their itinerary, they can contact the hotel directly , AccorHotels will assist in changing the booking for late check-in or cancellation and a full refund. Guests travelling from China to other countries can contact Accor Hotel directly to cancel and refund the full amount or modify the order. Accor will closely monitor the developments and respond accordingly.

Has there been an official announcement put up on the ALL website, as indicated by a member above? I haven't seen one. So, while disappointing that the Sofitel in Singapore is not honouring cancellation/refund requests, from my understanding, there is no policy from head office that would compel them to do so, unless that member is traveling from China to Singapore?

Of course, I understand travellers are reluctant to travel (at all), let alone to East Asia - so a wider refund/cancellation policy would allow travellers the peace of mind to consider travel to the region at a later date.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:12 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Accor's Sebastien Bazin discusses the company's response to the coronavirus

https://www.travelweekly.com/On-The-Record/Sebastien-Bazin-Accor
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:39 am
Accor 25+ Badge

While the outbreak is mostly centered in China there are a lot of traveler's plans are up in the air because airlines have curtailed flights to China and HKG, some other routes have seen changes too. As Accor is a global business and not everyone has Weibo a note on the website clearly stating the policy would be the least one should expect. Bazin's statement does not enlighten guests.
Maelstrom and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:10 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
As Accor is a global business and not everyone has Weibo a note on the website clearly stating the policy would be the least one should expect. Bazin's statement does not enlighten guests.
Agreed - official policy should be made available for viewing on the ALL website. A post on social media only reaches a very small percentage of clients.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by znsm
If there is a travel warning, isn't that what travel insurance is for?
My travel insurance company, Covermore will not cover cancellation costs for coronavirus
  • CANCELLATION AND OTHER RELEVANT SECTIONS OF THE POLICY: Cover for this event is excluded under other policy sections such as cancellation.
“We will not pay for claims caused by or arising from an Epidemic, Pandemic or outbreak of an infectious disease or any derivative or mutation of such viruses, or the threat or perceived threat of any of these.”
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:08 pm
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Further to you request, please find below the information displayed on the all.accor.com website.
The link (in english) can be found in a banner at the top of your screen or by clicking here.

Important information: Guests travelling to or from Greater China

Considering the recent cases of novel coronavirus, we are closely monitoring the situation and fully understand the concerns around traveling during this time.

Guests travelling to OR from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, China, Macau SAR, China or the Taiwan, China between 23 January and 29 February 2020 will be able to change or cancel a valid booking.

1. For guests who have booked directly with Accor via all.accor.com, the ALL app, global contact center or directly with one of our hotels AND

a. Reserved a flexible rate, can modify or cancel their reservations by:

i. Visiting all.accor.com and click “My bookings”

ii. Contact our global reservations center (please find the phone numbers below)

b. Reserved a non-flexible rate can modify or cancel their reservation by:

i. Contact our global reservations center (please find the phone numbers below)

2. For guests who booked through a travel agent, online booking platform or other third parties, please contact your booking provider directly for assistance.

We recommend that all travelers review guidance from the World Health Organization and follow any travel advice issued by their home countries

ASPAC

• Australia: 1300 656 565
  • China: 4 008 182 688
  • Hong Kong: 800 938 768
  • Indonesia: +62 (0)21 25 53 34 00
  • Japan: 034 455 6404
  • New Zealand: 0800 444 422
  • Singapore: 800 616 1367
  • South Korea: 00798 8521 2018
  • Taiwan: 0809 09 80 28
  • Thailand: +66 (0)2 659 28 77
  • UAE: 800 035 702 749

AMERICA

• Argentina: 00 800 2222 2267
  • Brazil: 0800 703 7000
  • Canada: 844 382 2267
  • US: 844 382 2267

EUROPE

• Austria: +43 (0) 1360 27 72000
  • Belgium (French): +32 (0)2 643 5002
  • Belgium (Nederlands): +32 (0)2 643 5000
  • France: 0800 200 258
  • Germany: +49 (0)69 95 30 75 95
  • Italy: +39 199 129 999
  • Netherland: +31 (0)20 65 45 730
  • Poland: 0801 606 606
  • Portugal: +351 (0)21 318 00 49
  • Russia: +7 (0)495 7059486
  • Spain: +34 (0)902 10 04 63
  • Switzerland: (+33) 146 624 440
  • Turkey: +90 (0)212 375 5215
  • UK: 800 026 38 08

OTHERS

• Other Countries: (+61) 1300 890 866

Please rest assured that your recent comments are being shared with the ALL team and that we stay at your disposal for any other questions you may have

With my best regards,
Amy
starflyergold and Maelstrom like this.

Last edited by AccorHotels Concierge; Feb 9, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:17 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Thanks AccorHotels Concierge . That's very useful.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
Cancelled a non-refundable booking in Taipei today. Emailed the hotel and got an almost instant positive reply to my refund request. Very good service, nice to be able to report something positive.
Annalisa12 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Abouttimetoo
Cancelled a non-refundable booking in Taipei today. Emailed the hotel and got an almost instant positive reply to my refund request. Very good service, nice to be able to report something positive.
Was your reservation for Feb or later? The wikipost says cancellations can be made for stays until Feb 29, but I have to cancel my trip to Hong Kong in early April. (United Airlines has waived change or cancellation fees through late April.)

Update: the accor website has been updated to include reservations through end of March.

Last edited by sfvoyage; Feb 16, 2020 at 7:49 pm Reason: update
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Sofitel Singapore City Centre refuses to allow refunds on any reservations.... shameful. I understand the reservation was non-refundable but it's a bit nonsensical with the epidemic to be completely inflexible.
So just pass this on to your travel insurance provider, though I would understand if they refuse a refund purely on the basis of Corona virus.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Abouttimetoo
I had not read this thread or that you could e mail, but I also cancelled a non-refundable booking in Taipei for Feb 29th. Called the main Accor reservation number yesterday and they patched me through to the hotel as it had to be done by the hotel (seems strange to me, why have a central reservation system then?) Talked to them for a few minutes and they said someone would call me at 9am Taipei time the next day. claiming their reservation system was down or had some IT issue.

Today they called me back and said the refund would be processed in aprox 7 days.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:27 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mapleg
I had not read this thread or that you could e mail, but I also cancelled a non-refundable booking in Taipei for Feb 29th. Called the main Accor reservation number yesterday and they patched me through to the hotel as it had to be done by the hotel (seems strange to me, why have a central reservation system then?)
Because prepayment is taken by the hotel itself, so the hotel needs to approve and process refunds.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Because prepayment is taken by the hotel itself, so the hotel needs to approve and process refunds.
Surely reservations central could just e mail or contact the hotel behind the scenes and take care of it. I mean you book on line, why not refund on line?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.