Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor ignoring customer e-mails

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Accor ignoring customer e-mails

I am a Platinum A-Club member and I really don't understand those guys at Accor - They don't even bother responding to e-mails!

It's not something which happened once, but a systematic thing.

How do they expect people to be loyal to a company not even giving basic service?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:38 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Did you use the email function on the A-Club website? I tend they always get back that way, maybe not always with a clear answer but a response tends to issue nevertheless.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Did you use the email function on the A-Club website? I tend they always get back that way, maybe not always with a clear answer but a response tends to issue nevertheless.
Yes... I've tried both the e-mail address and the contact form one.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 4:45 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by RamPardes
Hello,
Please allow them maximum 2 weeks to get back to you.
If it's urgent, please contact our customer service by phone : http://www.a-club.com/en/phone-contact.html

Thank you!

Dieu Anh
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1P, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
Canceled

Just cancelled my account with Accor. Not that I had much status but to the point, if I have to go through that much trouble to have nights and points credited to my account (scanning, emailing my bill and then calling to make sure they got it 7 weeks later!) its totally not worth it. You have a signed credit card receipt, the internal record of my stay's AND my bill, and you make me go through all of the work to have my account credited?

Sorry...I'm out!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by RamPardes
I am a Platinum A-Club member and I really don't understand those guys at Accor - They don't even bother responding to e-mails!

How do they expect people to be loyal to a company not even giving basic service?
IMHO ur thread heading is incorrect ..Accor ''ignoring'' means or potrays that they were earlier not ignoring emails and customer issues..IME they have always been ignoring emails or sending random irrelevant replies
The subject should be Accor continues to ignor

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello,
If it's urgent, please contact our customer service by phone : http://www.a-club.com/en/phone-contact.html

Thank you!

Dieu Anh
IIRC, when u submit a query online, we get a pop up stating we will get a reply within 72hrs ( or 48hrs am not sure).. Then why 2 weeks ?
Similar thing with IHG's PC and Marriots MR and I have always got relevant replies within this time..
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:24 am

Hello,

Thank you!

Dieu Anh
Wow, two weeks is a very poor response time for a business.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by camsean
+1..
And I have had experiences where they simply did not reply.. then i sent a reminder and then another one and then they called me up..
Anyway, they should ensure to change the misleading pop up which says 72 hrs or something while submitting the online form ..
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:11 am

Sure, the time response should be shorter than that. However, in order to avoid us (the customer service + me) to work at the same time, separately, on the same issue, I asked RamPardes (who contacted me through private message as well) to wait for the customer service's answer before contacting me.

Dieu Anh
Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Spin....spin.....spin. A-Club emailed me (3 times) to say my Platinum Status had been renewed - each time noting the incorrect address.

They had the right address since the inception of the programme, so I'm not sure why they decided to change it. I emailed them with the correct address, they sent another email (the 4th) advising that I was PLatinum for another year, and my new card would soon be sent to the INCORRECT address.

Hopeless.

Hyatt Diamond Desk respond to emails within 24hrs - usually within a few hours, they always get it right. Accor are hopeless and have nothing but contempt for their customers. It will be a cold day in hell before I patronise this miserable excuse for a hotel chain again.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by shillard
each time noting the incorrect address.
Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please send me through private message your A|Club card number as well as your correct address?

Dieu Anh
Old May 12, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Two weeks??? I got three weeks

Originally Posted by camsean
Well, two weeks are bad, but three weeks??
I emailed to Novotel Nusa Dua that I will use my complimentary room upgrade certificate. I usually e-mail the hotel first to make sure that everything is OK before I make booking. Days by days passing by, but I didn't receive any email from them. As a comparison, I've e-mailed other hotel in Asia Pacific without any problems, Novotel Citygate HK, Grand Mercure SG, Mercure Wanshang Beijing, Ibis HK, sofitel Saigon, Novotel Majestic, including other Accor properties in Indonesia (excluding Novotel Nusa Dua ofcourse). They usually e-mail me back maximum in 1 day after.

I phoned the sales manager of Novotel Nusa Dua, and after additional two days without notice, finally I cancel the reservation in Nusa Dua and went to book their neighbor, Courtyard Marriott Nusa Dua. Finally I just got official email from them that I could use the certificate but cannot use the certificate for the 2 bedroom suite with pool since it's very limited. It can be only confirmed for 24-48 hours before. Lol.. Thank you then, no apologies, and no certainty. Just say goodbye Novotel Nusa Dua. Never again.
Old May 14, 2011, 6:17 pm

From my experience A|club simply don't reply to the first or even second email. I waited over a month (!) for a response, wrote again, forwarding my earlier email and received an automated reply that didn't respond to my question at all!

On the third time I discovered that if you write "this is the third time I have written!" and "why has no one replied to me?" you get a reply almost immediately - within the hour! I also received the same automated reply (giving me conflicting information).

Always mention that you expect a prompt reply (don't they say 48 hours on the website?) or complain that you have received no response to earlier inquiries.

Very poor service, A|club!
Old May 15, 2011, 7:24 am

well for me, usually i do get a reply, sometimes i dont.

what irks me is that they reply with an email that u cannot reply to. so if they didnt answer my question, i have to go through the website again! no follow up at all. unbelievable! in this age and time, such a practice still exist.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:43 am

Hello,

Thank you!

Dieu Anh
i just sent an email. it says on the website that i can expect a reply within 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.