Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Booked a standard room at Novotel Taoyuan Airport Hotel, Taiwan without breakfast , was upgraded to Premier Floor room with lounge access. The room is almost identical to the Premier room in Novotel Bangkok Siam Square which is nice and tastefully furnished. Only difference is they provide Nespresso here but not at Siam Square.

Last week, was given an exec room at Grand Mercure Roxy, Singapore, not because of elite recognition but because they ran out of non-smoking rooms at the superior room category and was about to put me in a smoking room, I told the reception in no uncertain terms, I would never accept a smoking room. Reluctantly, after a few dashes to her superior, and a wait of 15minutes, a room at a higher floor was given. Frankly, if anyone's thinking of upgrading to this type of Exec room, don't bother. It's same dated room with maybe an extra lounge chair. Accor has a lot of new properties in Asia for one to choose to stay and the bathrooms has always been great that it's been quite a while that I've showered standing in the bath tub. So "traditional". This hotel needs some upgrading and renovation.

Last edited by RJ77; Apr 26, 2011 at 1:21 am
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:05 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Just stayed at Pullman Auckland. Hold Gold Status but booked through work at Cost rates so not a point earning rate.

Did not expect any recognition but to tell you the truth they were awesome. could Not do enough to help me out. Late check out till 2pm, Gift on arrival was a Pistachio Tart and a Litre Bottle of sparking local NZ water (which i love anyway).

They bent over backwards for me to help me out with Breakfast inclusions and the staff were amazing. My new hotel in Auckland me thinks!

Rooms were fantastic, gym is fantastic, restaurant was great. Can't fault them at all.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by `X'
Just stayed at Pullman Auckland. Hold Gold Status but booked through work at Cost rates so not a point earning rate.

Did not expect any recognition but to tell you the truth they were awesome. could Not do enough to help me out. Late check out till 2pm, Gift on arrival was a Pistachio Tart and a Litre Bottle of sparking local NZ water (which i love anyway).

They bent over backwards for me to help me out with Breakfast inclusions and the staff were amazing. My new hotel in Auckland me thinks!
Rooms were fantastic, gym is fantastic, restaurant was great. Can't fault them at all.
Great that ur experience was so pleasant..
Hope this kinda customer feedback thread is shared with most Accor properties in Europe atleast !!
Old May 1, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Just stayed at the Sofitel gatwick with three club rooms. No recongnition, in fact request for runway rooms didnt work so had to wait a couple of hours.

Still enjoyed our stay and staff very friendly, just seems to be lacking something. Everytime I stay at the LHR Hilton, much more infrequently I get welcomed back and they know my prefered room view etc.

Not even a welcome back note or anything from the manager, even though I think this is the best option for Gatwick is really seems your platinum status is pointless.
Old May 3, 2011, 9:49 am

Stayed at Sofitel Le Louise in Brussels over the weekend (3 nights/Platinum). Upgrade confirmed in advance by emailing hotel. Welcome drink only received when prompting for it (which, to be honest, I find quite embarrasing), no welcome gift given nor asked for. Hotel staff friendly but seen better, especially for a hotel of this quality. The bar, on the other hand, must be, bar none, the worst I have ever been to. Staff hugely disinterested and at one point just left the place after receiving no service.

Next time in Brussels I will probably try the Europa hotel.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Stayed at Sofitel Le Louise in Brussels over the weekend (3 nights/Platinum). Upgrade confirmed in advance by emailing hotel. Welcome drink only received when prompting for it (which, to be honest, I find quite embarrasing), no welcome gift given nor asked for. Hotel staff friendly but seen better, especially for a hotel of this quality. The bar, on the other hand, must be, bar none, the worst I have ever been to. Staff hugely disinterested and at one point just left the place after receiving no service.

Agreed, find the service at the Le Louise wanting. The Europe Sofitel is much much better.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Agreed, find the service at the Le Louise wanting. The Europe Sofitel is much much better.
On my side, I stayed there in march and received an excellent service both by reception staff and at the bar. I was not upgraded because the hotel was archi full but had the drink voucher without asking and they offered me the Internet connection in room. Chocolates were also offered during the evening turn down service.
Old May 3, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
On my side, I stayed there in march and received an excellent service both by reception staff and at the bar. I was not upgraded because the hotel was archi full but had the drink voucher without asking and they offered me the Internet connection in room. Chocolates were also offered during the evening turn down service.
Truth be told, and this is my biggest issue with FT - the definition of service is so subjective. I also have different service expectations dependant on my own moods (I guess this is the same for everyone). The reception staff was friendly, helped me with any enquiries but when offers such as asking to call Europcar takes longer for them than for me, offers to call a cab (then being told no cars, then starts helping another customer checking out) I can't help getting annoyed (you would think they have a special line for Europcar at Midi). I appreciate the chocolates, but the booking was clearly made for two people and when only one bottle of water is provided in the room this becomes a nuisance more than anything.

