Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for this fantastic review cocoleolol ^
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you for this great review full of pictures. You had the same room category as me and those ar great. As explained in my own review, I agree with you for the main restaurant : the service is so-so. I don't know if they are not enough people to take care of everybody or if it's just lack of training but this is an area of improvement in this (nice) hotel.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:27 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by nagoyatriangle
Great review, cocoleolol. I just stayed at Pullman Khao Lak for Songkran, and should take the time to write a comprehensive review as well as I don't believe this forum has one yet. I'll definitely be trying this one next!
I really look forward to your review. I've always wanted to stay there but the 1 hour transfer from the Airport definitely discourages me. Perhaps if its good enough, I might consider
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:30 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thank you for this great review full of pictures. You had the same room category as me and those ar great. As explained in my own review, I agree with you for the main restaurant : the service is so-so. I don't know if they are not enough people to take care of everybody or if it's just lack of training but this is an area of improvement in this (nice) hotel.
Well, as what Brett told me, Thai hospitality is great. Even if they do a mistake, its never intentional. Service is so-so, but if you make a fuss, they will definitely do a service recovery. I felt that perhaps its a resort, they might be alittle laid back.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:44 pm

Any restaurants or spa near the hotel? Looks like a good place to just relax.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tboons
Any restaurants or spa near the hotel? Looks like a good place to just relax.
Naithon Beach is rather quite, but there are a couple of local restaurants and massage shops within 5 to 10 minutes walk.

Opposite hotel there is a small convenient store, a simple thai restaurant and a massage shop.

Imho it was more tiring to go down from lobby to the street than from the entrance at the street to the restaurants nearby
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
We stayed at Pullman Arcadia Naithon Beach last month for a weekend. Booked Grand Deluxe room and got upgraded to Ocean Grand. Nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff, got what I expected. Imho hotel is not recommended to hampered people or if you need wheelchair

Last edited by olisch; Apr 19, 2016 at 10:28 pm
Old Apr 22, 2016, 5:58 pm

Do they give breakfast for platinum member?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Read from previous post that Pullman is building a club lounge. If anyone know if the club lounge is ready for this resort by 2017?

No information on the official website regards to club benefits or club access.

From what I know, novotel vintage Phuket & grand mercure phuket patong do have a "Le Club Club Lounge" & "Grand Mercure Club Lounge"
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:40 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by IzoukI
Read from previous post that Pullman is building a club lounge. If anyone know if the club lounge is ready for this resort by 2017?

No information on the official website regards to club benefits or club access.

From what I know, novotel vintage Phuket & grand mercure phuket patong do have a "Le Club Club Lounge" & "Grand Mercure Club Lounge"
Email the hotel and ask for management to reply you. From what I heard from my last trip, they were aiming for 2017. But it could have been changed due to delays
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:17 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Map| 4 Reviews | 100% Recommended

22/2 Moo 4 Sa Khu, TH 83110

Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach (44 Photos)

Alors, finally I am getting around to my review. It is difficult to follow such luminaries of the Le Club forum who already reviewed this very nice hotel but I will give it a try.

Overall this is a stunning hotel and well worth a visit. That said it is not without issues to which I will return throughout the review.

I stayed six nights in three different rooms (the things I do to review hotels for you lol) and viewed a fourth.

Check In

I had arranged with the hotel transport from the airport. This worked swimmingly and a short hope (15-20 minutes) later and I arrived at the hotel. Check in was conducted at the Le Club desk.

In advance I was told that they would upgrade me from Ocean room to Ocean Grande. Yet at check in I was told that no upgrade was possible as they were full. Not the welcome you would like. I asked to speak to a manager and was told to wait in the "connectivity lounge". Before you get excited this is a sort of business centre with computers and a skype room and not an executive lounge. I was left waiting there for 25 minutes before an "experience manager" showed up.  I explained that starting off with a lie (of course rooms were available) was not a good start. She apologised and offered to show me an upgrade room (Ocean Grande and the room I had booked).

Off we went in one of the small cars that ferry guests across this extensive hilly resort.

1_IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

Room

Let me explain the number of rooms I viewed and stayed:

I had booked an Ocean room (I stayed at 2 different ones), I viewed a potential upgrade to an Ocean Grand room and I stayed at a Pool Villa. Why you ask? Well the potential upgrade Ocean Grand was nice but it was up hill set back from the water edge, having dismissed this I settled on the Ocean room I had booked. This was in the coveted block 3 (cocoleolol is absolutely right, go for this)  which sits right at the sea and offers fantastic views. The room is marginally smaller than the Ocean Grand but makes up for it with fantastic views. This room had a dual aspect balcony being a corner room.

