Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:28 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

I would like to clarify that the "New Years" badge issue is being resolved as we speak. All of you who have checked in the 31st or 1st of January will get your appropriate badge.

Best,

Amy
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
My last check in has been pending for 25 days. Are others experiencing similar delays?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:34 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

I would like to clarify that the "New Years" badge issue is being resolved as we speak. All of you who have checked in the 31st or 1st of January will get your appropriate badge.

Best,

Amy
Thank you Amy
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:41 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by RafKa
My last check in has been pending for 25 days. Are others experiencing similar delays?
Not quite 25 days but I have a pending check in outstanding since 2nd January. More recent stays have been validated promptly.

Validation timescales seem totally random.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by generikz
My multiple requests to fix my check ins on PLACES are just a marathon of messages and false hopes, with a 4-node communication channel between FB, Accor Singapore, Accor+ and each of the hotels where I made check ins.
Is PLACES hopelessly BROKEN?
Not broken bug not always working as expected!

Did a 1-hour troubleshooting session with their IT team and we found a way to make it work.

The problems start when you get a new LCAH card number (different from the one your registered on PLACES) and you use FIREFOX as a browser.
Could be a shareholder plan upgrade or an Accor Plus membership triggering the card change.

They will update your PLACE card number on request and it should work as expected if you are using:
  • PLACES App on your mobile phone
  • Chrome
  • Firefox in private browsing mode
For some reason, with Firefox, the database will revert back to your previous card number and make any Places check in Refused.

Took a while to sort out but now all my 7 pending check ins cleared!

Julien
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:05 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by generikz
Not broken bug not always working as expected!

Did a 1-hour troubleshooting session with their IT team and we found a way to make it work.

The problems start when you get a new LCAH card number (different from the one your registered on PLACES) and you use FIREFOX as a browser.
Could be a shareholder plan upgrade or an Accor Plus membership triggering the card change.

They will update your PLACE card number on request and it should work as expected if you are using:
  • PLACES App on your mobile phone
  • Chrome
  • Firefox in private browsing mode
For some reason, with Firefox, the database will revert back to your previous card number and make any Places check in Refused.

Took a while to sort out but now all my 7 pending check ins cleared!

Julien
Who to contact to change the LCAH membership number on Places? I've contacted LCAH on Facebook. They do nothing but repeat that someone from customer service team will get me back soon. I've been waiting for their soon help three weeks now.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Who to contact to change the LCAH membership number on Places? I've contacted LCAH on Facebook. They do nothing but repeat that someone from customer service team will get me back soon. I've been waiting for their soon help three weeks now.
They used to be reachable via Email and Facebook (Places dedicated) but this is gone for quite some time now.
I pushed Accor Plus CS to fix this because the Plus registration broke Places for me.

On Facebook chat I sometimes receive answer weeks after I sent my questions, it's common with Accor.

Julien
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:16 am

The facebook account I used before is no longer active, when I try to connect
another facebook account I get this error message, is there a solution?
(apart from contacting the non-existing customer service)

Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Dear members,

Best,

Amy
The New Years badge posted today. Thank you !
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:11 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by clublounger
The New Years badge posted today. Thank you !
It's posted here as now as well. The fact that Accor has fixed something brings far more joy than the 100 points are actually worth.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Dear members,
I wonder why there is such a ridiculous badge. It doesn't count if you are there at the start of the new year unless you check in on 31st Dec. Why does Accor want to encourage guests to break a stay into multiple bookings and give them a penalty if they just book, say, a week, across the new year? Assuming you are checking in before 31st Dec, obtaining the badge makes for way more effort for both guests and hotels.

Last edited by Kremmen; Jan 30, 2018 at 8:04 am
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:57 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello to all,

Glad to hear you finally received your badge. Wishing you a wonderful day,

Best,

Amy
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I wonder why there is such a ridiculous badge. It doesn't count if you are there at the start of the new year unless you check in on 31st Dec. Why does Accor want to encourage guests to break a stay into multiple bookings and give them a penalty if they just book, say, a week, across the new year? Assuming you are checking in before 31st Dec, obtaining the badge makes for way more effort for both guests and hotels.

I have the same opinion. For several years I have been staying in accor hotels for the new year eve and I never received this badge because I have never stayed "just" the night of the new year eve. This badge does not make any sense with these rules!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by BrunoLima
I have the same opinion. For several years I have been staying in accor hotels for the new year eve and I never received this badge because I have never stayed "just" the night of the new year eve. This badge does not make any sense with these rules!
Here's my experience, and my take. First off, the Badge is NOT for staying on New Year's Eve. It's for a "check-in on Jan 1" . So, it's clearly stated. What's the argument that the badge doesn't make sense? None of this "makes sense". It's a game, and there are rules, and one doesn't have to play.

That being said, I DID check into a hotel on January 1. In China. The problem that arose is that my check-in was validated for December 31. When I looked back, all my China check-ins were marked as validated a day earlier than they should have been. I'm assuming it has something to do with China being ahead of France by 7 hours. In any case, my validated check-in for December 31 would seem to disqualify me for the New Year's badge. Accor did the right thing by including check-ins that were marked as validated on December 31.

Maybe next year the glitch will be fixed, and truly only Jan 1 check-ins will qualify. Or not.
1flyer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
FWIW, I always thought that badge applied for anyone who was staying at a property on Jan 1st, regardless of whether checking in, checking out or mid-stay on Jan 1st...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.