Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa

Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
thanks for your comprehensive sharing.The photos look great =)
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hey guys...10th stay at Sofitel Angkor
Wow!!! 10x!!!! There should be a badge on Le Club Places for those who stay 10 times on the same properties.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:56 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
10th stay! Wow!
This time I cant comment that I'm standing in the background of some picture

Where did the GM move on to?

Come to think of it, what do the other regulars here think: Would it make sense to set up a wiki for each dedicated hotel thread and update/list names of Snr Management?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you guys

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
This time I cant comment that I'm standing in the background of some picture

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Where did the GM move on to?
The former GM has moved to Dubai (but not in an Accor hotel).
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Goldorak, I am sure your recent reports will make a lot of people that have issues with Accor visit some of these gem Sofitels !

Originally Posted by Goldorak
He was working before at the famous La Mamounia hotel in Marrakech and he speaks perfectly French.
I could not refrain to laugh on this one... Did you ask if he know a very well known French politics journalist?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
GoldorakI could not refrain to laugh on this one... Did you ask if he know a very well known French politics journalist?
the one wearing "doudounes" ? (sorry guys, only some of you listening to a French radio, Europe 1, in the morning can understand )
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Sofitel Angor versus Park Hyatt Siem Reap

Have to decide whether to stay at the Soifitel Angor or Park Hyatt Siem Reap for a four day stay with Ms. Travelexpert and 13 year old daughter this forthcoming January.

Benefit of Sofitel is rates are about $135 per night for room. WE may go for two rooms.

Park Hyatt rates are much higher--and I could use cash and points for 7,500 points per night plus $100 per room.

So Sofitel could save a bunch of points for just a little more cash outlay.

Bottom line--how so these two properties compare with respect to:

1. Location
2. Quality of standard room
3. Service
4. WOW factor

One more thing--I have Platinum status with Hyatt, no status with Accor.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Have to decide whether to stay at the Soifitel Angor or Park Hyatt Siem Reap for a four day stay with Ms. Travelexpert and 13 year old daughter this forthcoming January.

Benefit of Sofitel is rates are about $135 per night for room. WE may go for two rooms.

Park Hyatt rates are much higher--and I could use cash and points for 7,500 points per night plus $100 per room.

So Sofitel could save a bunch of points for just a little more cash outlay.

Bottom line--how so these two properties compare with respect to:

1. Location
2. Quality of standard room
3. Service
4. WOW factor

One more thing--I have Platinum status with Hyatt, no status with Accor.
I have never stayed at the Park Hyatt, so won't be able to answer all your questions. I always heard good things about it. Location : the Sofitel is closer to the temple area. The Hyatt is "more downtown" meaning closer to nightlife activities like pub street.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just returned from a stay there. Beautiful resort with a terrific garden and great pool. Staff is very friendly and a great service is provided. Organized meetings with 0ver 80 participants and the facilities are good and well supported
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

A quick post to report that I recently completed my 11th stay (6 nights) in my paradise on earth Yes I know, I'm lucky
And this hotel is still at the top of the top thanks to its wonderful employees and managers and of course because of its very nice facilities. Top notch customer treatment and platinum recognition.

Once again, I sincerely hope that you dear members of the Accor forum will have a chance to try this highly recommendable hotel ^

@ to Sofitel Angkor if you read this : please never change
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Dear All

Please see a link to my latest review of the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Resort and Spa Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26711983-post12.html

It is part of a wider trip report but I thought this section would be useful here.

Regards

aks120
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by aks120
Dear All

Please see a link to my latest review of the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Resort and Spa Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26711983-post12.html

It is part of a wider trip report but I thought this section would be useful here.

Regards

aks120
Arghhh I'm jealous
If I may : the hotel is not located on a golf course. The golf course used by the hotel is not in this area (not even walking distance). You said there were very few houses between the airport and the hotel. Well, I'm quite surprised by that because there are mostly very large hotels and shops. Of course if you use the road via Angkor Wat, it is more "rural". But I can tell you this area is certainly not as poor as what you describe. Of course I'm talking about Cambodian and not Western standards (Siem Reap is the wealthiest town with Phnom Penh with the tourist flood). Believe me there are much poorer areas in Cambodia. What you saw in SR is nothing.
Thanks a lot for sharing
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:20 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Vithei Charles De Gaulle Khum Svay Dang Kum, Angkor Siem Reap, Cambodia KH

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort (26 Photos)

I stayed a couple of nights at the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort over Xmas. This hotel came highly recommended by a certain FT friend who has extensively written about it already in this thread.

