Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:45 am

What ever they said is not that important: 24th of march : ALL HOTELS IN SPAIN WILL CLOSED. This is the law, even in Barcelona.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I would like to, but I don't know who to contact. I also don't speak Spanish. So if there's anybody who can help me with reporting the Barcelona Ibis to the Spanish authorities, I'd be very grateful.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:33 am

You know what I can't believe? that the world is dealing with such a terrible disease and we are all here on the forum hoping for Accor to change their policy. Why can't they make it easy for us? Do they think anyone will be their customer after this? I'm just so mentally tired having to check emails, forums, twitter, Facebook and Accor's website for a change in policy when everyone else who I bought a service from refunded the money instantly. I'm just frustrated and disgusted by their approach.

I hope people will remember this before thinking of booking with them again in the future.
desafinado74 and Drifter47 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:20 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
The Australian government has told Australians to cancel any non essential travel, including domestic travel ones. And yet, Sofitel Darling Harbour Sydney (And probably other Accor properties in Australia) have not updated their cancellation policy. Absolutely shocking. Will be staying more with Marriott, Hilton and IHG properties from now on.

And i have launched a dispute with my credit card company over Sofitel Darling Harbour's refusal to offer a refund.
Stacycrow likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
For hotels in Australia, Cambodia, Greater China (including mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan, China), Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore, The Philippines and Vietnam:

• Guests scheduled to arrive prior to April 30, 2020 may cancel their reservation and be refunded without penalty.

Accor’s policy is inconsistent and frankly, mean. I’m glad I left Accor. I was due to have my last ever Accor stay in Bangkok on 29th April. Looking at the countries above, eg Cambodia, they are only restricting a few countries whereas Thailand isn’t even in the list for free cancellations despite there being the requirement of a certificate that you haven’t got Covid-19. Also it shouldn’t be where the hotel is relocated but also where the guest is coming from. I’d require 14 days quarantine if I go to Thailand and 14 days home quarantine upon return. Why can’t Accor have a reasonable policy? 28 days’ quarantine (and a certificate) for a 1-night stay. Ridiculous.
Goldorak and wkndtraveler like this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by ches50
What ever they said is not that important: 24th of march : ALL HOTELS IN SPAIN WILL CLOSED. This is the law, even in Barcelona.
Just tried some dummy bookings - March and early May 2020 - with Spanish hotels from Accor ( and others ). Some not allowing bookings, some extremely expensive ( 1000€ night ), and some available. I would think that some hotels have updated the booking database, and some have not, and maybe one or two are going to run the risk......
Old Mar 22, 2020, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by hotel_user
some extremely expensive ( 1000€ night )
Its only fair that the guest makes a contribution to the hefty fine that the hotel will have to pay
chrism20 and hotel_user like this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I am posting here as it is Coronavirus-related (I think). Moderators, please move this post if appropriate.
I have a booking at Sofitel NY for end May. Of course, I am not sure at all I'll be able to go for the reasons you all know, but as it is a full flex booking, there is no urgency to cancel it. I will see how the situation evolves + the conditions of entry in the US for Europeans & availability of flights. When I booked, the rates were atrocious, as always in NY (and the Sofitel was even cheaper than Novotel) and, by curiosity (and being bored to be stuck at home all day long ), I looked at the rates, hoping to see a decrease. Searching on Accor site, the Hudson (not ALL-participating) and the Fairmont Plaza were proposed but Novotel, Sofitel and Ibis Style La Guardia were shown as non available. I was of course surprised of this with the virus crisis. With a few more investigations, those 3 hotels are totally unavailable from now and the 1st date available is Monday June 1st. Could it be that those 3 hotels are closed until 31st May ? There is no mention at all on the individual pages of those 3 hotels. I can't believe a second that they all all full during this period. If they are closed, it is interesting that I have not been notified having a confirmed booking made directly with Accor.
Any ideas/information guys ?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is from the Accor corporate website, about the covid-19 :

You will notice the "all of its hotels". Obviously, the instructions may have been lost by the Post office for many hotels
starflyergold and Drifter47 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Where is this shown?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I am posting here as it is Coronavirus-related (I think). Moderators, please move this post if appropriate.
I have a booking at Sofitel NY for end May. Of course, I am not sure at all I'll be able to go for the reasons you all know, but as it is a full flex booking, there is no urgency to cancel it. I will see how the situation evolves + the conditions of entry in the US for Europeans & availability of flights. When I booked, the rates were atrocious, as always in NY (and the Sofitel was even cheaper than Novotel) and, by curiosity (and being bored to be stuck at home all day long ), I looked at the rates, hoping to see a decrease. Searching on Accor site, the Hudson (not ALL-participating) and the Fairmont Plaza were proposed but Novotel, Sofitel and Ibis Style La Guardia were shown as non available. I was of course surprised of this with the virus crisis. With a few more investigations, those 3 hotels are totally unavailable from now and the 1st date available is Monday June 1st. Could it be that those 3 hotels are closed until 31st May ? There is no mention at all on the individual pages of those 3 hotels. I can't believe a second that they all all full during this period. If they are closed, it is interesting that I have not been notified having a confirmed booking made directly with Accor.
A lot of hotels have closed, here in Brussels the two Sofitels are closed, a few Ibises are still available. With close to zero occupancy it makes no sense to keep them open. Rather than accepting bookings in the near future I presume they would rather not want the hassle of cancellations. I'd be surprised if this will be over by May.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:05 am

Share your view of their policy, politely of course with Accor's Chairman & CEO M.Sebastien Bazin at[email protected] Below is his bio.

After five years working in several financial positions in New York, San Francisco and London, Sébastien Bazin was appointed CEO of Hottinguer Rivaud Finances, an investment bank, in 1990, and then CEO of L’Immobilière Hôtelière, a hotel developer in France, in 1992. In 1997, he moved to Colony Capital, a private real estate investment firm, to head up its European branch and lead several acquisitions, principally in the hospitality sector (Générale des Eaux, Club Méditerranée, Lucien Barrière, Fairmont & Raffles, Buffalo Grill, Château Lascombes, Stadia Consulting and others).

He joined Accor’s Board of Directors in 2005 and, via Colony Capital, became a Paris Saint-Germain shareholder in 2006 and the club’s Chairman in 2009.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:12 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
For some hotels, you can find the information about closure but not easily :

Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This is from the Accor corporate website, about the covid-19 :

You will notice the "all of its hotels". Obviously, the instructions may have been lost by the Post office for many hotels
And yet its customer facing website retains the restrictive waiver. Again no coordination.....

The Accor Group notice can be found here: https://group.accor.com/en/Actualite...-and-wellbeing
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by starflyergold; Mar 22, 2020 at 4:18 am
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by starflyergold
And yet its customer facing website retains the restrictive waiver. Again no coordination.....

The Accor Group notice can be found here: https://group.accor.com/en/Actualite...-and-wellbeing
Accor has also advised all of its hotels to adopt flexible conditions in terms of cancellation or modifications for travelers with new or existing bookings through April 30, 2020. Accor continues to monitor the situation closely and will provide additional guidance and updates to its hotels as the situation evolves.

That’s the problem. They are advising, not compelling hotels to offer free cancellations according to the statement above. They are ducking their responsibility. Members will remember this after this is all over and as I’ve seen above, they’ll make their choices to move to other chains.
chrism20, cowism and hotel_user like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.