FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread
Old May 8, 2011, 11:35 am
TheShis

Smile

Here's a short recap of my A|Club Platinum upgrades in my recent China trip (as always, Accor really rocks in Asia):
1. Sofitel Wanda Beijing: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a beautiful 61m suite + club access (which was awesome!). 2 welcome drinks were given (which included wine, and a fine wine we took) and a welcome gift (leather tag for a suitcase). WONDERFUL HOTEL!!!
2. Sofitel Galaxy Nanjing: booked a superior club room, was upgraded to a nice 55m suite + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given (nothing special) and the welcome gift was a plate of fruits and some cookies. An OK hotel, but Accor ought to rebrand it as a Novotel.
3. Sofitel Hyland Shanghai: booked a superior club room, was upgraded to a nice 50m suite + club access (which was really great). 2 welcome drinks were given and a welcome gift (choclates). A nice hotel, but starting to show its age, even at the top floors.
4. Sofitel Chengdu: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a beautiful 78m Sofitel suite + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given (after asking for 'em) and same about the welcome gift (2 sets of nail pulishers, scissors etc.). An average hotel, and again, Accor ought to downgrade it to a Novotel.
5. Sofitel Forbase Chongqing: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a luxury club room + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given plus a welcome gift (choclates). A very nice hotel with a superb western buffet, but, alas, so far away from downtown (and the taxi drivers in Chongqing are INSANE!).
6. Pullman Guangzhou airport : booked a deluxe room, was upgraded to an executive deluxe room + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given and a nice welcome gift (some fruit). Great hotel, but too far from downtown (apx. 45 minutes by metro).
7. Sofitel Humen Oriental: booked a junior suite, was upgraded to an INSANE 200m opera suite with 2 bedrooms + club access + transfer to and from the hotel. By far, this is the best room I've ever slept in, in all my years of travel. Got a welcome gift, which included a bottle of wine, a huge plate of fruit and too many cookies to handle. OMG! This hotel is too good to be true, but, alas, Humen (a city withing the city of Dongguan) doesn't have many touristic options.
8. Sofitel Royal Lagoon Dongguan: got a 2-night complimentary stay, no upgrade, but got 2 complimentary dinners, 2 welcome drinks and a fruit plate as a welcome gift.
9. Ended the trip in Sofitel Wanda Beijing again: booked a luxury room, was upgraded to a beautiful 61m suite + club access. 2 welcome drinks were given and a welcome gift (this time it was a pair of gold plated cufflinks with a Sofitel sign).

All in all, as always, I just love Accor in Asia. Hopefully, Accor will duplicate these perks to Europe, too.