Wiki Posts
Search

Review Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:11 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
can lounge access be expected by booking lowest tier room ?
A Gold member booking the lowest category of room should never expect lounge access (here or at any other Accor property).

Reports here make it clear that this particular Novotel did not give Platinum members lounge access before the rules required them to do so.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
A Gold member booking the lowest category of room should never expect lounge access (here or at any other Accor property).

Reports here make it clear that this particular Novotel did not give Platinum members lounge access before the rules required them to do so.
thanks, what if booking the tier below Club Room ? Believe it's called Executive Room. Should that be grant lounge access for Gold ?

Just from experience, as Gold have been granted Lounge access at Pullman Bangsar and Pullman Putrajaya (although PP lounge is just a sitting area with no F&B )
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
Correct. Stayed there 1st before the rules change (2013) and didn't have lounge access.

Originally Posted by wantan
thanks, what if booking the tier below Club Room ? Believe it's called Executive Room. Should that be grant lounge access for Gold ?

Just from experience, as Gold have been granted Lounge access at Pullman Bangsar and Pullman Putrajaya (although PP lounge is just a sitting area with no F&B )
They can upgrade you to the next room type but without giving you lounge access. It will be up to them. They are not obliged as per program rules.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: QF WP
For gold, lounge access (if any) has the same rule as everyone else in lower tiers. Any exceptions would be at the hotel's discretion, and/or get upgraded to a room that include lounge access which is also given. As mentioned above, it's possible to get upgraded to a club-level room but without lounge access. Some hotels even sell them as separate categories. Upgrades are also done if rooms are "available" (i.e. hotel willing). If getting into a lounge is important for you, then you should book the relevant room.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Don't bet on getting lounge access even when you're upgraded to executive club floor as a Gold. It never happened to me when I was a Plat. before the enforcement of Plat benefits. The only safe way is to book a club floor room.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:57 pm

few times stay here, looks like i don't have luck with Novotel singapore, during check in, all the staff just simply do their job, i don't have feel "welcome" feeling to stay in hotel
only during breakfast, the staff better during check in.
they upgrade my room to club floor as a gold, but not lounge access.... no choice, wait till get platinum.....if not because the location, i rather stay other hotels.. waiting opening new hotel in June'16
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:49 pm
Suspended

I've stayed at Novotel SG Clarke Quay once during a seminar i attended, but didn't experience anything bad at all. Sorry that you had to, maybe they could make it up to you.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:54 am
IMH

We recently stayed here for the second time and were once again very happy with the property and our treatment. This was a two night stay in December 2016, with Platinum status.

We booked a queen bed standard room and were upgraded to a king bed "Premier" room on the 24th floor. The lounge was great for our needs, as before, and we used the drinks voucher for two small beers in the lobby bar.

Our room was ready when we checked in at 13:30 and we were granted a late afternoon check out on our last day.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Just had a stay there over the Xmas weekend.

Plus points
Lounge is very nice with generous snacks during cocktail hours
Staff at the lounge are pleasant. They even offered us a takeaway Mug for our tea to be enjoyed in our room. Same goes for bar staff.
Nice location and view if you are Bay facing
Dedicated check in counter for lcah members
Good selection of tv channels

Negatives
Upgrade not proactively given, with the excuse of full occupancy the next day since I requested for a 4pm checkout. In the end, settled for an upgrade with a 1pm checkout. Felt they should have explained it.
Rooms are Dated like those in the early 2000s.
Main restaurant was a zoo for breakfast. Food quality was only soso.

Finally, the breaking point was that Housekeeping barged into the room to do PEST CONTROL! There was one ring to the door, and just when I just reached the door, the door opened, with one pest controller and one member of staff. I cannot imagine if I was sleeping and they barged in. I lodged a complaint to the duty manager who apologised.

Overall, hotel was a mixed bag like the Accor hotels in SG.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:10 am
IMH

After a disappointing stay at the Sofitel CC last year we returned to the Novotel Clarke Quay earlier this month. It was our fifth (possibly sixth) stay at the property; five nights with Platinum status.

We arrived early in the evening and check in was completed in the 7th floor lobby because the receptionist felt this would be faster than a lounge check in during “happy hour”. Our standard queen room was upgraded to a “premier king” on the 22nd floor. We were given a welcome note and a drinks voucher. There was no welcome amenity in our room and we didn’t experience any other “VIP treatment”.

The lounge has gone downhill. We visited once for breakfast and were surprised at the limited options. We twice dropped by for afternoon coffee and were similarly disappointed: a very small selection of cakes/desserts (four or five different items) and no cake forks, saucers or espresso cups until we asked. Lounge staff busied themselves with paperwork while tables were left uncleared and stocks could have been replenished.

Our room and bathroom were in fair shape, with the bathroom apparently having been renovated in the last year or two. There was a problem with linen, however: a sheet, a pillowcase and a washcloth were all frayed to the point of having open holes.

Our request for late check out (16:00) was granted without any fuss.

We’ll probably return, as the location works for us and the price is usually fair, but with substantially lowered expectations. We would certainly not pay any kind of premium for lounge access.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:36 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This hotel will become a Moxy (date tbc).

See: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31761920-post34.html
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:09 am
IMH

If the change had been announced a couple of years ago I'd have been disappointed. But after our most recent stay it's clearly no loss and gives us an additional reason to try the Swissôtel Merchant Court across the river, especially after Goldorak's recent positive review here.
Goldorak and gilbertaue like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The building of the former Novotel Clarke Quay has been totally destroyed. Construction on-going.

I think it's now time to closed this thread...
BinSabai and IMH like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:09 am
IMH

Goldorak and I have apparently been walking similar routes and taking similar photos:

We'll miss this one. Sigh.
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by IMH; Nov 13, 2022 at 7:22 am
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
We'll miss this one. Sigh.
I'l miss the lounge and the many staff, who knew me personally as I stayed there dozens of times....
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.