Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parker to Become a One-Day "Prison Preferred" Member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2007, 5:01 pm

I would love to be the Chairman of US for a day. There are lots of things I would change based on the comments here.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by billinaz
As for the second DUI he had an alcohol content over .08 so he was charged with 2 seperate charges.
Thanks, that explains it.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 5:55 pm

Even though he was convicted of DWI before, this probably counts as the first offense. Usually, DWI convictions are expunged after ten years.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles
Oh boy Chairman for a day... I'd delete Qik permanently, reinstate CARE, make PIT a hub, fire EVERYONE at PHL, reinstate IND's semi-hub status, bring customer service pay rates back to their pre 9/11 levels and take away change fees for all preferred members on non-ref tkts. Could I do it in a day? Well i'd certainly try hehe.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:03 pm
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
This is what he got.

Parker was ordered to spend 24 hours in jail on March 15th, was fined $1,646.25 and ordered to receive alcohol screening at the Center for Recovering Families, according to the Scottsdale City Court Clerk's office.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/20/news...ion=2007022016
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
You are too kind.. it should be row 15B and it should be on a 737...
you guys are hilarious!!

(my add-on)
...and maybe he's sitting next to the lady w/the matches, or down wind from the diapers when the plane is delayed on the runway for hours (it gets sing-song here)...while what did we hear, not the noise of the jet engines but that of de-icers (sp?)...and it caused such as stir...another CP who didn't clear the upgrade, while the silvers and golds...are having sparkling beverages up in first, served in (glass) stemware with glee...while their coats are being hung with care...in hopes that the fog would soon lift at PHL and any good boys and girls can leave there...
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:29 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
(with thoughts of l4pi...) He should be sentenced to spend 24 hours in a Barbie jet, which ends up in PHL, where he spends another 24 hours with the rampers unloading Barbie jets.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by INTSecrets
Oh boy Chairman for a day... I'd delete Qik permanently, reinstate CARE, make PIT a hub, fire EVERYONE at PHL, reinstate IND's semi-hub status, bring customer service pay rates back to their pre 9/11 levels and take away change fees for all preferred members on non-ref tkts. Could I do it in a day? Well i'd certainly try hehe.
It's an excellent start...And if you drink lots of coffee you may even have energy at the end of the day to re-re-configure all of the A320s and burn the blue prints for the rumored re-configured 321's!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Heaven...compared to the last row of a CRJ next to the lav on a day full of 2 hour flights. Either that, or a day of JetBlue's new "Ground Preferred" service!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:50 pm

He can turn this disaster into another excuse for a cost cutting move. US Air can start charging for liquor in first class to cut down on alcohol consumption.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:57 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by BF263533
He can turn this disaster into another excuse for a cost cutting move. US Air can start charging for liquor in first class to cut down on alcohol consumption.
Quit giving Tempe ideas.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:00 pm

Or they start charging us for meals
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Can some of the corporate lawyers on the board shed some insights? I'm thinking that some of US Airways' credit agreements or indentures or the like would have reps and warranties that the company and its officers fully comply with applicable laws. I've seen companies have all sorts of problems with a 10-K delayed by a day or the like or things that are no more material for large corporations than Parker's incident, causing violations of reps and warranties in documents with creditors, causing liquidity crises and the like.

Only an angry creditor would make something of this, but any thoughts?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat., 1.52 MM
Originally Posted by BF263533
What makes you think he'll get to keep his job long enough to make those changes?
He had his portrait on CNN tonight. He didn't wear his tuxedo.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:38 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles
I think the hilarious thing is that a guy I work with got a DUI and was sentenced to three days in jail. They fired him for it and good ole Dougie gets away scott free? hehe... YEAH...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.