FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:47 pm
yorkboy24

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
For hotels in Australia, Cambodia, Greater China (including mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan, China), Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore, The Philippines and Vietnam:

• Guests scheduled to arrive prior to April 30, 2020 may cancel their reservation and be refunded without penalty.

Accor’s policy is inconsistent and frankly, mean. I’m glad I left Accor. I was due to have my last ever Accor stay in Bangkok on 29th April. Looking at the countries above, eg Cambodia, they are only restricting a few countries whereas Thailand isn’t even in the list for free cancellations despite there being the requirement of a certificate that you haven’t got Covid-19. Also it shouldn’t be where the hotel is relocated but also where the guest is coming from. I’d require 14 days quarantine if I go to Thailand and 14 days home quarantine upon return. Why can’t Accor have a reasonable policy? 28 days’ quarantine (and a certificate) for a 1-night stay. Ridiculous.