Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
By regular car I take you mean a public taxi ?
Or does the hotel offer shuttles to and from the temples ?
No hotel proposes a shuttle to the temples. The Temple area is huge.
By regular car, I mean a car propose by the hotel that you take for the day or the half day. Or it can be a taxi. I am sure some taxi will be very happy to serve you as a driver.
Can I ask you why you don’t want an open vehicle like a tuk tuk ? Just curious, as it is clearly the best way to visit the temples and to go around Siem Reap.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Can I ask you why you don’t want an open vehicle like a tuk tuk ? Just curious, as it is clearly the best way to visit the temples and to go around Siem Reap.
I was in an accident in a tuk tuk that was hit by a car several years ago.
I was flung out of it several meters and was injured quite badly.
Since then I don't travel in "open" vehicles....except occasionally a bus or car with an open roof like a convertible.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
I was in an accident in a tuk tuk that was hit by a car several years ago.
I was flung out of it several meters and was injured quite badly.
Since then I don't travel in "open" vehicles....except occasionally a bus or car with an open roof like a convertible.
indeed, understandable. I hope you recovered fully since that.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:02 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No hotel proposes a shuttle to the temples. The Temple area is huge.
By regular car, I mean a car propose by the hotel that you take for the day or the half day. Or it can be a taxi. I am sure some taxi will be very happy to serve you as a driver.
I booked a car with driver for a day at the hotel. It was well worth it.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I stayed here as Diamond in December and felt that the hotel provided little benefit to someone who would book a club room. No further upgrade from SNU was provided etc. I had clearly not done my home work, and was fooled by the pictures - this is not a beach resort. There is no proper beach, but some sand area where the size varies due to the tide - after you cross a road.

What disappointed me the most, though, was the quality and offering of food. The only place to have lunch, or indeed any food before 5 pm (actual restaurants opened at 6), was the pool bar. The pool bar food was so disappointing I didn’t return, and I wasn’t impressed with any other dishes in the other two restaurants either. This was somewhat shocking for a hotel in Thailand.

The proximity to the minaret was also a surprise - one night at 4 am I woke up to what seemed to someone singing in the room.

The positives were the staff, which were all friendly.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by remymartin
I stayed here as Diamond in December and felt that the hotel provided little benefit to someone who would book a club room. No further upgrade from SNU was provided etc. I had clearly not done my home work, and was fooled by the pictures - this is not a beach resort. There is no proper beach, but some sand area where the size varies due to the tide - after you cross a road.

What disappointed me the most, though, was the quality and offering of food. The only place to have lunch, or indeed any food before 5 pm (actual restaurants opened at 6), was the pool bar. The pool bar food was so disappointing I didn’t return, and I wasn’t impressed with any other dishes in the other two restaurants either. This was somewhat shocking for a hotel in Thailand.

The proximity to the minaret was also a surprise - one night at 4 am I woke up to what seemed to someone singing in the room.

The positives were the staff, which were all friendly.
I think you are posting in the wrong thread. Siem Reap/angkor is definitely not close to the sea and is not in Thailand
AurelAF96 and hotel_user like this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:02 am
Suspended

And definitely not close to a minaret either
remymartin and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 7:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I am going to have a guess at the hotel : It's the "sister" hotel in Krabi, Thailand. TBH it was not our favorite stay in 2019 and can agree with the post in this thread.

Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort

The Siem Reap Sofitel was ( is ) a hotel of legend. We need to return. Will avoid the Krabi one though, and if we go back to Krabi ( its a nice area ) we will stay in the Ibis
Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Just completed 4 nights here. Was upgraded to Junior Suite as a plat. No doubt about the legendary soft and hard product mentioned by the community here.

Will definitely be back!
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by cowism
Just completed 4 nights here. Was upgraded to Junior Suite as a plat. No doubt about the legendary soft and hard product mentioned by the community here.

Will definitely be back!
welcome to the fan club .
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
just catching up with goldoraks visit now! nice to see all is well in the kingdom and and within the walls of the sofitel. almost i year ago i first visited siem reap.... sigh....
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: QF Gold, FB Plat, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold – ex-UA 1k, ex-AA Plat, ex IHG Plat
Have some of you guys booking the Sofitel compared with the Raffles Grand Hotel, or better had the opportunity to try both?
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:20 pm
Suspended

The Raffles is definitely more luxurious but is lacking the charm of the Sofitel which has a stronger Khmer atmosphere. Moreover the Sofitel gives more the impression to be surrounded by nature. Both are very different.
the Raffles is more stilted imho.
I love the Sofitel much better, one of my favorite Accor properties btw.

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Jun 17, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by macaron35
The Raffles is definitely more luxurious but is lacking the charm of the Sofitel which has a stronger Khmer atmosphere. Moreover the Sofitel gives more the impression to be surrounded by nature. Both are very different.
the Raffles is more stilted imho.
I love the Sofitel much better, one of my favorite Accor properties btw.
the Sofitel Angkor is THE BEST HOTEL IN THE WORLD
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Totaly agree

the Sofitel Angkor is THE BEST HOTEL IN THE WORLD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.