Search

Review Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:57 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Review Novotel Singapore Clark Quay

It was from the hotel.
"courtesy bonus: sofitel Brussels Le louise" 1000 points.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:06 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
5000 points indeed sounds very generous amount of courtesy points. I have received between 200 and 500 points, sometimes from HQ, sometimes from hotels.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Were they granted by the hotel or by Accor HQ customer service ?
From the hotel, Pullman Brisbane
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by RJ77
The shower will flood the bathroom, it's a design issue and the switch for rainshower/hand held shower, you really have to yank it to "switch", it's a pain I've come to accept.
It seems that I'm not the only one to have faced those problems
But unbelievable that they can't solve that. Shouldn't be too hard.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:20 am

i also experienced an unpleasant experience. booked the suite and the inroom jacuzzi failed to work, then i gave up. in the end, i was given upgrade coupon which i used for the next visit without lounge benefits. the only saving grace is the lounge as even the fitness room and swimming pool is bleah.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:09 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Interesting to read about people's negative experiences. We're going to be at this hotel next month, having chosen it over the Sofitel because of poor reviews of that property...

I'll report back if it's still possible to write a simple short review without being forced to choose between "recommend" and "not recommend".
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
I stayed at the Novotel for 2 nights also during the haze. Had booked a Superior room, a few days before my arrival I got an email to upgrade. Selected one room up which was free due to status.
At the hotel they did nothing for a loyal visitor. I showed my card to hint the guy behind the check in desk but eventually no upgrade, no drinks and no fruit/chocolates in the room. When in my room I checked for room availability and all types of rooms were available.
Later on when I walked past the check in desk and started to chat with a "staff member"(edit) whom sat behind the desk opposite the check in. She only just moved back to Singapore after working in other hotels (details removed). We talked about not getting any advantages and she told me that the staff in Singapore deliberately does not live up to the Accor program. Then she briefly paused and said "it's better that I'd not go into the details".
She gave me a drink voucher after that.

Other staff members (especially the lady at the breakfast desk) are clearly not having fun at their job, after 2 night you start to feel just as depressed as the staff there.

I also had the same issues with the shower. And during the night my air con gave up, it had to do with the centralized control system I was told. Issue was solved during the day but the maintenance guy did not clean up after and even left his tools in the room.

One last thing, I asked for the invoice at checkout, was told that because the room was pre-paid I had to get it from my travel agent that booked the room. I booked the room on the Accor website…. Told him that (and the guy next to him) and his replay was that it was not possible because I did not pay in the hotel. Eventually he asked another colleague whom also told me it was not possible but eventually they gave in and printed the invoice. Very strange.

Last edited by Brendan88; Nov 9, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:14 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan88
after 2 night you start to feel just as depressed as the staff there.
Oh dear. I'm looking forward to my stay less and less... At least it sounds as though I'll be able to do the forum a small service by reporting how they treat a mere Gold () member who's only booked a standard room...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:48 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Brendan88
started to chat with a lady
There's enough information in your post to get someone into trouble. My suggestion is to remove the critical parts. Just leave it as "..started to chat with a staff member.." - the other personal details of that staff aren't important.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
And still no answer from the F.O. manager to my e-mail in which I was clearly saying that I was awaiting for a response
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
I had a perfectly fine stay there, one night, two weekends ago.

Room upgrade was not exactly a suite but it was a step up from what I booked; lounge was fine; staff were friendly as I've always found them. Got drinks voucher, got lounge access, got better room - enough for me not to gripe.

Shower was fine, too

The only ridiculous thing was that they emailed me the guest folio, as I expected - but it didn't have any actual amounts in it.

I usually stay in the Grand Mercure Roxy, where recognition is a bit better (as is the pool). But the location is a mixed blessing.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
Oh dear. I'm looking forward to my stay less and less... At least it sounds as though I'll be able to do the forum a small service by reporting how they treat a mere Gold () member who's only booked a standard room...
But the good thing is, I assume you are not there for the hotel but the city or work. The location of the hotel is good. And the rooms are not bad at all. Most rooms in hotels have minor issues. At least a lot better then where I stayed last night (hotel in Gabes, Tunisia, even though you take a soap block out of the box your clearly not the first user of it and many other hygienic issues).

My wife and i enjoyed Singapore but next time I'll try the Marina Bay Sands.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
And still no answer from the F.O. manager to my e-mail in which I was clearly saying that I was awaiting for a response
I finally got an answer today. They doubled the number of points I earned. Not a lot since it was a one-night stay, but always an appreciated gesture (even if it should have come up-front).

Dear Mr. Goldorak,
Following up to my previous email regarding to your recent stay with us on Xth – Xth October, I would like to once again express my sincere apology for the experience that you had.
Your patience and kind understanding is greatly appreciated.

Along with that I would like to offer you a double-up of Le Club points in addition to what you have already earned for the stay; as follow :
(...)

Kindly accept this as our gesture of goodwill and our appreciation for your loyalty

Please login to your account to check for the updated points via www.accorhotels.com .
I hope this email finds you well, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for further assistance.
Thank you and have a pleasant day.
Warm Regards
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by IMH
Al least, with this thread, you know what to be vigilant about and so you can react accordingly to love quickly any issue you may encounter. Please report your experience here
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:38 am

I stayed here in July and enjoyed it. It's good for a Novotel though I did prefer So Sofitel when I stayed there a week later.

Location is good, staff super friendly, lounge is exceptional (though small) for a Novotel, rooms were fine and no leaking shower for me 😃

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.