Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi, I am looking for those folks that have PLAT and their recent experiences regarding what was offered upon check-in (room upgrades, welcome amenities, free breakfast etc).
Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, lots of random hotel schemes...
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Hi, I am looking for those folks that have PLAT and their recent experiences regarding what was offered upon check-in (room upgrades, welcome amenities, free breakfast etc).
I have been platinum for over a year.
The most common thing which is offered on check in is a key to my room and being wished a pleasant stay. I am serious!
See previous thread where I shared my joy after receiving an upgrade (normal room + espresso machine) after more than a year of platinum membership.

This is based on Novotel and Mercure mainly, but with the odd Sofitel week of disappointment thrown in as well. If only there were some other options closer to the office I commute to each week...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sofitel is obviously your best bet at getting some recognition. I got a upgrade to a business room at my last Mercure but that was more to do with being turned away from a Novotel due to overbooking rather than status.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
I usually get a minor room upgrade. Once they upgraded me to a suite with espresso machine....usually from deluxe to luxury---and there is no real difference that I can tell. In Beijing, upgrade to a club floor, but it didn't come with club priveleges.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:47 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Though I stay mostly in Adagio / IBIS/ Mercure, I dont get any addl privileges as a Platinum..
Reading other threads in this forum, I believe the main advantage of being a platinum is that you get double points and thats it.. and yes sometimes if u r staying in sofitel and are lucky, you may get some kinda upgrade..
Basically, dont get excited about being Platinum and dont expect much.. that way u will be pleasantly surprised whenever you get anything and not disappointed when you dont get anything ( more probable scenario)..
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
There is no Platinum experience other than the points not posting properly, which is exactly the experience of every other level in A/club.

Ime, Accor A/club has to be one of the most inept and least rewarding customer loyalty programs.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:18 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Most Sofitel stays: upgrade (not always next category but mostly better room), drinks vouchers at all of them, 95% welcome gift, late check out: almost all of them

MGallery: most upgrade but not all, less than Sofitel, drinks vouchers at all of them, 95% welcome gift, ;ate check out all of them.

Very rarely stay at other Accor hotels.

Keep in mind elite privileges don't apply to anything below MGallery, so no point in expecting anything that is not part of the deal, but as we know there are exceptions.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Keep in mind elite privileges don't apply to anything below MGallery, so no point in expecting anything that is not part of the deal, but as we know there are exceptions.
Indeed....kind of difficult to get a upgraded room at an Ibis anyway.

It would be nice to get given something at all Accor hotels even if it was just a drink voucher.

I am Gold with Golrpointsplus, the day after we arrived at the FRA Park Inn where all the rooms are the same anyway I asked the girl at the front desk if they recognised elite status. She was most apologetic to hear that I hadn't received anything and organised a bowl of fruit to be sent up to the room straight away. A nice touch I thought instead of just saying that they didn't.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
It would be nice to get given something at all Accor hotels even if it was just a drink voucher.
+1.. there are many small things that the hotel can do ( other than upgrades) which will not cost them much but make the client feel good..like u said giving drink vouchers, a small fruit bowl etc.. these soft touches go a long way in retaining loyalty...oh.. where is the accor lurker
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Mercure Perth - always get a room upgrade
Novotel Perth - a small gift - last time 3 bottles of beer in an ice-bucket!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for this.....perhaps we should continue to post what benefits we get here! So from what I can gather so far that breakfast is NOT one of the benefits!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Thanks for this.....perhaps we should continue to post what benefits we get here! So from what I can gather so far that breakfast is NOT one of the benefits!
bfast ins not one of the benefits in any of the accor chain hotels AFAIK.. we wish it was
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
My Platinum experience?

I haven't touched an Accor hotel in 6 months - this after 10 years of solid business with them, most recently as an A-Club Plat (since the programme's launch), prior to that Sofitel Privilege Gold.

Haven't heard a thing from them.

That's all you need to know.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Most Sofitel stays: upgrade (not always next category but mostly better room), drinks vouchers at all of them, 95% welcome gift, late check out: almost all of them

MGallery: most upgrade but not all, less than Sofitel, drinks vouchers at all of them, 95% welcome gift, ;ate check out all of them.

Very rarely stay at other Accor hotels.

StarFlyer: Do you normally write an email before your check-in or negotiate at the front desk or what is your secret?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:46 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by micke100
StarFlyer: Do you normally write an email before your check-in or negotiate at the front desk or what is your secret?
Micke100: I always*always*always write to the hotels in advance, sort of announcing my future arrival and politely saying that as an A-Club Platinum card holder I expect only the best of perks.
So far - it has worked in 100% of the cases in Europe and Asia.
Hmmm - makes you wonder - should I ask for a red carpet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.