FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:01 am
Maelstrom

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
The main thing is that Accor's coronavirus policy, from what I have seen, is only for hotels in the Greater China region or for travelers from China travelling abroad, as per its Weibo account announcements, the latest of which is:

https://www.weibo.com/2709616973/IrI...e&type=comment
雅高集团关于新型冠状病毒肺炎的退改保障政策:

即日起至2020年2月29日,对于已预付或已担保预订了雅高大中华区酒店的客人,若希望取消或更改行程, 可直接联系酒店,雅高酒店将协助更改预订推迟入住时间或取消并全额退款。从中国出发前往他国旅行的客人,可 直接联系雅高酒店取消并全额退款或修改订单。雅高将密切关注事态的发展并作出相关的响应。

[Google Translate] Accor Group's protection policy for new Coronavirus pneumonia: From now until February 29, 2020, for guests who have prepaid or guaranteed reservations for Accor Greater China hotels, if they wish to cancel or change their itinerary, they can contact the hotel directly , AccorHotels will assist in changing the booking for late check-in or cancellation and a full refund. Guests travelling from China to other countries can contact Accor Hotel directly to cancel and refund the full amount or modify the order. Accor will closely monitor the developments and respond accordingly.

Has there been an official announcement put up on the ALL website, as indicated by a member above? I haven't seen one. So, while disappointing that the Sofitel in Singapore is not honouring cancellation/refund requests, from my understanding, there is no policy from head office that would compel them to do so, unless that member is traveling from China to Singapore?

Of course, I understand travellers are reluctant to travel (at all), let alone to East Asia - so a wider refund/cancellation policy would allow travellers the peace of mind to consider travel to the region at a later date.