Ocean room (Block 3)

IMG_6023.JPG

IMG_6025.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

The room is a good size with a massive bed. It features a mini bar (soft drinks free), Nespresso machine (the 2 capsule limit is laughable), bathtub and shower. The balcony had a day bed and two chairs and table. Wifi is of course free and had decent speeds.

Some in room amenities:

IMG_6048.JPG

IMG_6049.JPG

All in all this was a great room, wonderful views and right next to the main building and pool which meant that you did not have to walk far or walk up and down hills or request the car. In my view this is better than the ocean Grand which is a bit further back.

Ocean Grand:

IMG_6062.JPG

Now onto the second room I stayed in: the Pool Villa. Management very very kind to offer me a stay in a pool villa which unfortunately was only available for 2 nights but I was not going to let this pass me by. Before everyone gets excited about upgrade opportunities I should say that they upgrade if they have the space but there are only a few of these so keep that in mind if you really want to stay in one of those. 

This villa was the largest they have, it is actually two buildings, the master villa and another building for teenage kids or friends (not suitable for small kids).

IMG_6095.JPG

IMG_6083.JPG

IMG_6082.JPG

IMG_6084.JPG

1_IMG_6092.JPG

IMG_6085.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6088.JPG

IMG_6086.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

IMG_6092.JPG

Upgraded mini-bar (full bottles are running €100)

IMG_6090.JPG

Wine fridge and mini bar (only soft drinks are free lol)

IMG_6091.JPG

What can I say, this is a fantastic villa. Located directly at the water it offers fantastic views and is extremely luxurious without being OTT. The pool runs around the entire front part of the building. It also features an outdoor shower and an outdoor/indoor bathtub.

In high season they run about €800/night.

My last night at the hotel was back in an Ocean room but this time in block 2 which is closer to the beach and bit further back from the water. The view was not as stunning as block 3, especially since there had been some clearing been done which made the outside look messy.

IMG_6117.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_6119.JPG

Service

Service throughout was excellent (ignore the initial hickup). Staff were very friendly and efficient. I had several talks with the GM (who hosts a weekly drinks reception) and the Director of operations who could not go more out of his way to make my stay comfortable. Superb!

Dining

You are being spoilt when it comes to food at this hotel. There are two main restaurants: the main restaurant which serves Asian and Western food and an Italian one. I only ate at the main restaurant (I did not come to Thailand from Europe to eat Italian). 

The main restaurant is also where breakfast is served. For dinner I would recommend the once weekly Thai buffet which is amazing. They also do a weekly seafood buffet which looked great if you are into seafood (which I am not).

Room service is also available.

IMG_6123.JPG

IMG_6124.JPG

IMG_6122.JPG

IMG_6121.JPG

I had received a resort card at check in which allowed for a 20% discount at all food/beverage outlets in the resort. I am not sure if this was due to the room booking or elite status but still it was handy.

The hotel also has a deli which makes fresh sandwiches and sells ice cream and drinks.

IMG_6056.JPG

As mentioned before the hotel is close to the airport which makes it more convenient than the other Pullman in Phuket.

As others have mentioned it is set on a small hill with steep inclines to the buildings further back, keep that in mind if you are mobility impared (though they provide transport).

Resort pictures

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6065.JPG

IMG_6067.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

Wedding set up.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Lounge

An update on the lounge question. This hotel does not currently have a lounge but they are planning one which should be ready by the end of 2017. It will be located next to/under block 3 (where the wedding picture was taken). The plan is for block 3 to turn into an executive room building.

Overall

Overall this is an excellent hotel. Great rooms and great service. A credit to the Accor portfolio. A special thanks to the management for making my stay wonderful.

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:32 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Wonderful review starflyergold! OK, I'm convinced. Sure my ladies will enjoy the villa - my pocket won't

I wonder what the idea is behind the capsules.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:39 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Excellent review starflyergold Well, this is one time you should have declined an upgrade and stick to Block 3. Hahaha, oh well, it looks they are starting to revamp the hotel. BTW, did you ask about he Exec lounge they were 'planning' to build?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:17 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
BTW, did you ask about he Exec lounge they were 'planning' to build?
See the end of my review
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:43 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
In advance I was told that they would upgrade me from Ocean room to Ocean Grande. Yet at check in I was told that no upgrade was possible as they were full. Not the welcome you would like. I asked to speak to a manager and was told to wait in the "connectivity lounge". Before you get excited this is a sort of business centre with computers and a skype room and not an executive lounge. I was left waiting there for 25 minutes before an "experience manager" showed up. I explained that starting off with a lie (of course rooms were available) was not a good start.
I really don't understand what these kind of check-in agents are thinking to achieve with that attitude. Hope they offered you at least something to drink while you were waiting for the manager to show up.

Anyway, excellent service recovery and amazing looking resort. Thank you for the review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.