FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread
Old May 3, 2011, 3:45 pm
dodgeflyer

Originally Posted by Goldorak
On my side, I stayed there in march and received an excellent service both by reception staff and at the bar. I was not upgraded because the hotel was archi full but had the drink voucher without asking and they offered me the Internet connection in room. Chocolates were also offered during the evening turn down service.
Truth be told, and this is my biggest issue with FT - the definition of service is so subjective. I also have different service expectations dependant on my own moods (I guess this is the same for everyone). The reception staff was friendly, helped me with any enquiries but when offers such as asking to call Europcar takes longer for them than for me, offers to call a cab (then being told no cars, then starts helping another customer checking out) I can't help getting annoyed (you would think they have a special line for Europcar at Midi). I appreciate the chocolates, but the booking was clearly made for two people and when only one bottle of water is provided in the room this becomes a nuisance more than anything.

They pride (I think) themselves on being a 5* hotel and when I need to sit at the bar for longer than 5 minutes without someone coming to ask if I need anything (a menu is a good place to start), I become irritated. Having said that, when I return to Brussels next, should Europa be full (my partner is from Brussels so he knows what part of town he wants to be in) or him not wanting to go there, I would stay there rather than the Conrad or Amigo most likely. Anyway, I digress as I am going way OT for the purpose of this thread...