FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:11 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I am posting here as it is Coronavirus-related (I think). Moderators, please move this post if appropriate.
I have a booking at Sofitel NY for end May. Of course, I am not sure at all I'll be able to go for the reasons you all know, but as it is a full flex booking, there is no urgency to cancel it. I will see how the situation evolves + the conditions of entry in the US for Europeans & availability of flights. When I booked, the rates were atrocious, as always in NY (and the Sofitel was even cheaper than Novotel) and, by curiosity (and being bored to be stuck at home all day long ), I looked at the rates, hoping to see a decrease. Searching on Accor site, the Hudson (not ALL-participating) and the Fairmont Plaza were proposed but Novotel, Sofitel and Ibis Style La Guardia were shown as non available. I was of course surprised of this with the virus crisis. With a few more investigations, those 3 hotels are totally unavailable from now and the 1st date available is Monday June 1st. Could it be that those 3 hotels are closed until 31st May ? There is no mention at all on the individual pages of those 3 hotels. I can't believe a second that they all all full during this period. If they are closed, it is interesting that I have not been notified having a confirmed booking made directly with Accor.
Any ideas/information guys ?