Search

Parker to Become a One-Day "Prison Preferred" Member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Parker to Become a One-Day "Prison Preferred" Member

CHICAGO, Feb 20 (Reuters) - US Airways Group Inc. (LCC.N: Quote, Profile , Research) Chief Executive Doug Parker has been sentenced to surrender on March 15 and serve 24 hours in jail after pleading guilty to a charge of drunk driving, the airline said on Tuesday.

The CEO's day in jail starts one day after US Airways annual Media Day, during which journalists visit the carrier's headquarters to meet with airline officials.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articl...mktNews&rpc=44
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Given that the word is all over the world on this, maybe US Air should run with it, and try to be a leader in awareness, education and zero tolerance. When life gives you lemons...
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
WOW...a day in the clink?!? Either AZ doesn't mess around, or his lawyer must have sucked!

This is still the best though: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071usair1.html
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
I bet this time was negotiated to a different offense and so now he has an equipment voilation and no fees or costs.

Originally Posted by fishintheobx
WOW...a day in the clink?!? Either AZ doesn't mess around, or his lawyer must have sucked!

This is still the best though: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071usair1.html

Programs: US,HH
I wonder if he is going to Tent City

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
I have an idea...

US Airways should run a new promotion...

Be the US Airways Chairman for a day:

Since our leader will be indisposed for a day, we are having a contest to be the US Airways Chairman for a day. You will get First class transportation from any city to Phoenix (of course the day before, you never know with connections), and you will start bright and early March 15. (don't worry, Doug won't be here, he will be detained)... you will get the chance to see the operations and meet the employees. Sign up now....

Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:39 pm

I don't know, this is his third conviction for an impaired driving offense. In most states (at least in the ones I know about) the punishment would be much more severe.

Lucky no one was hurt and maybe some good awareness can come of this.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
US Airways should run a new promotion...

Be the US Airways Chairman for a day:

Since our leader will be indisposed for a day, we are having a contest to be the US Airways Chairman for a day. You will get First class transportation from any city to Phoenix (of course the day before, you never know with connections), and you will start bright and early March 15. (don't worry, Doug won't be here, he will be detained)... you will get the chance to see the operations and meet the employees. Sign up now....

SWEET!! I'll sign up. Think I could fire half of PHL, or would I need more than one day??
Old Feb 20, 2007, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
It also appears DoUgIe had a SECOND DUI dismissed by the judge. When did he get a second DUI.

"A second DUI charge and a speeding charge were dismissed."

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/20/news.../usair_parker/

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Feb 20, 2007 at 4:08 pm
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
SWEET!! I'll sign up. Think I could fire half of PHL, or would I need more than one day??
How fast could we shut down PHL and reopen PIT as a major hub.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:31 pm

A greater punishment would be making him sit in the last row of an A320 flying the country all day, along with 5 other inmates.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I was actually impressed that, against the advice of his attorney (a very good one at that), he pleaded guilty and will serve the time within a month. For once, we see the executive own up and there's little way to blow it out of proportion now. It was smart and mature; the news will pass quickly and the airline will be better for it.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
You think being trapped in a jail cell for 24 hours will make him change his mind on seat pitch changes?

After all these smaller pitches make it seems like you are in a jail cell.

We should make him fly everyday through PHL for a week on an A320 with a big coat and a rollaboard that wount fit because all the overheads are full of crap and then make them check it and then send it to **** and back and never find it.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by debbieb
A greater punishment would be making him sit in the last row of an A320 flying the country all day, along with 5 other inmates.

You are too kind.. it should be row 15B and it should be on a 737...
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:54 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors

No, the statute dictates 10 days in jail with up to 9 suspended for attending an alcohol class. There is a 24 hours minimum that must be served when convicted of DUI.

Is not prison though, its the Maricopa County Jail. I hope he likes sleeping in a tent. Thats where I bet he goes... to tent city.As for the second DUI he had an alcohol content over .08 so he was charged with 2 seperate charges.

1.) 28-1381A1 Driving while impared to the slightest degree.
2.) 28-1381A2 Driving with an alcohol concentration over .08%.

Its common that one gets dismissed.

The funny thing that I wish I could tell people is that you can walk into the prosecutors office and get the exact same deal. Its a pretty standard plea agreement. But you save the thousands you paid for the lawyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.