They pride (I think) themselves on being a 5* hotel and when I need to sit at the bar for longer than 5 minutes without someone coming to ask if I need anything (a menu is a good place to start), I become irritated. Having said that, when I return to Brussels next, should Europa be full (my partner is from Brussels so he knows what part of town he wants to be in) or him not wanting to go there, I would stay there rather than the Conrad or Amigo most likely. Anyway, I digress as I am going way OT for the purpose of this thread...
Old May 8, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Booked a Superior Room Club Sofitel at the Sofitel Hyland in Shanghai and was upgraded to a junior suite with Club access. Also received a welcome fruit plate, but it was nothing special.

It seems like room upgrades in Sofitels are much more common in Asia than in Europe, at least in my experience. When I stayed in the Sofitel Lisbon last year, I received absolutely no recognition or perk for being a Platinum member.
Old May 8, 2011, 11:35 am

Smile

Here's a short recap of my A|Club Platinum upgrades in my recent China trip (as always, Accor really rocks in Asia):
1. Sofitel Wanda Beijing: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a beautiful 61m suite + club access (which was awesome!). 2 welcome drinks were given (which included wine, and a fine wine we took) and a welcome gift (leather tag for a suitcase). WONDERFUL HOTEL!!!
2. Sofitel Galaxy Nanjing: booked a superior club room, was upgraded to a nice 55m suite + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given (nothing special) and the welcome gift was a plate of fruits and some cookies. An OK hotel, but Accor ought to rebrand it as a Novotel.
3. Sofitel Hyland Shanghai: booked a superior club room, was upgraded to a nice 50m suite + club access (which was really great). 2 welcome drinks were given and a welcome gift (choclates). A nice hotel, but starting to show its age, even at the top floors.
4. Sofitel Chengdu: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a beautiful 78m Sofitel suite + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given (after asking for 'em) and same about the welcome gift (2 sets of nail pulishers, scissors etc.). An average hotel, and again, Accor ought to downgrade it to a Novotel.
5. Sofitel Forbase Chongqing: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a luxury club room + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given plus a welcome gift (choclates). A very nice hotel with a superb western buffet, but, alas, so far away from downtown (and the taxi drivers in Chongqing are INSANE!).
6. Pullman Guangzhou airport : booked a deluxe room, was upgraded to an executive deluxe room + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given and a nice welcome gift (some fruit). Great hotel, but too far from downtown (apx. 45 minutes by metro).
7. Sofitel Humen Oriental: booked a junior suite, was upgraded to an INSANE 200m opera suite with 2 bedrooms + club access + transfer to and from the hotel. By far, this is the best room I've ever slept in, in all my years of travel. Got a welcome gift, which included a bottle of wine, a huge plate of fruit and too many cookies to handle. OMG! This hotel is too good to be true, but, alas, Humen (a city withing the city of Dongguan) doesn't have many touristic options.
8. Sofitel Royal Lagoon Dongguan: got a 2-night complimentary stay, no upgrade, but got 2 complimentary dinners, 2 welcome drinks and a fruit plate as a welcome gift.
9. Ended the trip in Sofitel Wanda Beijing again: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a beautiful 61m suite + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given and a welcome gift (this time it was a pair of gold plated cufflinks with a Sofitel sign).

All in all, as always, I just love Accor in Asia. Hopefully, Accor will duplicate these perks to Europe, too.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:49 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

TheShis that sounds like a great trip! ^
Old May 8, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by TheShis
Hopefully, Accor will duplicate these perks to Europe, too.
Wow.. real great trip it seems ^

Amen to the statement in bold ..
Old May 19, 2011, 4:32 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Sofitel New York

Most recent stay:

- upgrade to suite
- welcome drink
- welcome gift (large selection of deserts)
- daily turn down service with chocolates, fruit and sweets
- personal welcome by guest relation manager

All in all the best treatment I had in years at a Sofitel, magnifique so to speak ^
Old May 19, 2011, 5:47 am

Most recent stay:

- upgrade to suite
- welcome drink
- welcome gift (large selection of deserts)
- daily turn down service with chocolates, fruit and sweets
- personal welcome by guest relation manager

All in all the best treatment I had in years at a Sofitel, magnifique so to speak ^
good to know.. unfortunately we have approved corp rates in very few sofitels
Old May 19, 2011, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Most recent stay:

- upgrade to suite
well, there is a suite in this hotel that is very famous now ...
More seriously, I always read good reviews of this hotel, so I hope I'll try it sometimes (I usually stay at the Novotel Times square which is quite nice also and a little bit cheaper than the Sofitel).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.