Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
OK, I am totally confused by the Wyndham post above. So you have to have an invite to participate and this promo is just an extension of the old promo?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
It actually is the same promotion that had been emailed out. The dates on the mailed out version are later because it arrived later to members then the email had, however it is the same promotion.
is this a targeted one? i have one account which I signed up for emails, but never received emails, whereas my wife's account keeps receiving emails though she unsubscribe the emails.....
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:17 am

Will no show reservation be eligible for earning the points? Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:18 am

All the bloggers are saying that this is NOT TARGETED, but I was thrown off by the Wyndham rep on this thread.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
I think that is what is confusing about this offer. Right now this offer is not advertised to the general public. Meaning it isn't on their website being advertised...nor is it on their Facebook pages etc. I am not sure how the webpage got out there but it has been blogged about a lot and now everyone is interested.

The last promotion WAS targeted via email. Sounds like from what the Wyndham rep on here posted was that they also mailed out this offer to certain people and updated the dates. Probably also put the website on the mailer etc....

When you go to the new updated webpage is states nothing about it being a targeted offer. Anyone can go to it and book through the links. The question being is if ANYONE who books through the links will get the bonus points or not....

I would love to hear back from someone who was not targeted on the inital email but went ahead and booked this time using the new offer and got the points.

It would also be great if the Wyndham rep who posted on here earlier will clarify if this is open to ALL Wyndham Rewards members or just those targeted....
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
* no shows credit no matter what, now whether manually or automatically depends on location.

I am in for one room on the 25th in Florida (to get the 15% off rate), for a cost of $56.60... Will book more once we hear more. My theory is that the first giveaway worked so well that they're giving it another go but open to all as an experiment. I think their hotels enjoyed that last boost in revenue
I tried booking Florida for yesterday, and my reservation was manually cancelled this morning. Hrm.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I tried booking Florida for yesterday, and my reservation was manually cancelled this morning. Hrm.
I'm wondering if you book as prepaid reservation, do they still do the manual cancelation?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by cchuang1980
I'm wondering if you book as prepaid reservation, do they still do the manual cancelation?
It's a good question. I have one booked for mid-november cause I screwed up the months - we will see then
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:56 am

I know it's never good to CALL, but this may be one of those opportunities where it would make sense.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:58 am

it IS still targeted!!!

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Wyndham about this. They confirmed to me that the only people who will get the 16K are those that were targeted for this promotion via email or mailer.

I was told that those people who were targeted have their account coded as such. Those targeted people must then use the link to book their stays in order to get these bonus points.

The rep I spoke to worked with her supervisor. She said they are not sure why the bloggers posted the www.wyndhamrewards.com/bonus16 web page for this promotion because it is not open to anyone booking this link.

They basically said if you book through this link and were NOT targeted you still won't get these points. It is NOT OPEN to everyone.

The reason I called is because my husband and I both have a Wyndham account but I did not get the original email. I was going to book some rooms in my name. The rep checked my account and said if I were to go through that website I still wouldn't get the 16K because I was not targeted on my account.

I realize the terms and conditions on the webpage to not clarify this. But the rep said they did not advertise this promotion to everyone (nor did they advertise this web page) and the bloggers posting this link are doing a grave injustice to their readers because these people won't get the 16K if they were not targeted....

That was what I was told! I would be real careful with this one!~
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:03 am

Interesting.

Nothing in the link says that this is targeted - I don't think this would play too well with consumer protection laws that they probably have to abide by. Quite the opposite - it very clearly states IF you book, you WILL get - "we didn't share it with everyone" would hardly be a valid excuse here.

[edit]

The terms say:

* To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham RewardsŪ points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between 9/12/12 and 12/31/12 and complete their hotel stays by 1/3/13 (the “Promotion Period”). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to three stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked. 16,000 bonus points is redeemable for one free night stay at a Tier 4 hotel. Member stays with check-out dates after 1/3/13 will not be counted towards the Promotion. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the enrollment points and stay bonus points to be credited to their account.
Weaksauce. NOTHING about targeting - I will charge on.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Interesting.

Nothing in the link says that this is targeted - I don't think this would play too well with consumer protection laws that they probably have to abide by. Quite the opposite - it very clearly states IF you book, you WILL get - "we didn't share it with everyone" would hardly be a valid excuse here.

[edit]

The terms say:

Weaksauce. NOTHING about targeting - I will charge on.
I understand where you are coming from! I think Wyndham is not real good at marketing! They sure don't understand the internet and how things spread. I think they put this website on a targeted mailer thinking only those who got the mailer would go to the website and use it.

Instead someone spread the word of this website to everyone and they forgot to put terms and conditions on the new updated website stating this was only for those who received the mailer.

This offer is definitely not being advertised ANYWHERE by Wyndham except via mailer.

My husband got the offer... I did not. But they were very clear to me on the phone that if I booked a room in MY name on my Wyndham account at these hotels I would not get the additional points because I was not targeted. I was told they could see it on their system who got it and who did not.

I would love to see all the bloggers that posted this try to get official clarification on their end!!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:17 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Sorry for the confusion everyone. To clarify there were 2 parts to this promotion.

First part were for members who were targeted through email and the dates for that part were August 6, 2012 to October 6, 2012 and completed by October 9, 2012.

Second part is for member's who were targeted through direct mail. Dates for this part are 9/12/12 to 12/31/12 and completed by 1/3/13.

To qualify you need to have been sent the direct mailer and book through the link provided. If you were not sent the direct mailer and you book through the link you will not receive the points for the promotion.

The second part of this promotion is not an extension of the first so if you had received the email and had not completed your stay you are not able to take part in the second part of the promotion unless you had also received the direct mail offer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:20 am

Sorry for the confusion everyone. To clarify there were 2 parts to this promotion.

First part were for members who were targeted through email and the dates for that part were August 6, 2012 to October 6, 2012 and completed by October 9, 2012.

Second part is for member's who were targeted through direct mail. Dates for this part are 9/12/12 to 12/31/12 and completed by 1/3/13.

To qualify you need to have been sent the direct mailer and book through the link provided. If you were not sent the direct mailer and you book through the link you will not receive the points for the promotion.

The second part of this promotion is not an extension of the first so if you had received the email and had not completed your stay you are not able to take part in the second part of the promotion unless you had also received the direct mail offer.

Thanks for the reply. Based on the webpage that is located at https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...kmem:us:revere - there is absolutely nothing stating that there is any sort of targeting for this promotion. You may want to have it updated to explicitly state it.

As well, I have booked non-refundable stays on my account and I certainly don't intend to NOT receive these points regardless of whether I am able to make my trip or not - I appreciate your agreement with this interpretation of the terms and conditions which are pretty clearly stated at that link as of the time of this writing
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:23 am

I just booked 2 non-refundable rooms yesterday. I got the email back in September. I heard about this and called Wyndham Rewards yesterday before I booked. The rep I spoke to said they extended the offer and we now had till end of December to book. So I booked the non-refundable rooms based on what the Wyndham rep told me!

And then AGAIN today when I called, the rep said my husband could get the promo till the end of December because he got the email in September. I was told I could not because I did not get the offer.

Someone needs to get their facts straight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.