Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 8:25 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Hopefully this gets merged with the other thread - I'm not sure why a new one was necessary.

Accor's policy on the coronavirus does state it covers valid bookings if the guest is travelling to or from Greater China (as was your original plan), however the current end date for the policy is only until March. However, there is always the chance this policy's dates get extended as the situation continues.

Did you take out travel insurance when you made the booking? And if so, does it cover outbreaks and epidemics?
starflyergold likes this.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Feb 20, 2020 at 6:55 am
Old Feb 19, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Did take out travel insurance - but Chase won’t cover Coronavirus
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:50 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Maelstrom

Accor's policy on the coronavirus does state it covers valid bookings if the guest is travelling to or from Greater China (as was your original plan), however the current end date for the policy is only until March. However, there is always the chance this police's dates get extended as the situation continues.
I'd say it is highly likely that the time frame will be extended. I'd wait a couple of days and contact customer service again and get a refund.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:37 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Accor has closed 200 hôtels to booking
https://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/cor...chine-20200220

Last edited by nrouxel; Feb 23, 2020 at 1:58 pm
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Was your reservation for Feb or later?
Sorry not to have replied sooner, yes the booking was for mid Feb (last week) so the refund was in line with the existing waiver, but that doesn't always mean things get handled so simply as they were.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:21 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Something Accor may wish to consider:

Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), Hilton and Marriott International are all offering membership tier and points status extensions for their members from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan whose travel plans have been affected by the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak in the region.
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...china-members/
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I did cancel a prepaid booking in Beijing, confirmed directly with hotel via email that refund will post in 40 days. I hope that actually happens.

Has anyone been successful with Singapore cancellations?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
We were supposed to go to Milan this weekend with prepaid fare.
Called the reservation centre and was announced we would be offered a voucher to use until the end of the year.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: MilleMiglia, Etihad Guest, Le Club AccorHotels
I was supposed to go to Venice, Veneto Region (Italy) March 6th for a weekend trip with my 65+ aged parents. The trip had been planned 6 months in advance and MGallery Hotel Papadopoli Venezia was booked on Black Friday Deal (-40% off, prepaid, non-refundable). Today I got in touch both with Air Serbia (by mail - the response was that due to Coronavirus they are to waive change fees but the ticket has to be used before September 20th) and Accor by twitter - the response was promising "Thank you for contacting ALL Accor Live Limitless Customer Care and for providing me with the details of your booking. Firstly please know that I regret to hear of any concerns you may be facing however in regard to your booking inquiry, we would kindly need you to contact the hotel directly as here at Customer Care we are unable to provide such assistance when it comes to non-flexible bookings. A member of our front-desk or reservation team will be glad to assist upon contacting the hotel".

However, the response from the hotel was - the city is not under quarantine, museums, and St. Mark Basilica are closed for the time being until March 1st, so let us see what happens after that day.

Just to note that my initial e-mail stated that I am more than willing to have rebooked for another date during the year and if that does not work out, then go for a refund (partial or full).
Any tips? Should I address my issue to Accor Global Reservations Center on March 2nd?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:04 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by darusazrs

Any tips? Should I address my issue to Accor Global Reservations Center on March 2nd?
Don't give up. I would try again and use various channels. The situation in Italy is fast moving and I think Accor is behind current developments. If they want happy customers restrictive waivers are not helping.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:51 am

Programs: MilleMiglia, Etihad Guest, Le Club AccorHotels
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Don't give up. I would try again and use various channels. The situation in Italy is fast moving and I think Accor is behind current developments. If they want happy customers restrictive waivers are not helping.
Thanks. This morning I got in touch with general manager, but he simply directed me to the reservations department (for the 2nd time).
I think I will call all contact centre.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Something Accor may wish to consider:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...china-members/
According to Loyalty Lobby .... "As the coronavirus is starting to spread around the world from its base in Wuhan, China, many hotel loyalty programs have already released their elite status waivers for 2020 (and Accor’s is in the works)."

This is good news.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Coronavirus in Palermo: "Mercure hotel guests diverted to other facilities"
https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronac...249542839/amp/
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Originally Posted by TonyHe
We were supposed to go to Milan this weekend with prepaid fare.
Called the reservation centre and was announced we would be offered a voucher to use until the end of the year.
They finally wrote to us and will process to the full refund.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by znsm
If there is a travel warning, isn't that what travel insurance is for?
Many travel insurance policies explicitly preclude pandemic/epidemic events from their coverage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.