Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Up to 2000 easy points for Facebook contest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 2000 easy points for Facebook contest

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I've just tried the game for this week. It didn't work for me in Firefox (I got a certificate error), but was able to use it from Chrome. I managed the full 10/10, so perhaps they have fixed the map problem from earlier this morning?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Another heads up. Florianapolis seems to be in the right place far south in Brasil, however Buenos Aires/EZE is located wrong and put far up north in Brasil. Those using the elimination method and studying the map very carefully will get it right, however as its basic knowledge that Florianapolis is abit north of EZE, all intuition will lead you to mix those up.

What will Accor do? Fix the bug and place EXE correctly? If not, and also for those early players, will Accor adjust earnings?

I plan to play today using the wrong location for EZE, as I know that will give the "right" answer. Will I then risk that those points later will be deducted.

Can lurker please clarify quickly, clearly and concisely please.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
anybody already got their first points? still waiting here...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: MUCCI
This is a farce. I know of family members who could not enter the game (login problem on the game form) all weekend - an entry for week 1 (Despite this being within the entry period for week 1 in the rules).

Now they can enter fine on Monday morning - after the new game (week 2) is launched.

However week 2 has a mistake in it, so they only get 400 points, not 500. And nothing for week 1. This is a complete farce.

Accor, why not allow thouse people who entered this morning while the map had a mistake to have their entries removed from the database, that way they can enter again now it has been fixed.

Also, what about thouse people unable to enter at the weekend due to the form not liking them? (It did not matter what browser was used.)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:54 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It goes to show that these FB hosted "games" are just a waste of time. Maybe Accor should consider having these hosted off FB, that way they would also be available to those of us who are not on FB.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by starflyergold
It goes to show that these FB hosted "games" are just a waste of time. Maybe Accor should consider having these hosted off FB, that way they would also be available to those of us who are not on FB.
u actually do not have to sign in on FB - u can also play it w/o signing in
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I've just tried the game for this week. It didn't work for me in Firefox (I got a certificate error), but was able to use it from Chrome. I managed the full 10/10, so perhaps they have fixed the map problem from earlier this morning?
So the map is corrected now?

I'm still awaiting more reports of confirmation that the map was corrected so I can enter and get 500 points...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:14 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by flo_147
u actually do not have to sign in on FB - u can also play it w/o signing in
Why wasn't I told earlier? Thanks flo_147 ^
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Marr3wk
So the map is corrected now?

I'm still awaiting more reports of confirmation that the map was corrected so I can enter and get 500 points...
Some places are a bit off... but nothing that prevents you from choosing the right locations. 500 last week and 500 this week for me, although nothing has posted yet.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:10 am

This morning the map was wrong as the two locations in South America were messed up (when judging from what is north or south to each other).

Accor, despite all the other technical difficulties, that is ridiculous. There are dozens of complains on facebook now about the issue, no response yet. How embarassing. Looking forward to be able to "play" a second time or whatever. But, what I expect is exactly nothing, as usual with Le Club. Sometimes I wonder if there is maybe one person only running the whole thing and pretending it is something big and reliable...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I put florianopolis as north of Buenos Aires so I don't understand how it could have been wrong even if the map points were wrong. Are you saying that game programming calculated them as wrong answers and mixed them up? Unfortunately I can't get back in the game to check the map now unless I register a new account... I wish I had taken a screenshot with my answers in place before submitting. Well, I've e-mailed Accor Concierge about it as well as Accor Customer Service. I can't believe that a large multi-national company could make yet another cock-up.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:27 am

Accor write on Facebook in reply to polish "fan" (google translated): Missing 100pkt will be added to all participants who hit the unlucky question
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:35 am

And I can confirm the map is now correct and works absolutely fine!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Marr3wk
Accor write on Facebook in reply to polish "fan" (google translated): Missing 100pkt will be added to all participants who hit the unlucky question
That's just part of the problem. What about your entry to the weekly 15k competition, and also your chance to make another guess in the 1m points compeition.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by David-A
That's just part of the problem. What about your entry to the weekly 15k competition, and also your chance to make another guess in the 1m points compeition.
Hm, I didn't get to make another guess even after getting 500.

Anyway, I am merely after the 2k points, i.e. a voucher, that's a tangible reward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.