He was right, this is a stunning hotel with a service oriented mangement and staff that puts many other hotels to shame.

There are many other hotels in Siem Reap but the Sofitel stands out for its old colonial charm and beautiful setting, inside and outside. (The Le Méridien nearby looks like a bomb shelter from the outside).

1_IMG_5921.JPG

Check In

I had arranged transport from the airport, arriving very early. Despite this the room was ready and check in was done in the seating area of the lobby, not at the desk. A drink was on offer and so were cold towels (water and towels were also ready in the car.).

IMG_5897.JPG

IMG_5919.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG

Everything was in place, welcome letter, drinks vouchers and before I knew it I was in my upgraded room.

Room

I was upgraded to a junior suite which oozed charm. Wooden floors throughout with tasteful furnishings. The room featured a large bedroom, a smaller lounge and a massive walk in wardrobe.

A desk and a mini bar complete with Lavazza coffee machine completed the room. WiFi was strong and had decent speeds.

A balcony with table and chairs looked out onto the beautifully maintained gardens.

IMG_5901.JPG

1_IMG_5902.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5996.JPG

The bathrooms are art deco (ish) style and feature a walk in shower and bath. Toiletries were L'Occitane en Provence.

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

Service

Service throughout was excellent. It clearly showed that staff and management were taking pride in hospitality.

The main reason why tourists flock to Siem Reap is of course Angkor Wat. I arranged a car (aircon was a life saver) with driver (in full uniform with hat and white gloves) and a guide. If you are visiting Angkor Wat please note the temple rules and show respect (the mind boggles how some folks behave).

IMG_6001.JPG

1_IMG_5973.JPG

Angkor Wat when it was "discovered" and now.

IMG_5994.JPG

IMG_5965.JPG

IMG_5983.JPG

Dining

Food was very good. My room included free breakfast and I had a booked the So Gourmet package which included a USD 60/day spend at restaurants and bars. So essentially I needed to spend USD 60 for lunch and dinner which was sometimes a challenge as prices were very reasonable.

The hotel has two restaurants: one French fine dining one which I did not try as I have plenty of that at home and a Asian/Western restaurant with outdoor seating. Meals are also available in the bar or as room service. In teh evenings they also host an outdoor buffet with Cambodian dancers.

The breakfast buffet was huge with many Asian and western options to choose from. I certainly did not go hungry.

1_IMG_5917.JPG

IMG_6007.JPG

IMG_6006.JPG

The hotel in close to the airport (about 20 minute drive through the chaotic Cambodian traffic) and close to the temples.

If you need to leave the hotel tuk tuks are available for USD 2 a pop.

1_IMG_5997.JPG

Overall

Overall this is a stunning hotel. I fully understand why Goldorak is a regular here (and is well known here ;) )

1_IMG_5916_1.JPG

1_IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_6005.JPG

IMG_6004.JPG

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thank you Starflyergold for this review and I am very happy you had a good stay there. I will be there soon, can't wait !!!

Originally Posted by starflyergold
There are many other hotels in Siem Reap but the Sofitel stands out for its old colonial charm and beautiful setting, inside and outside. (The Le Meridien nearby looks like a bomb shelter from the outside).
I laughed reading that in your review because that's exactly what I think everytime I pass in front of Le Mridien. I don't why they did that knowing that all hotels in SR have a very decent style from the outside, but Le Mridien ??? It was just open when I came at the Sofitel Angkor for the 1st time (january 2005) and walked in just to see. It is certainly very decent inside (although I haven't seen the rooms), but they cannot beat the Sofitel.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:24 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Very nice Starflyergold! Much like.
I now have two people to go to for referrals at this property.

Pullman Jakarta CP or Pullman KLCC anyone??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.